“Horrible”

Souris Valley Suites
Ranked #18 of 31 Hotels in Minot
Reviewed March 2, 2014

We stayed here one night in March and the service was okay until after we checked out. My 3 year old got sick and ended up throwing up a little on the bed sheets. we stripped the bed and the next day I was charged two nights stay for a cleaning fee. They said they would not wash the sheets and had to replace them and the comforter which was just fine and clean. I will never ever stay here again or suggest it to anyone else. When I asked about the fee the lady on the phone was extremely rude!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Miranda C
SourisValley1, Director of Sales at Souris Valley Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

Miranda,
I do apologize for your recent experience, but our staff was not notified about your child being sick. We do not let our staff handle any type of bodily fluids per Health Department Regulations. If we would have been notified when this happen we could have made an exception. Again I do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused, if you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact us.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

We booked our room for one night in February and went with another couple. We selected this hotel mainly because it was pet friendly and we never even heard any noise. The room was very nice and clean and especially quiet which I really liked. We was very impressed with the kitchenette. The complimentary breakfast was very good with a nice selection. Also the staff was very professional and friendly. And best of all, Wal-Mart was really close! We would recommend this hotel and will go back there next time we're in Minot.

Room Tip: The end suite was very quiet and roomy!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
SourisValley1, Director of Sales at Souris Valley Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

899DebbieS
Thank you for taking your time in reviewing Souris Valley Suites. We are glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with Souris Valley Suites. We look foward in seeing you soon.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

It was late and we were looking for a room and no one had anything available we went to expedia and found this hotel and I am glad we did. Very clean and very nice rooms. Service was great and Breakfast was good as well.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
SourisValley1, Director of Sales at Souris Valley Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

Jody,
Thank you for taking time to review Souris Valley Suites. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay and our Hot Breakfast Buffet.
We hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

This was our 2nd stay and it was as pleasant as the 1st. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Everyone greeted you with a smile and "hello". Had trouble with a vehicle plug-in and the front desk clerk came out to help! (No need to call & wait for maintenance) All the staff that we encountered would go out of their way to help you if possible.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Brent,
We are happy you enjoy your stay at Souris Valley Suites. I want to thank you for taking your time reviewing us. We hope to you again at Souris Valley Suites.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

We booked and stayed 3 nights in Nov 2013. We traveled with another 3 couples all of us staying at Souris Valley. And doing some serious Christmas Shopping.

The room itself was very clean, 2 queen sized beds, these rooms are suites with kitchenettes with full size fridge with ice machines, stove top, microwave, dishwasher, nice sized sink, cutlery, basically all you would need in a kitchen.

Our bathroom was spacious with great counter space, shower and a tub. Our friends who had King sized beds, had showers only, I was not impressed with how the showers were laid out, you walk in and around a corner, not inviting and really to me dark. Not my cup of tea, and with my imagination, I would expect to see that in a horror movie.

I was very impressed with our room and layout and the cleanliness of it.

Customer service was amazing, we were allowed an early check in. They were very accommodating and allowing us to use the breakfast area and bring our own drinks, so we could visit as a group and enjoy our later meals.

There is a continental + breakfast I believe from 7-10am. The breakfast on Friday was wonderful and fresh lots to choose from, juice, milk, coffee, tea, muffins, fresh fruit, yogurts, a mixed sausage and potato mixture, bagels, toast etc. It seemed lacking on Sat and Sun morning, there were more travelers and they seemed to have a hard time keeping up with the demand, and as well the clean up of the tables. Everyone just took it in stride and waited patiently.

There was a bar I believe open until 10pm, its in the breakfast area, although we did not use this, it looked well stocked with a friendly bar keep.

There was a exercise room, but there is not a pool for those who have young children or who want the exercise.

The location is very convenient, you could not ask for better.

Now for the However part....The beds...not only myself, but the other couples, especially with us ladies, we found the beds to be extremely uncomfortable, rock hard. To the point where I seriously thought I had whip lash. Half of our group felt this way. And it took a good week or so for myself to feel normal again. It really took its toll on us and made our get away trip very disappointing.

If it were not for the bed situation at this hotel I would definitely stay there again. Or for some ( such as my husband) they were just fine with the beds.....

Happy Shopping!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
SourisValley1, Director of Sales at Souris Valley Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

Tammy Thank you for taking time to review Souris Valley Suites. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

I am in and out so quick, they make it easy. Quiet room, good breakfast and I am off. :) It snowed overnight and the guy clearing the lot had cleared a path to the door of my car!! So kind! The only complaint, no water pressure in the shower :(

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
SourisValley1, Director of Sales at Souris Valley Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

We are happy you enjoyed your stay in November 2013. I do apologize for the water pressure, but I will let our staff know about your experience with us. We hope to have you stay with us again.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

We stayed one night at this hotel before flying out of Minot the next am. It was our first stay and we'll definitely be back. The rooms are a good size - huge walk in shower, lots of desk and counter space. We loved that there was a fridge and plenty of room for snacks and food if you were staying a few nights. The bbq area outside looks like a great spot for groups to spend evenings and the bar/breakfast room was quite big. We'll definitely stay here again on future trips to Minot.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
SourisValley1, Director of Sales at Souris Valley Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

CarissaCG thank you for taking time for your review. We at Souris Valley Suites we are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and will be back. We look forward in seeing you in the future.