“Thai food”

Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Dining on a budget
North Dakota
“Thai food”
Reviewed December 22, 2011

Nice quiet location. Food and service are good. Kind of hidden so traffic is light.

Bismarck, North Dakota
“No clue what I was ordering, but I liked it.”
Reviewed October 21, 2011

Quiet little place. In a strip mall and the inside looks like it is in a strip mall. I was confused by menu because I do not have a lot of experience eating Thai food, but we ordered a few things and really enjoyed them. Had some kind of dumpling as an app and that was great. I have been here 3 times and have no complaints. Staff was great.

• Visited August 2011
South Dakota
“Found a Gem in Minot!”
Reviewed April 15, 2011

We had a recommendation to try the Mexican restaurant Mi Mexico (which was fantastic!) and saw Baan Rao in the same shopping complex. We decided we would try it the following night. I did not have high expectations because, after all, we were not in a city that boasts of ethnic cuisine. We were absolutely and pleasantly surprised!
We are light eaters so we split an order of Pad Thai and had the Chicken Satay appetizer. Both were delicious! The servings were such that it was enough for the two of us. The Pad Thai had ample amounts of fresh shrimp for texture and the perfect blend of sweet and savory. They must have used fresh turmeric for the Chicken Satay, it was as if I was tasting the spice for the first time. I wanted a pint of the accompanying peanut sauce!
The very white individual fluorescent lights and lack of decorations made the atmosphere feel a little austere but it was clean and neat.
The wait staff needs a little patience. Our waitress did not appear as if English was her primary language and there was a little confusion regarding some small issues (each of the tables has its own spice tray, all but ours, and she didn't seem to understand that we wanted one!) The young man who actually delivered the meals was wearing an unprofessional T-shirt but he was very friendly - lol.
I balked at the $12 price tag on the Pad Thai but in the end, very happy to pay it.
There is no Thai restaurant in Bismarck and I would seriously consider driving the 100 miles to eat here!

• Visited April 2011
1 Thank MeanderingMax

Been to Baan Rao? Share your experiences!