“Room is Great.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 32 Hotels in Minot
Vancouver, Washington
“Room is Great.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

We were pleasantly surprised by the room and breakfast .Our flight got in late so we were at the hotel at 11: 40 p.m.. We had a reservation but the woman in charge was training a new person and proceeded to have her check us in. She actually scolded her in front of us and when we asked if we could just get our key (we were prepaid) she kept saying " I need to do this first" and said it 3 more times as we were standing there, waiting. The trainee was embarrassed as were we. I was proud of her for not telling her what she could do with her job. Then she told us we were a "No show". We reported all of this to the manager and she was very kind and apologized and said we would be a "no show" after 7 a.m. the next morning. So it took us 20 minutes to check in but because the manager was kind and the trainee tried so hard we came back 6 days later on our return. Mainstay was great........one person can spoil a good stay!

Room Tip: Referrals from other travelers
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
SleepInn M, General Manager at MainStay Suites Minot, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Mary,

It was my pleasure visiting with you the morning of your departure. I sincerely apologize about the incident that took place upon check in. Due to your concerns there has been some additional customer training put into place so situations like that do not happen again. I'm very thankful you choose to give us another chance when coming back into town and hope you will continue to visit during future trips.

Jeannie Wright

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Orem, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

The Mainstay Suites are designed for longer stays, but we stayed just one night. The room was spacious and quiet. The beds were comfortable. We liked the large refrigerator with a freezer. The suite also has a microwave and small cooktop. The continental breakfast was fine. We would stay here again if we were ever in Minot.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
SleepInn M, General Manager at MainStay Suites Minot, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Mike,

Thanks for choosing the Mainstay Suites of Minot for your stay here in the Magic City. It's guest like you that make what we do as a team so enjoyable. Next time in your Minot be sure to stop in as we are making some exciting changes.

Minot, North Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

We stopped in here with another couple, booked the rooms online as pricing was better and the selection of where you want to stay is easier to pick out online than driving around hunting one, of which we have done and those days are over, online booking is here and we have converted, you will too and will come to find it works a lot better than what you use to do, trust us.........
The rooms have full sized appliances so if you want to cook something its all there.
The frontline staff were excellent, the breakfast in the morning was 3.5-4 stars, lots of room and continuously being cleaned.

Room Tip: Book in advance as they Cannot touch the online pricing at the counter, as much as the lady would ha...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
SleepInn M, Manager at MainStay Suites Minot, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
wingRider,

Thank You so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback on Trip Advisor. We are glad you were able to enjoy the room amenities like the large refrigerator and freezer. We are sure glad you got a good night sleep in our comfortable bed as well. Next time you come visit be sure to check out our new pancake maker. We hope to see you again real soon.

Safe Travels
Minot, North Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

We stayed at the MainStay from February 22 to April 10, 2014. The hotel did a great job of working with us on the price as we had a family member in the hospital. The staff was great. Our room was cleaned whenever we asked and our needs were met.
Since our checkout, we have returned twice to stay. The first night our room had a crack in the window and marks in the wall behind the door. Out next visit had us in a room where part of the door was chipped off. The hallways could stand to have the walls wiped down as well as the doors to the rooms.
This is a newer hotel in Minot and attention to keeping it in good condition should be a priority. With each stay, I see more and more of how the hotel is becoming rundown.

• Stayed March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars
SleepInn M, General Manager at MainStay Suites Minot, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Lrcontroller,

I'm glad to hear your stay with us was pleasant. We are currently working hard to update the property and resolve the very issues you were concerned about. We sure hope you will stop in and see us during your next trip to Minot.
Swan River, Manitoba, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

Just got back today-April 20th/2014 from two day store and was booked into Room 228. We entered and phoned down to request different room as someone had obviously placed extremely hot fry pan on carpet which melted plastic in carpet and left ugly round depression. Rug needed to be replaced, so they moved us to Room 328. Good thing room staff was outside room as I had to call her in as there were ketchup stains on wall which she wiped down. I later did some cleaning myself around head board and doors. Dried mud in elevators which almost took 24 hours to disappear.Good location behind Dakota Shopping Mall. Breakfast 5-9 am was adequate-sausage/eggs, cereal, toast, yogurt, coffee, hash, white gravy with bacon/eggs next. No juices either day.

Room Tip: I believe all rooms should be good as this is a newer hotel. I am hopeful that my experiences are th...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
Robert,
I'm sorry to hear we failed to meet and/or exceed your expectations during your stay with us. I have addressed these problems with the housekeeping. I hope during a future trip you will come visit us again and see the changes we've made.

West Fargo, North Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel before. The room was excellent with everything spotless and gave me the impression that this place had just been open, new. The room was spacious and the bed comfortable. I only stayed one night so did not have a need for the refrigerator, stove and microwave. It was nice to have a cup of quality coffee hot and able to drink from a glass cup rather than the usual Styrofoam. The service on check-in and check-out was excellent. They added a nice touch with soup and bread sticks for an evening snack. The breakfast was o.k. The scrambled eggs were far more tasty than my usual fair at hotel continental breakfasts, but they did not offer any sweet rolls or other pastry. I could get a couple of pieces of toast (white bread only) and perhaps a bagel of sorts. I did not stay there for the quality breakfast and the room was excellent, quite and comfortable. It is next to the mall and easy access for eating and shopping establishments. Would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Mikegal05
Mike,

I'm so glad you chose to stay here with us at the Mainstay Suites during your recent trip to Minot. Breakfast is a ever changing thing as we try to keep us with what people may or may not like. I'm sorry you were not pleased at your selections. I value your input as a guest and hope you will come visit so you can personally see how I use feedback just like yours to make sure changes are made and guest stay happy.

Hope to see you soon
Fargo, North Dakota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

Since this hotel was built, I have made it my "go to" place to stay while conducting business here. I was pleasantly surprised last night to arrive to complimentary chicken and wild rice soup. It gave me something to snack on while I waited on the desk clerk to come back from break with what appeared to be a close friend. I guess he had stepped outside to smoke judging from the potent odor coming off of the jacket he never took off. While his friend chatted and finished off the remaining soup, he shared how the former general manager had been laid off about six weeks ago. He let me know she was friends with the "morning girl" so she left, too. He assured me the new GM was doing a great job even though she wasn't as personable as the last. I finally got to my room, thirty minutes after first walking in, to find the bathroom floor apparently wasn't swept during cleaning. That, or the bobby pin fairy is out of control. The rooms are nice here and if you need a short term fix to a housing issue, the suites are nice to have. There is no pool, so if traveling with kids, take another option. I think I've outgrown this property. There are better choices in town for business travelers.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
SleepInn M, General Manager at MainStay Suites Minot, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
DM510,

On behalf of the Staff and myself at the Mainstay Suites thank you for making us Your "go to" Hotel when here in Minot. I'm so sorry we failed to meet or exceed your expectations during your last stay with us. I have spoken with both the Housekeeping supervisor and the mentioned desk clerk about the issues that occurred during your visit. I sincerely hope you will give me the chance personally to make it up to you and show you our improvements on your next visit. Please feel free to contact me personally to discuss this matter.

701-837-3119