“Wonderful place!”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I ordered grab cakes and they were the best I've had. Its a nice, cozy place for couples or good friends to meet. I was alone and felt a little awkward. The service was way above average and the food fantastic Its located downtown, easy to find. The prices are a little high, but worth every penny. My bill was $32.00 before the tip. I had an appetizer and a drink as well.

2  Thank gizzy15
There are newer reviews for 10 North Main

Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

Was in Minot for a short work assignment. Read the great reviews here and completely agree that 10 North is excellent.

I was by myself so I sat at the L shaped bar. Nice bar. Terrific Scotch selection but I opted for a glass of Shiraz which was on special.

Started with the pheasant strips appetizer. The spicy sauce was great. Pheasant is very difficult to cook with and frying it turned the strips into crisps but they were still very good. Very generous portion.

I had a small Caesar salad. It was very good.

I opted for the elk loin dinner with rice and steamed vegetables.

The rice was cooked perfectly as was the vegetable blend.

The elk loin was superb. I was warned by the bartender that the elk is easily overlooked. I asked for it medium rare. It was magnificent. Perfect char and one of the most flavorful cuts of meat I've had. It was in a brown sauce that was like a light BBQ sauce. Perfect.

Dessert was blueberry bread pudding with cinnamon ice cream. Great.

So glad I checked Trip Advisor to find this gem. Still smiling from dinner 2 nights ago. :)

2  Thank flyfishingattorney
Reviewed August 24, 2013

This restaurant was a great find in Minot, North Dakota. I had my 5th visit here on August 22, 2013 so I think I am qualified now. Fine dining is relatively difficult to come by in this State filled with great small diners and quick meal locations. Many of those are very good for home cooking or comfort food but this restaurant is top notch for the entire dining experience. To give you an idea, I suggested a business meeting there even though it meant a 1 1/2 hour drive from Bismarck. The location in downtown Minot next to the railroad and an old depot is easy to find and parking is easy. The interior is well designed to provide a "bistro" type experience with hard wood floors allowing for a relatively noisy dining environment that gives sense of energy and place. The folks working at 10 provide excellent service. It is not a stuffy environment at all. Stuffy or pretentious is hard to pull of here in ND. Sarah and Anna both have been engaging and very good. There are one or two waiters that were a notch below but most provided great informative prompt service. Chad, I gather is a manager, was running a tight ship when we were there. The food is very good. The game dishes are excellent. The walleye has proven itself nearly perfect. The steaks are very good and cooked as ordered. The sides are well prepared and the appetizers are creative and excellent. This restaurant is on par with many restaurants in Dallas/Fort Worth or any other city I have visited. Not to forget, the bar is small but when I have been there for dinner it was vibrant and the drinks were good. In North Dakota this is a real gem and a find. I keep it on speed dial during my many forays to North Dakota to start a new business. A great recommendation.

2  Thank gjoneslaw
Reviewed August 3, 2013

The Elk steak is awesome! This is our favorite place to eat in Minot. Never had a bad meal yet. Service is always good too. Will recommend this to everyone.

2  Thank Gazzo1
Reviewed July 29, 2013

the atmosphere was great, and the service was wonderful. They had a nice wine list, and recommended a nice wine to go with our pheasant. The roast chicken was fabulous!
Would have given five stars, but it is a little pricey for what you get. However, you do have the cachet of dining in a restaurant co-owned by Josh Duhamel. Interesting artwork by some local artists, and it's a cool old building.

1  Thank qli_travel