“Upscale in Minot” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of 10 North Main

10 North Main
Ranked #7 of 129 Restaurants in Minot
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Minot, North Dakota
“Upscale in Minot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

I have dined here twice so far. Overall, a great ambience and good service. Trendy, upscale restaurant. They are extremely busy so make sure you always make a reservation well in advance. Both times I have dined here they have run out of menu items, which was a disappointment. Good wine selection. Ordered the chilean sea bass last visit and it was swimming in grease and butter which pretty much ruined the fish for me. Of course I will give this restaurant another chance because it is pretty much one of the only nice restaurants in Minot. I have a feeling they may have just had an "off" night. To sum it up, a good experience, but for the $$$$$$$$$$ they should try just a little bit harder. Would just love to come back and give them 5 stars!

• 3 of 5 bubbles

“Fun Fancy Find”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

What a fun place to find as we drove route 2 on a cross country road trip. We were looking for places to eat good, local food everywhere, which wasn't so easy. But buffalo steak from a North Dakota Ranch, and pheasant pasta were local and delicious. People were dressed up,obviously on dates and I felt a little bad for our camping attire, kids in tee shirts and all... we got some not totally happy looks from other diners- but the staff was very sweet and welcoming.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Best restaurant in Minot!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

Wow, this was a surprise. We arrived at 7pm without reservations and were told that there was no way we would be seated or get a seat at the bar by a server. A short while later the manager approached us and told us he could find something in about 45 minutes. However, they opened a small area called "Stage Left" for us and we ended up being seated almost immediately!

Stage Left is a small bar counter that seats 3 in a wall opening looking directly into the kitchen. We were warned that it could be warm, but we found it to be cooler than the desk at the front of the restaurant. We were able to watch the chefs prepare the food for all the customers. The meats are grilled over a wood fired oven, and the grill chef was top notch. It appears that nearly all of the food is prepared from scratch, down to the croutons for the salad.

We tried an appetizer and three entrees. First was a cheese plate with pepper Gouda, Boursin and cranberry Stilton cheeses, roasted garlic and homemade cranberry jam with a selection of crackers. All were yummy. For entrees, the elk sirloin tips were grilled and served with very thinly sliced Andouille sausage, grilled peppers and onions in a spicy hot pepper sauce. A 7 ounce elk loin was served with a grilled mushroom and onion port demi-glaze. The meat was juicy, tender and perfectly grilled. Finally, we tried the fresh basil pesto served with tiny cubes of smoked chicken and penne. The chicken was very flavorful, and the pine nuts in the pesto must have been toasted to the max, because they gave it a nice, nutty flavor.

The wine list was extensive for a small city, and the wine and food prices were very reasonable.

Highly recommend this place. It is truly the best restaurant in town, but make sure to get reservations in advance, because it seems that everyone knows it. Or ask for "Stage Left"

1 Thank MDTraveler57
Stanley, ND
“Delicious splurge.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2012

An online check of the menu to refresh my memory on the entree I had in late April did not seem to include the particular steak with a wine sauce I enjoyed, so I regret that I can't be more specific except to say it was outstanding! The salad and potatoes were also fantastic and a delight to the eye as well as to the palate. Nothing can compare, however, with the Creme Caramel and French press coffee I concluded my meal with. Indescribably delicious. Attentive service, nice atmosphere.

• Visited April 2012
Greenwich, Connecticut
“Excellent but bring lots of $”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2012

Dinner for two with 2 glasses of wine, one split appetizer and two steak entrees and 2 desserts $160 including tip. Food was exceptional. Waiter talked me into getting my bison NY strip done rare and he was right. Amazing cut of meat with a very strong but out of this world seasoning, the contents of which would not be disclosed to me so I could try to duplicate at home. Calamari was good cooked right but I have had better. Bread pudding was quite dry. Service was very good.

1 Thank Longreach06830

Been to 10 North Main? Share your experiences!