“Loved It!!”

Ranked #25 of 31 Hotels in Minot
Monticello, Minnesota
“Loved It!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2012

I have to say up front my love of old Holiday Inn hotels makes this review a bit biased. I found the staff to be indifferent but not unfriendly. The room overlooked the pool area. A classic Holidome setup. The bathroom was clean as was the room. The linens were a bit tattered but clean and the mirrored wall gave a retro 1976 feel! So overall loved the hotel. The restaurant in the lobby was ok too.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank ScottyTravels1972

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Billings, Montana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2012

I travel throughout five states for business purposes. Five days a week I am out of town and staying at different Hotels/Motels. During my stay at the Vegas Motel in Minot, ND I was impressed, as I had read some reviews that were not so good. (Not sure what they were reporting on as my experience was completely opposite). Besides, I like to give the benefit of the doubt and form my own opinion, though I value the reviews I read. Anyhow, I was greeted by the front desk clerk with a smile. She got me checked in, gave me my key and showed me on the map of the building exactly where to park to be closest to my room. A+ in my book…

I got to my room and it was clean, room and bathroom. The furniture in the room was nice… reminds me of trips to Vegas. A in my book.

Later that day I had the opportunity to meet the manager of the Motel. She was busy, but very professional and kind. Just to keep it simple... A+ in my book.

It is a well kept Motel, that could use a little TLC, but the pool is sparkling blue with some cool looking dice painted on the bottom. The restaurant had good food as well. Bar has friendly environment with a great staff as well. And you can play 21 if you'd like... I LIKE!

So, to complete my review, I would recommend this Motel for business or family.
NOTE: I did see a couple of families enjoying the pool at different times. Clean and IN DOORS!!!
A in my book.

Best travels!

Room Tip: I prefer the rooms located on the outter edges of the motel vs. the rooms connected to the atrium ar...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Troy P
Bismarck
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2012

My family and I have stayed at this hotel multiple times during the past couple of years, most recently being this past weekend. We, as always, had an enjoyable experience!!! I have yet to experience any of the negative things that others have written other than the air/heat issue which I have been told that the hotel has an older heat/air system and can either have heat or air conditioning. We usually stay in the area of the hotel that has 3 floors (with King sized beds) but noticed this past weekend that they have remodeled the first floor rooms that they call New York rooms. What a great improvement!!! We can't wait to stay again!!!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank LeAnn E
Regina, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2012

We stayed in ROOM 279, two days after returning home, I noticed 15+ bites, the next day, my friend had 6+. My friend phoned the hotel and told them about the bedbugs, and was told they'd call her back....they did not. My friend, however, phoned them back, was apologized to and told they checked out the room and didn't find anything. I think, they either didn't know what to look for, or they didn't even look.....Either way, I will never stay there again!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
6 Thank adamandevo

Travelers are raving about these Minot hotels

Bismarck, North Dakota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2012

The staff were not friendly at all!!! The bedding looked and felt like it hadn't been washed in weeks, the carpet was FILTHY, the floor in the bathroom was dirty, the walls were also dirty. The air was not working, or just wasn't turned on yet, and so the rooms were literally 90 degrees. EVERYTHING about the rooms looked, and felt NASTY!!! I would not recommend this hotel to anyone!!!! The only nice thing about our stay was the Wedding Reception that we were there for!! So I HIGHLY recommend anyone who is going to a wedding there to book a room at the Select Inn, which is literally only about a block away, or find another hotel and just take a taxi back to the hotel after the Wedding reception.

Room Tip: Somewhere other than this hotel!!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank Mary A
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2012

Absolutly rediculous! Discusting! bed bugs (tick like blood sucking 26 pathogen carring bugs! Black mold everywhere filthy matresses and even filthier sheets and bathroom smelled like urine & mold everywhere tiles falling off everywhere. This is a shaddy motel. I would not recamend this motel to ANYONE. Heres a link with some more information on the bed bugs. http://m.orkin.com/other/bed-bugs/

• Stayed April 2012
7 Thank fedup124
Minot, North Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2012

Stayed here a lot of nights, love it, been there when super busy and medioker busy, always a nice place to stay and enjoy the area.
For the ones that have had a different observation I can only say thats too bad but the ones that maybe have trouble may have it everywhere, so I can only suggest that maybe they stay at home or at their mom's. Some people should not be allowed to stay in a public facility like a motel as they are what usuall what makes a good facilty receive a false rap.
But for us we have liked it there and will always stay there, just try to find a more accomodating place and one that truly cares, you won't unless you stay at the Vegas.
Happy trails. Lc.

Room Tip: 2nd level in pool area. We always stay near the front for ease of access to the bar and restaurant.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends