“A Place to Sleep”

Ranked #25 of 31 Hotels in Minot
Saskatoon, Canada
“A Place to Sleep”
Reviewed January 1, 2012

The Vegas is usually available when the hotels in Minot are full (which sems like always). The rooms are average, some better than others. The hallways seem to have a cigarette type smell to them, as well as a few of the rooms. The hallways and the un-renovated rooms need updating badly. We stayed in a south-facing room once and it was bloody hot in there, and the AC was off for the year. We asked for a fan (where the cord had to be placed in a certain spot for it to work), but it did the trick. It is a decent place to spend the night, and has a decent price attached to it....I think $70/night. It is across the street from the airport which would be convenient. The pool area is gross though, I wouldn't go there again. The continental breakfast filled an empty tummy, but I have had better. All in all, it was okay.

Room Tip: Don't do south facing in the spring/fall as their AC only works at temps above 68 degrees. ASk f...
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank PrairieFamilyof3

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Minot, North Dakota
Reviewed December 5, 2011

Check in was ok. Room was scary. The bedsheet had a softball sized burn hole in it. The toilet ran for 10 seconds every 45 seconds. I couldn't take the cover off because there was a makeshift shelf built over it. 3 of the towels had brown marks on them. Yes Brown! Hotel is full of oil workers who party well into night and the hallways are used as their front porches. Very loud. I travel 80 nights a year for work and have stayed all over the country and this is in the top 3 worst hotels ever. Only hotel in town so I had to stay here. Too cold to sleep in rental car. Will not be coming to Minot ever again unless I can stay at a Holiday Inn Express or something like that.

Room Tip: Don's stay here unless it is life or death and bring your own bedding. And earphones.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
6 Thank Jerry H

Travelers are raving about these Minot hotels

Dickinson, North Dakota
Reviewed July 6, 2011

~This hotel has a reputation for bed bugs and filth...we also had money stolen that we left in the room and not even an apology was given much less anything done about it! Rooms need updating and the hotel also has prostitute activity and noise....best to just keep looking and stay away from this one!~

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
6 Thank xGypsyDollx
Minot, North Dakota
Reviewed June 2, 2011

Rates were too HIGH...I am a flood victim and they raised the prices during a time of NEED. They are TAking ADVANTAGE OF EVERYONE!!! The room was disgusting...BLOOD ON MY PILLOWS and there WAS POOP IN THE TOILET, they have BEDBUGS, and the TV DIDNT WORK!!! They came AND changed the pillowsBUT DIDNT TAKE CARE OF ANYTHING ELSE!!! It was the worse stay I had!!! I WILL NEVER AGAIN STAY there again or mention that hotel to anyone!!!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
4 Thank ptfv
Cadillac, Michigan
Reviewed May 17, 2011

We drove from MI with children and we were happy to finally get to our hotel, but when we got there we realized this was not the place for us. Our rooms we booked were not correct and the blonde at the front desk wanted us to move 3 times in a week to fix the problem! We only were planning on staying a week. She was very rude and acted like I was an incoinvence ! Every time I used my card key it wouldn't work. I had no heat in my room the shower wouldn't work the room was filthy! and the cord on the phone was spliced together. We ended up staying one night! I would not recommend this hotel to anyone! We ended up traveling an 1 1/2 to a different hotel. My advice is book early somewhere else. You would think if they got enough bad reviews someone would fix the problem . I used to work at a hotel If I did the kinda job the management did there I would have been canned!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank traveler575
Regina, Canada
Reviewed April 18, 2011

This hotel was quite expensive given it's nearby competitors, but form the outside it seemed like a pretty decent place to stay. Upon arriving to the room however, you'll notice that nothing is clean, and it's routine for guests (we asked around) to find food items under the bed. We were unfortunate enough to find food IN THE BED, showing that they failed to clean the sheets.

It then took the front desk about an hour to get us clean sheets which we had to put on the bed ourselves.

The continental breakfast was a box of stale (day old I'd wager, or bought from the coffee shop at closing the day before) donuts and some powdered juice.

And to top it off, they have bed bugs. Worst. Stay. Ever. I hope it burns down with the management inside.

Room Tip: It's dirty and contians bedbugs.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
7 Thank DarkkInferno
Garrison, North Dakota
Reviewed April 9, 2011

After reserving a room by phone plainly requesting a pet friendly room and trying to check in at 11, 12 and 3 p.m. the girl who took the phone reservation and was present at 11 and 12 check in attempt, failed to state that pets are not allowed, she left early so someone else had to tell us. No apologies were extended to my wife (Which was her Birthday) or myself for leaving us stranded in a city filled and without any other available accomodations within the city, we had to travel to Bismarck (115 miles) and find a room. We manage a Motel ourselves and would within a second terminate all after-noon staff for this type of ignorence and issue a free three night stay to anyone offended. Managment and staff needs trimming in this facility.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple