“Great food”

Schatz Econostop
Ranked #20 of 131 Restaurants in Minot
Cuisines: American
Reviewed January 31, 2014

The restaurant is nothing fancy. The food on the other hand was great and big portions! The service from the waitress' was prompt and friendly!

There are newer reviews for Schatz Econostop

Reviewed January 28, 2014

if you like homecooking this is about as good as it's going to get around here.i'm from the south so it's a little different than what i'm used to.don't expect southern hospitality from some of the staff though,not surly but they don't go out of their way to be happy.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

good place to eat in minot,i think the locals show up here alot cause the waitress knew people by name.food is good,hot,made fresh not nuked,and the prices are great.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Being my first time in Minot, I was hoping to find some really good homecooked food at Schatz's. I went during the lunch hour and found the restaurant to be extremely full, and then some. I had to wait about 5 minutes just to be seated. The lady staff member who seated me at the horseshoe-shaped counter was kind and friendly even though they were very busy. I decided to order the "big rig" burger, no cheese or onions, along with a side of fries. I had to wait apprx. 10-15 minutes for my order to be filled (acceptable because of their current situation). But I found that I had to scrape off 3 slices of cheese even though I asked for it to be left off. The waitress apologized for that and I really didn't find it to be a big problem anyway. The only slight problem was that I was seated next to 2 other gentlemen who were as hungry as I was. So it was slightly difficult to avoid rubbing elbows with them as we devoured our food. The burger was ok and the fries were equally fine. It isn't food that is "knock your socks off" good, but it wasn't bad either. I found it to be just average food that satisfies your hunger. Nothing special.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Twice on my last visit to Minot I found myself having dinner after everything else had closed. They were open, friendly, the food was good and the service was great. I am sure glad that they were there. Next time I will just go for lunch or dinner regardless of what is closed or open. I have added them to my list of dinner choices in Minot. Thanks for the great service.