“Not a typical Marriott property” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn Minot

Fairfield Inn Minot
Ranked #10 of 32 Hotels in Minot
Sherwood Park, Alberta
“Not a typical Marriott property”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

This is not what you would expect out of a Marriott property. It's much older than most Marriott's, and between all three of my co-workers, all staying in seperate rooms, we all had the same smell of old cigarette smoke. Will certainly find another place to stay next time I have to come to Minot.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank gator71
Nicole W, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Minot, responded to this review, July 27, 2014
Dear Gator71,

Thank you for your review. We are truly sorry for the smoke smell that you and your co-workers experienced while you were. We do hope that you will give our hotel another oppurtunity if you are in the Minot area. Thank you once again for your comments.

Nicole Warath

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Burnsville, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Access to this propery is only convenient from the eastbound side of the freeway. My GPS was indicating that I needed to make a U-turn having arrived from westbound US-2, and that ended up being correct. There was nothing exceptional about the property, but everything was clean enough and various items in the room functioned correctly. My limited interaction with staff proved friendly and efficient as well.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Westfield, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Check in was smooth, although they said I couldn't get a complimentary upgrade since I was staying on points. I thought that since I was Gold with Marriott it was automatic, if there were rooms available. I guess I was wrong, although different properties typically do give the upgrades even when using points.
The front desk was very efficient at check in and the king room was spotless. Great bed for a great nights sleep. Typical FI breakfast, hot and cold selections, more than sufficient.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Extremely friendly and helpful staff. Easy access to highways. The towels were soft and comforting. The hotel had promotions to include guest for a day in which the chosen guest was random and received free room service breakfast and 2,000 additional Marriott points. Unfortunately, I have not seen those Marriott points yet.

Room Tip: I believe all the rooms are similar due to the location of the hotel. The first floor has easy acce...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Nicole W, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Minot, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Dear Gina,

Thank you for your kind comments. Our staff strives to provide excellent service everyday.
We are also happy to hear that you enjoyed being our Guest of the Day. If you still have not received those additional Marriott points, please feel free to contact myself or my Assistant General Manager, Tiffany, so that we may look into it and get those points to you as soon as possible. Thank you again for choosing to stay at our hotel and we hope to see you again.

701-838-2424
Fairview, Montana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

The bed was very hard and there was cereal on the floor, the staff was more concerned where the cereal was than that it was there at all. They charged us a $20 incidental charge that they didn't tell us about. They said it will be returned in 3-5 days. For the price you can do much better.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kelly B
Nicole W, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Minot, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear Kelly B.
I am sorry to hear that your did not enjoy your stay. We did not meet our promise to you with a clean and fresh room. Our beds will be getting replaced in another year. For the $20 incidental charge, it is company policy that we run that amount for incidentals. I apologize that you were not informed of this at check-in. I have reviewed your comments with the entire staff. We appreciate the opportunity to improve anywhere we can.

Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

Dated motel but in the middle of remodeling all rooms. Didn't spend much time here but beds were OK. Quiet. No hair dryers. Would have liked the heating/AC unit to have the capability to run fan continuously. We had a remodeled room which was fine. Had fridge & microwave.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
Thank you for reviewing your stay with us. Our renovation is finished in all the rooms and we will be starting on the lobby in 3 weeks. We do have hair dryers in the rooms now. I am glad your stay was good and we look forward to seeing you in the future.
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here 7 nights for business trip. From the time I arrived until leaving everything was top notch. I dropped my pop at check in and they cleaned it right up. Super friendly from start to finish.
Comfortable room. Free key card to Snap Fitness which was a huge bonus for me. Only thing missing was hot tub.
The pool was not the best if you have little ones. (No really easy way to get in and out...no steps) But for me it was fine.
Hotel is being remodeled and my room was updated perfectly.
The staff was friendly and very helpful!
I felt like I was at home except better. Loved coming back from work at night and having clean room and bed made. The entire staff was amazing.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Nicole W, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Minot, responded to this review, May 10, 2014
Dear AmyKaren,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am glad to here that we were able to be your home away from home. The staff really enjoy their job and I love that you enjoyed them. I like that you were able to make some time and try our fitness center out. I do apologize about not having a hot tub no longer; however we do keep our pool at 90 degrees to make up for it.
The staff and I look forward to seeing you in the future.