“Great food, cosy chalet & welcoming hosts!”
other travelers have booked this property
Glorious Dining Area
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Glorious Dining Area
Mezzanine Area - Tv & Games console great for kids
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 83 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
LauraM160...
“Great food, cosy chalet & welcoming hosts!”
Reviewed February 6, 2017 for a stay in January 2017

We chose Chalet Orshanti for its professional chef and all its gadgets - and we were not disappointed on either front! Nick is a great chef, cooking high standard meals every night - really a cut above your average skiing food. The chalet also had a large hot tub, sauna and cinema room to relax in after a hard day on the slopes, as well as the added bonus of ski boot warmers to make those hard boots toasty the next morning.

The rooms were all a good size and were kept nice and clean. Fran & Jason did everything they could to make our stay really comfortable and ensure we had everything we needed, and were also really friendly and fun.

The perfect choice for anyone looking for good food, and a relaxing cosy time! Highly recommend!

Charlotte...
“Wonderful week in an amazing luxurious chalet”
Reviewed February 6, 2017 for a stay in January 2017

We had such a wonderful week's skiing in La Plagne, and the highlight was definitely this brilliant chalet! It was warm, cosy and comfortable, with luxury touches such as the hot tub (perfect for soaking away post-skiing muscle aches) and the cinema room, which meant we could relax and enjoy ourselves in the chalet every evening. The chalet staff - Fran, Nick and Jason - made the stay extra special, and we were amazed by the restaurant-quality food that Nick served up every evening (we felt totally spoilt having a professional chef cook for us every night!) as well as the delicious afternoon tea made by Fran each day. I would definitely recommend this chalet and judging by the comments of several friends on the holiday who have done their own ski seasons, it was definitely a cut above the rest. Hopefully we can visit again! Thanks so much for a great stay.

Rishi P
“Amazing week, wonderful staff, excellent food- the perfect week”
Reviewed February 3, 2017 for a stay in February 2017

What a fantastic experience we had staying in Orshanti, which is tremendous value and a lovely home away from home.

The food was top restaurant quality- Nick is a phenomenal chef. Fran & Jason were attentive to our every need, kind, fun and excellent hosts.

A phenomenal chalet experience! Amazing hot tub and cinema room perfect for chilling after a great day of skiing.

Thank you team Alpoholics.

Date of stay: February 2017
Lisa H
“Chalet Orshanti .... awesome time! ”
Reviewed February 2, 2017 for a stay in January 2017
person found this review helpful

Stayed at chalet Orshanti which is the second time I have stayed & had the most brilliant time as per my first stay last year.

The staff are excellent & so accommodating & helpful in every way. There is a lovely family atmosphere in the chalet which adds to the holiday to make it fun & relaxing. The hot tub is a fantastic addition & is well maintained.

The only down side which is not a reflection on the chalet was that there were guests who caused some problems throughout the stay which was a little annoying however the staff managed this brilliantly & ensured this did not effect my stay there.

The food was fab & there was also plenty of boards, skis & other kit to try out. All you have to do it ask & the staff will sort it for you.

Will definitely be going back again!!

Management Response
Feb 3, 2017
Thanks you for your awesome review! We are so sorry you had to put up with the few badly behaved other guests. I assure you this was a one off and that normally all of our guests are as charming and lovely as you you and your husband :-). See you next winter!
Alexstrip...
“Orshanti”
Reviewed February 1, 2017 for a stay in January 2017
person found this review helpful

Not what was expected mostly bad apart from the staff were nice also our room had nowhere to store clothes if you like the smell of bad drains stay here

Management Response
Feb 3, 2017
I'm really not sure what has motivated this review given what my staff (and other guests) had to put up with during your stay. Anyone with any sense will see the other 57 reviews which are all 5* and realise that the problem was not, in fact, with us. Maybe you felt it was unfair that you were made to pay for 1 out of the 4 sets of ski/snowboard equipment that you damaged (which you took home with you and also claimed back on your insurance as far as I'm aware)? Regarding the "smell of bad drains" I wish you had mentioned this to any of the staff at any point as I can assure you it does not smell of drains now and has never smelt of drains in the past so we have no idea where this complaint has come from. And as far as storage is concerned there is a huge under stairs cupboard in the room you were staying in with ample space for 3 people's clothes for a week. You must not have spotted it. Again if you had mentioned this to any of the staff they would have pointed it out to you immediately but instead you chose to not mention it and put it in your review. It is a shame that you felt the need to pursue a personal vendetta against my small company when myself and my staff worked tirelessly all week to fix the snowboards you damaged on a daily basis and appease the other guests who complained about you. I have been doing this for 7 years and I have never experienced anything like this. We pride ourselves on only attracting people who are going to respect our chalets, our staff and our excellent equipment.
monaghanl...
London, United Kingdom
“Awesome week”
Reviewed January 30, 2017 for a stay in January 2017
person found this review helpful

I spent one week in Chalet Orshanti recently and loved it.

Started with a simple transfer from Geneva for Alpoholics guests only. Quick, friendly welcome chat on arrival and dinner soon afterwards. Three course meal every night was very high standard and wine included. Afternoon cakes were also top quality!

Just a 3-4 minute walk down a picturesque lane to the piste every morning so very close. The same distance to a few nice bars and 2 minutes to the free bus if you want to visit the other villages of La Plagne.

I am an experienced snowboarder and took the opportunity to rent a Bataleon snowboard with Switchback bindings from Alpoholics as a change to my own stuff. Very high end equipment which I enjoyed.

I will definitely re-visit Orshanti in the future.

U8258ANst...
“First chalet holiday - great time”
Reviewed January 15, 2017 for a stay in December 2016

I stayed with Alpoholics for 2 weeks and Orshanti was my home for the first week.

This was my first time for a chalet holiday and whilst I have friends in the resort I travelled in my own.

Communication from the team was great before my arrival so I knew exactly what was going on. I flew into Geneva and although the flight was slightly delayed the transfer waited for me. Land, collect board, on the transfer, go! No faffing about, just the way I like it.

An uneventful transfer and I was dropped off for a very short walk to the chalet. There were already guests in the chalet and it was straight down to getting to know everyone. The Alpoholics team were great and encouraged guests to feel at home. The facilities and toys in the chalet were great, hot tub, saunas, cinema room to name a few.

Food was of a very high standard, Luke and Nick are extremely talented (although dessert of the stay for me came from Jenny in Yogi).

There was a real mix of guests in the chalet and it was great to get to meet so many different people with a common interest of winter sports.

My room was spacious with a huge wardrobe to pack kit away, boot warmers downstairs and a short walk down the hill to the nearest lift.

There are some good bars in 1800 to keep occupied in the evening and only a short bus ride up to Plagne Centre.

Thanks Alpoholics for a great trip

Date of stay: December 2016
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing