“Excellent chalet, perfect for a snow holiday”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Glorious Dining Area
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
sarushka...
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent chalet, perfect for a snow holiday”
Reviewed March 24, 2015 for a stay in March 2015

Our group had a great time with the Alpoholics team, the chalet was very comfortable and had everything we needed. Harry the chef cooked excellent meals, Emily looked after us all (and was patient with us after we had had a few glasses of chalet wine), and Charlie was really helpful with all our queries. The location is quiet, but close enough to the pistes to almost class it as a ski in/ski out (it's a 5min walk along the road to the piste). It was great to be able to demo the bataleon boards and the switchback bindings, made the week quite a lot more varied. Go and stay with these guys!

Traveling group: Friends
Friends getaway Large groups
Diana K
Surrey, United Kingdom
“Exceeded my Expectations”
Reviewed February 5, 2015 for a stay in January 2015

My first experience of a snow holiday! I was the only non skier of our group of family and friends. Very easy access to Plagne Centre and Bellecote by free bus! I found a walk up to the Centre which burnt off some of the many calories I consumed thanks to Nathan's amazing food and Emily's wonderful cakes! The skiers were out all day and headed straight for cakes/ bread and jam before unwinding in the hot tub on their return. Lots of snow while we were there. Charlie, Jamie, Emily and Nathan couldn't have been more welcoming and accommodating. The chalet was very homely - great that there is a table tennis table, sauna, dvds, games etc. I would not hesitate to recommend Chalet Orshanti to all my friends and family. One word of warning re Geneva Airport - it's very chaotic on a Saturday! I will never go there again without speedy boarding on Easyjet, BA check in desks seems fine! Easyjet queue was the longest I have ever seen - and really badly managed!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Nathan's meals and Emily's Cakes!
Liked least: Geneva Airport
Traveling group: Large Group
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway Large groups
Alexis D
“So good - stayed another week!”
Reviewed January 25, 2015 for a stay in January 2015

Before the 10th of January I had never skied in my life! I had also never stayed in a mountain top chalet! The combination of great company, warm and friendly accommodation, and beautiful slopes, makes for a unforgettable experience. I'm not going to even start on the scenic views and slopes, because I will be here all day! So let me tell you about my hosts....

What I will say is that I loved it SO much, I am sitting here writing this from another one of Alpoholics chalets on my second week! I Let me tell you just some of the reasons I am loving it here.....Huge - well kept chalet, hot tub, sauna, table tennis, AMAZING restaurant style catered food EVERY NIGHT, and last but certainly not least - chalet hosts who were not only capable of looking after us, but also being, fun, bubbly and now they feel like close friends! Thank you to everyone who made this holiday possible......can't believe I still have 5 days left!!!!!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The food and hosts
Liked least: the bed sheets
Traveling group: Friends
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
918KateA
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Fabulous food, great personal service, loved it.”
Reviewed January 12, 2015 for a stay in December 2014

We stayed over christmas and had a lovely time - yes, it snowed on Christmas day. The absolute best thing about staying here is the staff. Charlie - managing a very tight ship, ensuring all runs smoothly and everyone stays happy. Nathan - taking deserved pride in the production of fabulous food every night (and the morning - with great hot options daily including THE BEST smoked salmon and scrambled eggs I have ever had). Emily - very welcoming, attending to your every need and efficiently keeping everything going. As well as baking the perfect cakes to replenish your calories expended on the mountains….
The chalet was warm and clean with comfortable beds and a very friendly/cosy dining area where you can watch the chef and host beavering away. Lovely views across the valley to mountains- enjoyed from the balcony and the hot tub! We will return.
Accessing the slopes was an easy short walk/ski both in and out (best once more snow came).

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: the excellent food
Liked least: low water pressure in the shower
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Nick G
North Shields, United Kingdom
“Brilliant holiday”
Reviewed January 11, 2015 for a stay in January 2015

Smooth airport transfer to start off a great holiday. The chalet was warm, roomy and comfortable and the hot tub and sauna proved invaluable. We were well looked after by Nathan, Emily and Charlie to ensure the week went well. Great food and all the help and advice we needed and a mixed group of people quickly became friends.
I can certainly recommend Alpoholics and I'm pretty sure we'll be back.

How easy was it to book the property? Overall condition of the property
Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The food
Liked least: Could do with a bit more storage in the bedroom.
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
REBECCAR1...
HELSTON
“Fantastic Chalet and Hosts”
Reviewed January 3, 2015 for a stay in December 2014

We have just had a fantastic stay in Chalet Orshanti and cannot recommend it highly enough.

CHALET: The Chalet is spread over several floors with 9 bedrooms in total. It has fantastic views and is close to amenities and the slopes. There is a bus you can catch if you don't fancy the walk to the slopes. The bedrooms each have 2 beds in (2 singles that can be pushed together to make a double), a hairdryer and a shower and wash basin. There are several toilets spread throughout the chalet. The chalet has everything needed and much more: an amazing Hot tub, excellent wifi throughout the chalet, a ski boot warmer, A sauna, Table Tennis Table, DVDs, Board Games and a Playstation.

CHALET HOSTS: The chef Nathan cooked brilliant restaurant quality food each night (including a pasta dish, curry, pork steak, duck breast, salmon and a FULL Christmas dinner). He even made every effort to accommodate various special dietary requirements. The breakfast included cereal, bread and yogurt as well as a hot option (including British sausages and bacon) every day. Emily was also very helpful and baked lovely cakes everyday.

The Chalet managers Doug and Charlie were very present and often popped in to see if any of the guests needed anything.

Overall a fantastic trip and will hopefully return one day!

Liked best: Hot Tub!
Liked least: Pillows!
Traveling group: Extended Family
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
skibums77
Luxembourg
“A true luxury chalet experience... did I mention the hot tub?!”
Reviewed January 3, 2015 for a stay in December 2014

Over Christmas of 2014 my partner and I, with my side of the family spent a week at Chalet Orshanti in La Plagne, France. Having not done the mountain chalet thing for some time we were slightly apprehensive, but it really couldn't have gone any better...!

With it being a moderately sized company, the availability and general approach of the staff was top notch. Both Charlie and Doug were brilliant and they really have forged a good team. They all helped us with anything that they could to ease the various 'stresses' of holidaying and were able to provide us with good mountain and skiing advice whenever we asked.

A special mention is needed for Nathan (chef) and Emily (host). They were brilliant and delivered food of the highest quality day after day. The morning breakfast is plentiful with both a hot and cold option available. Then there are bread and cakes left out for when you return from your days activity, before an amazing (both in terms of size and quality) evening meal at 19:30. With my family having various eating requirements, we were amazed night after night by how they would ensure that each persons needs were met. As an extra bonus, wine and beer were included within the evening meal.

The chalet itself provides all that is needed and more. The rooms are clean, well equipped and suitably sized. However it is the social areas of the chalet were we inevitably spent most of our time. The kitchen/lounge is lovely and there is a 'snug' mezzanine above it were we did lose dad at one point. Then on the balcony overlooking the valley and opposing mountains is the hot tub. This is clean, spacious and amazing to relax in after a day on the slopes... Or if you are more into steam you can go in the sauna... you can even play a game of table tennis...!

There is really little more we could have asked for, other than some more snow...!

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Most definitely the hot tub (including the view!)
Liked least: The dump of snow on our departure day...
Traveling group: Extended Family
Your age range 25-34
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing