Romance Splendid and SPA Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
IHS Hotel(Saints Constantine and Helena)
  • Pool
Estreya Residence Hotel(Saints Constantine and Helena)
  • Pool
Estreya Palace(Saints Constantine and Helena)
  • Pool
Lebed Hotel(Saints Constantine and Helena)
Very Good 4/5
  • Pool
Tschaika Hotel(Saints Constantine and Helena)
Average 3/5
    Hotel Pension Viliren(Saints Constantine and Helena)
    Excellent 5/5
      Rossitsa Hotel(Saints Constantine and Helena)
      • Restaurant
      Chaika Hotel St. Konstantin(Saints Constantine and Helena)
      • Beachfront
      Sirius Beach(Saints Constantine and Helena)
      Average 3/5
      Gloria Hotel(Saints Constantine and Helena)
      • Breakfast included
      All reviewsclean sparecommend this hotelindoor poolsaunaseafacilitiesenglishdiversityinternetsupermarket
      FilterAll languages
      Reviewed July 27, 2012

We stayed here in July 2012, and it was not what we expected at all. We had booked a deluxe room with queen size bed plus an additional person with an extra bed. When we arrived the room had two singles and a small camp bed. When we questioned this with reception they were extremely unhelpful and said any issues we should contact Expedia directly as we had booked with them. We had a print out showing what we had booked but apart from the complete lack of interest and stand off attitude, they did say that Expedia had booked a standard double. So what can you do when you are stuck in between them?! We had a very cramped week and truly felt for the amount we had payed (the additional bed whilst for a child was charged at adult rates and still just a camp bed) that we should have had better as we had thought we booked. We had a lovely holiday I just wished we had not gone to this hotel. We could have paid far less and got far better.

The hotel in itself was clean and the pool area is nice which is why I have given it an overall rating of 2. The cleaner was the most friendly and hard working member of staff that we saw. The hotel is also well located for the beach and other activities in the area. The spa facility is not free to hotel guests.

TOP TIP - do not book half board, we booked half board and that was a mistake of mine - the food was not good in the hotel, and food is close by and extremely inexpensive outside the hotel. So although we had half board we ate at the local places.

I have never written a negative review before but thought on this occasion I should. I would definitely go back to Bulgaria just not this hotel. The manager is particularly unhelpful. Oh and one more thing the hotel literature said you got tea/coffee making facilities in each room, but this is not the case. When we asked at the desk they just said that must be a mistake and yet it’s even in the literature in the room!!! I had to laugh in the end they were so useless. To be honest not sure if it is Expedia’s fault or the hotel. Either way I won’t be booking with either again

Room Tip: book another hotel
      • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
      4  Thank Conkie321
      Reviewed July 11, 2012

I stayed here in November during a business trip. Very quiet, nice staff, excellent indoors pool, excellent price.

Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
      Reviewed July 9, 2012

We had a deluxe room for two at the top floor, and it was very spacious and clean, with a big balcony and wonderful view. Unfortunately, as in most Bulgarian hotels, the carpet was peppered by burns and spots. Also the railing for the curtains in the room and the bathroom was rusty in places. The rooms do not have safety boxes, one has to rent a box at the reception area. But none of this could offset the excellent appearance of the room, of the hotel lobby, and of the hotel pool area. The pool was very nice --- shape, size, water, and service alike, much better to use in a hot day than to go to the beach (5-10 minutes walking). The beach is crowded, the sea water is dirty, and almost always stormy. Among the receptionists some were very nice and helpful, some not so. Our stay was pleasant overall. The hotel restaurant is nice, and the breakfast menu is reasonably large and good. The only negative experience was the transportation from the hotel to the airport: they offered "their own" transportation, paid to the hotel, but it turned out they simply called a taxi cab for us, and it was very small, smelly, and hot.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
      1  Thank travelreluctant
      Reviewed June 13, 2012

A large party of us stayed here for a wedding recently. My wife and I spent 5 nights here and found the rooms clean & spacious - and the maid who did our rooms each day was lovely (even made towel-sculptures for others in our party!).
      Breakfast was included & pretty good (although the staff were perhaps too efficient at clearing it all away at 10am!).

Pool outside was great, if a little chilly, and the spa downstairs did a good massage & facial so I'm told.
      The location of the hotel was excellent - only a short walk to the beach.

Overall was a good stay, and the staff were really helpful.

Room Tip: Make sure you book a pool-view room
      • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
      Reviewed April 17, 2012

My family ,my friends and I stayed at Hotel Romance for 3 days to celebrate Eastеr.We were pleasantly surprised from the good facilities in the hotel.The swimming pool is with mineral water,the spa center is wonderful with a very good staff working there. The rooms are enough spacious ,very clean and quite.The furniture is selected with great taste.We had food for 3 times a day and it was prepared very delicious. I would like to visit this hotel again and will recommended to my friends.And the North coast of Black sea is very beautiful.You should see it!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family