“My vacantion to Azalia”

Azalia Hotel Balneo & SPA
Reviewed August 7, 2013

The room was clean but the bathroom was leking.The best was the Food and the Beach.The peaple how work in the hotel,they er kind and helpful but they must improve the English Language.The internet conection was a problem ,not working all the time.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com
2  Thank Catalina P

Reviewed July 15, 2013

It was the third time (and the 7th consecutive year) when I have spend my summer holiday with my wife and 7years old son.
From the beginning we had problems with the car parking.We had to wait for 3 hours in the sun to find a free parking,we were threatened by 2 guys from Varna with knife 'cause we are "stealing the free parking places",from the guys who are dealing with the parking zone I was adviced to take the car at the PAYED parking are even if the agency I bought the tickets from did'n know about it.In the evening we used to have some entertainment but some of them were low quality even for kids(I remember the man who stepped on broken glass,who were playing with false fire and a guy from audience came to prove that is a fake...) but the worse was at the bar - in the past we had a lot of cocktails...now were only 5for free and poor qualily - and specially at the restaurant.In 11 days we didn't have the diversity I was accustomed in the previous years.
Because my wife and son have gluten free problems,we have asked for this kind of bread every meal for 2 pieces but the people I have talk to did not understand our needs and the we have bread only for 3 meals.In other day one of the guys that are cleaning the tables told me that is a "missplaced bread" and after almost half an hour came with the bread when we almost finish the meal.
I had a russian man as my neighbor who had drunk all the time and make a lot of noise,for 2 night it was impossible for me to sleep,I advertised at reception and only after 3 days the crazy man stopped partialy.
So I found that the services are not so good like they were...I understood that the owner is not german anymore and not is bulgarian...so I can understand the differences.
I appreciate all the members of the restaurant employees,I even congratulate the manager and a chef,but that is all I can say that is kept like a good business.
It is the last time when we were spent our holiday at Azalia Hotel and maybe in Bulgaria.

Mihai Teodorescu(Bucharest,RO)

Room Tip: use the rooms not close to the restaurant!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Mihai Eduard T
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We went there to celebrate New Year's Eve together with a group of friends and it was our biggest disappointment ever.
We found a very unprofessional staff and management team.
The employees were rude and without the slightest desire to help the guests. Everyone behaves as guests came for free there.
My husband had an accident in New Year's Eve,from the hotel's fault, due to fireworks organized by them. Nobody from the hotel management did not come to see what happened.
Moreover, we have paid even the talk with people from hotel's insurance.They call us only to mocking us .
If you don't have a strong travel insurance policy, do not go to Azalia.
-No parking,- some places only,
-Food- poor and repetitive,
-Indoor pool-too small for large groups who go there in winter,
-SPA -in hotel's name only
For us - NEVER AGAIN AZALIA HOTEL!!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank danystroe
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Usually we prefer Golden Sands, which is a much bigger resort than Sts Constantine & Helene, but if you prefer quieter areas, then this one is a great choice. There's no Aquapark here, as in Golden Sands, and there are no many streets to walk by in the evenings, with lights, restaurants, etc. It's different. yes, you can walk here too, but by far it's not so much fun. Now, the great thing, which you can't find in Golden Sands, is that the hotel is located right on the beach, i.e. from the basement you open the door and you are right on the beach, which is of course hotel's private beach, well maintained etc. And there's even a sliding tube for the kids in the pool, free of course. So, from this point of view - no hassle, no need to closely watch the kids, because everything is right here. Drinks, cookies, fruits and ice cream is also here, all free. Those with cars - note that the hotel does NOT have a parking place. You have to leave the car outside, on the street's side, but the problem is that there are many such cars there already, so finding a spare spot will require some waiting and hunting game.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
13  Thank octavs
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Have been there twice for 10 days off season (in May for visiting the Welness center of Dr Emilova).
The hotel is located right on the beach. View is incredible from everywre here.
There is spring water hot inside pool which we enjoyed most.
We didnt like the spa center. The sauna was not constantly switched on and we were asked to "book" it in advance which is not convenient.
The lobby and the rooms in the hotel have been recently renovated.
Overall - good experience and if I have to revisit the resourt I would be staying there again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
10  Thank danimarina
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Recently we have a short vacantion in Bulgaria(3 days).We had a nice room with balcony,large and clean,big LCD and confortable bed.Perfect private beach,clean and lots of umbrellas.Food was good and for evry teste.Very nice programs for kids.Lage indoor and outdoor pools.We will retourn.

Room Tip: nice rooms on 3-4 floor
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank viky46
Reviewed April 12, 2012

This year we booked for a 7 nights stay at this hotel in June, made prepayment, and soon we were announced that even if we are 3 months in advance, we need to pay the full amount. A bit worried of this odd request, we made the payment. Even so, a couple of days after we were simply announced that our reservation is canceled and they would just give us the money back. The hotel blamed a bulgarian tour-operator, partner of theirs, and sent us out to talk to them. The operator and the hotel played the same cold statement, your reservation is canceled because you were 1 day (!) late with full payment, that's it. (please remember that all this happened 3 months before our actual stay in the hotel!!! ) Zero interest or skills for talking to guests, total defiance and bitter tone from both hotel and operator.
Well, could have been worse, to arrive at the hotel in June and find out there on the spot that we are canceled, just like that, for some other invented reason... :) At least we were lucky enough to get our money back :)
The hotel is good, but for us their reservation department is unreliable, we would never be sure on them anymore.

Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
#27 of 33 in Saints Constantine and Helena
Panorama Hotel
Panorama Hotel
#9 of 53 in Varna

Been to Azalia Hotel Balneo & SPA? Share your experiences!