Melia Grand Hermitage(Golden Sands)
$268
$177
  • Breakfast included
Grifid Hotel Vistamar(Golden Sands)
$202
$193
  • Breakfast included
Orchidea Boutique Spa(Golden Sands)
$90
Hotel Admiral(Golden Sands)
$158
$131
  • Pool
Apart Hotel Golden Line(Golden Sands)(Great Value!)
$77
$63
Grifid Hotel Arabella(Golden Sands)
$202
$208
$147
Bendita Mare(Golden Sands)(Great Value!)
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
All reviewsprivate beachanimation teaminternational drinkscheapest pricesea viewspa centermodern hotelfamily roombeach barwine and beerroom cleaningroom was spaciousice creamall inclusive hotelbed sheetslunch and dinnerthe cleaning lady
Reviewed July 23, 2010

I have just returned from an 8 day-vacation to Astera in Golden Sands with my family, including my 3-year-old girl.
All in all, I congratulate myself for the choice I made for this holiday, it was all I had hoped for. I come from Bucharest Romania and I wanted to try Bulgaria this year and I can say I would definetly choose Astera Hotel again any time.
I was happy abould almost everything that matters: clealiness, hospitality of the staff, good food, very good services, position of the hotel, everything.
Besides, I was surprised to find out at our arrival that Astera has its own private beach, which very few other hotels have (I haven't notice anyother private beach, but I may be mistaken), where sunbeds and umbrellas are free, plus for all inclusive guests we had drinks and food at the bar on the beach, which other hotels don't have. The beach looks very clean, the sand is clean and smooth, the water is also very clean.
Besides, the hotel has a beautiful outside pool as well as a HEATED inside pool, which was great for families with small children, water temperature 31 degrees celsius.
The hotel in close to the beach, close to the shops, close to the center.
have I mentioned PARKING IS FREE and guarded?
We would recommend Astera to families, with or without children, it is a very good choice.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank mirelatoader
Reviewed September 15, 2009

The only bad thing eas the food that wasn't so great but wasn't so bad

on and on...amazing location, great view, amazing rooms and great price!
I recommend it :)

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank Michalh7
Reviewed August 15, 2008

It was a last minute solution for us but it was exactly what we wanted. Very close to the beach (50m) and in the heart of the resort, beautiful sea view even from our room located on the other side of the hotel, clean nice furnished room, elegant bath, prompt staff, everything for a joyful vacation. Free parking was a pleasant surprise and also the bottle of Champagne we got from the reception since it was our first visit.
I also tried the outdoor pool for a lazy afternoon; warm water, not very crowded.

I would say is not quite a 4star hotel, but we were pleased and would go there again. Good choice for active and outgoing people looking to use their vacation time at their best for sun and fun. If you are the resort-vacation type, looking for a quiet, remote and deserted location, keep searching.

Some minor issues: the only 2 elevators will make you wait a lot, vegetables and fruits are not very tasty, food actually is very diversified but no different in taste whatsoever.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
3  Thank thenewman
Reviewed May 6, 2008

Great services, very clean, well organised, smiles all around.
But if in off season it was full of kids playing around, what do you think the summer will be like? :)

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank NicoletaG
Reviewed November 2, 2007

Me and my girlfriend spend a lovely week, at the beginning of September, on the Black Sea in Golden Sands. Astera Hotel is an outstanding accommodation near the downtown of the resort, on the beach (20m) and it has a beautiful view of the bay; when is clear sky you’ll see Cape Kaliakra, Balchik and Albena. The hotel, rooms, lobby, bar and restaurants are very stylish. The hotel is very clean, always is someone who polish the lobby marble. We had a very large and cozy room, nice furnished, very clean and with an impressive panorama. The services were also very good; the personnel were always nice and helpful. The food was excellent; we had a substantial buffet breakfast and dinner everyday; the food was diversified and very tasty. The hotel has a spa center with fitness, massage and inside and outside pool. The hotel has the best club in town with 4 rooms with different kind of music. They have also a guarded parking. Actually, everything was very good and I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with friends