All reviewsprivate beachanimation teaminternational drinkscheapest pricesea viewspa centermodern hotelfamily roombeach barwine and beerroom cleaningroom was spaciousice creamall inclusive hotelbed sheetslunch and dinnerthe cleaning lady
Reviewed September 2, 2011

Astera is the best hotel in the golden sands , foods are very delicious , rooms are so clean and the important things about this hotel is all the rooms have see view , and it is so close to the beach and it has private beach with exclusive buffet , and best club and disco "Arrogance" is under this hotel ,and the hotel staff are very polite and friendly , the only problem in this hotel is the elevator you have to stay about 5 minutes to go downstairs or upstairs

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Mahyar_rj
Reviewed September 1, 2011

I really enjoyed this hotel ...we spent there 2 weeks in August 2007
The location was great, food even better (we were having breakfast and dinner there) rooms were clean and comfortable. next to the beach, sea . Most of the hotels in Golden Sands Bulgaria have a very small pool, because of lack of territory, but hotel Astera has a large pool on the second floor of the building with a bar and a cafe. also there is a casino.
Really enjoyed my time there. I wanted to spend there my summer vacation this year but unfortunately they've raised the prices i guess, so that's the only minus for me :P In general i had there a good-quality time.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Lilit M
Reviewed September 1, 2011

We went for the weekend to Astera, revisited after 5 years, the hotel was very good, all inclusive concept for Bulgaria is not the best, but is a good start! Pools great, food OK, sunbeds free on the beach, the view from the room great, overall a good place to spend a short vacation! I would not choose however for my only vacation of the year! Black Sea is OK but you can find better!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank ella_manta
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We have enjoyed our stay at this hotel. we stayed here in July 2011 with our 2 year old son. in the first day the lady that cleans the room changed the towels and took one of ours too. also in the first day we have found on the room floor, right after the lady had presumably cleaned the room, pieces of broken glass. I had found this unacceptable for a 4 star hotel especially because of my son that used to walk around with bear foot.
we stayed at the first floor, which was very convenient because the outdoor pool was on the same floor and we didn't had to use the elevator which was very crowdie all the time (they have only 2 elevators, insufficient for the no of rooms the hotel has). but the downsize of this was the fact that you could hear the noise from the street and you could not see the sea.
the food was good, but if you arrive late you may not find all the courses.
the hotel is located very close to the beach and they have a private beach with free chairs, animation team for kids and beverages and snacks all day.
the indoor pool is very good, with 3 different spaces with different depths, very good for kids and for rainy days.
overall we have enjoyed the vacation and we would recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 13, 2011

I've been last month at hotel Astera. The four stars are for real. People were nice, hotel, inside & outside pool were clean, ultra all inclusive is worthing! Food was very good, various and tasty! For sure we'll be back again!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family