All reviewsprivate beachanimation teaminternational drinkscheapest pricesea viewspa centermodern hotelfamily roombeach barwine and beerroom cleaningroom was spaciousice creamall inclusive hotelbed sheetslunch and dinnerthe cleaning lady
Reviewed June 13, 2011

I've been last month at hotel Astera. The four stars are for real. People were nice, hotel, inside & outside pool were clean, ultra all inclusive is worthing! Food was very good, various and tasty! For sure we'll be back again!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank lazaridis
Reviewed April 26, 2011

I purchased a holiday at Hotel Astera Golden Sands resort, in Bulgaria, to spend the Easter holidays (2011). But I was very unhappy that I ruined a vacation and I missed a holiday, so we want to warn tourists and others who would choose this hotel.
I will elaborate point problems encountered:
- Astera is not a four star hotel (even local), as is claimed: big room, but carpet moth to warp from place to place, largely dull, spotted all over;
- Pile the sheets on the beds, frayed, worn disallowed;
- Chrome fittings in the bathroom were "tired", cocle;
- outdoor pool was totally "compromised" in the sense that all projectors have burned and was jumping all over the mosaic, working people to replace him, but it was just a patchwork, not a serious work, as was the case (my husband is a specialist in SPA products, so I know what I mean);
- The lobby bar has only three stars, not four (I photographed pleasant existence in bar), however, was very small, with only four bar stools, and quite a few sofas and chairs crowded, totally inadequate for the number of guests of the hotel (almost 500-600 persons);
- same problem at restaurant: seats absolutely insufficient for the number of guests of the hotel, only seven trays of food for everyone, creating huge lines and discomfort were not enough seats, grab them who managed (however, its humiliating with others to fight for a table, you fight who occupied it first, etc..), then lost more time in line to get food, so take a long table, in addition, no one came to fast food to eat on a table corner and go in 10 minutes (you never could, he sat for half an hour, at least in line to take the food).
Why say that the management was very bad (and guilty for what happened at Easter Astera): when you have two restaurants and three bars, but open only one of each and the hotel is full, you can expect to have problems; not summer peak season, the man to stand or walk over the beach, of course much of his time sitting inside all our guests, that the bar (lobby were the only open) and the approximately 50 people were always permanently occupied and others and they also wished to sit at a table where you had, so I went all frustrated;
- the so-called attractions for leisure, there is one pool table, which was also the battle, the arrows were not darts, ping-pong table there, I own a television in public space (in a corner of lobby bar, where you did not have access to viewing)
- Kids Club where they should take place as attractive activities for children, was deserted, ironically! I immediately enlighten why: all the activities presented as part of the program were enterteinnement fee (for example, "eggs painting," costing five leva / egg painting), but the activities were presented as included in the UAI.
- there were other activities presented as part of the special Easter program, but not lasting an hour each, as they were presented, but 10 to 15 minutes, did not have time to dezmeticesti, to see what this is about as and is finished;
- Easter evening (around 21.30) at the lobby bar had no beer! bar closes at 24.00, to be understood! however, the glasses were not always there, had to wait for others to empty them, you get them on the tables, dirty bar to get them to wash them clean and give you (and full, possibly!) serving was the least poor, both bartender (tired) slam your drink grumpy face, as if you had bothered, the rid ... rarely all meals (and they also did this);
- But Easter festive lunch was the most disastrous. At 12.30, when he opened the restaurant (in front of which is formed still a long long tail with a half-hour before) this filled immediately, they got lucky one seat at the table were placed huge queue formed for the seven trays of food (which, of course, be emptied immediately and take between 10 and 20 minutes to replace them), "first series" on Easter lunch at the table stood at around 14.00, while us and 150 other people who had not had the luck to catch one of the first table we all danced in the restaurant, hoping for a blind chance, is frustrating and humiliating and chasing a meal for more than an hour, but to be at the table and feel the eyes of the neck which he wanted to be in your place there, all with children's hand, with older people who grew weary to spin through all the fine dining ... "grab" a table, we go in line to food, but ... there was food! you had in the seven trays of pasta eaten: fried, sautéed carrots, a mixture of rice with pork offal, cooked pasta (no sauce) and pangasius fillet. Do not believe it, look at pictures carefully! Only then, unfortunately, gave me a mind to set the date and time appear in the photos. But even that is enlightening for 40 minutes were the same people with the same trays empty plates in front of the same ... it is Easter that I ate carrots and fries, with humiliation, frustration and nerves stretched to the maximum. I "grazing" happy! After 40 minutes they brought a one wool steak. Already many people, tired of waiting emptying the trays of carrots, potatoes and pasta (something had to give food to children), as for the steak you had an honor to serve dim (have not brought any vegetables or pickles, no seals because, not so the mass ended at 14.30, and they already had done you a service you pay a lot to the restaurant up to 15:00, your problem if you have not got anything to eat!) to say that the desert was a utopia for Easter lunch? or as dinner dessert consisted of a few servings of fruits?? (we bloated from lunch and we just had our back, right???) Please, again, look at the photos, which completes my words.
What we did: from the first evening, when I saw what was happening and I expected to be Easter, we called the buy a ticket agency, to ask the hotel to change somehow. Because this hotel was not far as it was presented to all offers on the Internet, including on the official site of the hotel, gave me a phone number of a partner agency representative in Bulgaria (Mr. Stanislav). It came in the hotel about 40 minutes after I talked to him, accompanied by Mrs. Georgieva, head of his. We are told that our complaints were discussed with the hotel manager (who miraculously appeared when they called her, although shortly before, they had asked us at the reception to talk with her, we were told that until the next day am not!) and it told her there was no problem, as there will be no Easter, it's all ok. Time in which neither of us looked at us tourists who claimed, as if I never existed there. So, "if there were no problems," people at the travel agency in Bulgaria have gone, promising to come back the next morning to monitor the situation with their eyes to see what happens. Of course, I have returned. On Easter day (April 24), after more than an hour of "hunt" a meal, I went to reception and I called the lady manager (I do not know his name, has not been presented) came and when I said that what happened we anticipated . He started screaming at us that we must expect that those who work in restaurants are striving to free meals (it is true that nearly plucked the plates in front of people, empty or not), and that we are to blame, the Romans, as we sit too much to the table, I explained that people came to relax, it's Easter meal that you can not leave the table immediately, while losing no more say in the queue for food. When I got up and her tone, annoyed by the defiant attitude, I received from bottom to top and bottom-up and I said "What` s the problem?! " Then he turned on the heels and left. Tone and attitude of managers in tourism! The discussion was long, we show the situation, she denied everything. Around 14:00 I called again at Mr. Stanislav. It gave us the phone number of Ms. Georgieva, saying he can not do anything , we call her on it. A rang, says it's at a table with an important delegation, but it makes every effort to come in half an hour. Well ... unfortunately it was impossible to blame ... not appeared, the idea that we leave the next day anyway. To say that all the hotel staff was weakness, tired, no never smiled, as if everything was a chore and could not wait to finish.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank puscasu
Reviewed February 12, 2011

it was the best hotel in the area,the food was amazing every day Other selection.
every dinner was about different topic such like-love menu, Bulgarian food , Italian food.....
the rooms are very comfortable and clean!!!!!
the people that work there are very nice and helpful.
and the hotel has a great location!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank linachka
Reviewed August 12, 2010

The hotel is basically nice with some problems like smoking all over, only 2 lifts that take them long time to service you BUT the biggest hotel problem is while check in they took our passports...when we try to get them back day after they simply refused to return them ! every time we asked there was a "BIG SECURITY GUY" arriving to listen to the conversation, we wanted to go to Romania and hire a car which we could not ! they told us they keep it to make sure we will pay our mini bar bill... even print of my Credit Card was refused - I think that they try to avoid us from other Casino's (we used our other passports and not enter to the hotel casino) - the casino is a smoking casino !!!
On top of it the hotel clean, rooms are good with sea view, food is okay (not more) - they served sharks !!!
I felt like the old regime back to life.....I will never come back and will not recommend to any of my friends !

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank B0nd007
Reviewed July 23, 2010

I have just returned from an 8 day-vacation to Astera in Golden Sands with my family, including my 3-year-old girl.
All in all, I congratulate myself for the choice I made for this holiday, it was all I had hoped for. I come from Bucharest Romania and I wanted to try Bulgaria this year and I can say I would definetly choose Astera Hotel again any time.
I was happy abould almost everything that matters: clealiness, hospitality of the staff, good food, very good services, position of the hotel, everything.
Besides, I was surprised to find out at our arrival that Astera has its own private beach, which very few other hotels have (I haven't notice anyother private beach, but I may be mistaken), where sunbeds and umbrellas are free, plus for all inclusive guests we had drinks and food at the bar on the beach, which other hotels don't have. The beach looks very clean, the sand is clean and smooth, the water is also very clean.
Besides, the hotel has a beautiful outside pool as well as a HEATED inside pool, which was great for families with small children, water temperature 31 degrees celsius.
The hotel in close to the beach, close to the shops, close to the center.
have I mentioned PARKING IS FREE and guarded?
We would recommend Astera to families, with or without children, it is a very good choice.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family