Lowest prices for your stay
Orbitz.com
Travelocity
ZenHotels.com
$25
View deal
Expedia.com$27
Booking.com$42
Hotels.com$27
All reviews pool bar rooms are clean very nice hotel tasty food gym sea bulgaria receptionist variation balconies
Selected filters
Reviewed July 16, 2018

Shipka hotel is a short walk from the beach 5 minutes down hill. The rooms are standard hotel size with one small wardrobe .The room was never probably cleaned while I stayed there. I stayed there on a all inclusive holiday food was very repetitive chicken and pork and served everyday for lunch and dinner. There were snacks served at the pool bar once a day which consisted of a few plates of biscuits considering the hotel has more than 2 hundred guests. The all inclusive ran from10.30 am to 10.30 pm .It only had one bar at this hotel and was manned by one barman pete.This was the pool bar no indoor bar at this hotel. While i stayed at this hotel there were rain shower so unless you like drinking in the rain this was poor .The drinks at the bar were low quality some undrinkable .1 barman for 2 hundred guest.. Golden sands is a nice resort with plenty of bars and shops .this hotel needs to buck up its idea and is poor valve for money

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4  Thank danny h
Nada E, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Shipka, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2018

Dear danny h,

I am sorry to hear that you found features that did not quite liked in your holiday with us.

However, I hope your stay was overall enjoyable. The hotel rooms are standard and the maids does routine cleaning everyday.

We have decided to keep only the pool bar open as all inclusive bar since the great part of the guests are concentrated at the pool. The years have showed us that there is almost no interest for guest to sit indoors, so it is only an issue if the weather is not good that there is no indoor bar.
I am sorry that you caught bad weather, in this cases we allow guests to go and take drinks from the restautant instead.
During the seasons we have not had an issue regarding the speed the guests are served and therefore one person for the shift is enough at this point

However, your comment as a guest of the hotel is valuable and I will pass your remarks to the management team so we can improve on them and hopefully we can have a chance to show our progress to you.

Reviewed July 13, 2018 via mobile

We had a problem with our room and when we asked the manager, Nada, to change it, she was more than helpful and gave us a very good room with a nice view.. all the staff are helpful as well. The hotel is quite big and in the center of the sea resort..

Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Torbey C,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review.

My team and I are here to help our guest whatever their wish is and I am happy to hear that my actions have let to a better stay for you and your friends.
Hope that the rest of your holiday with us would be joyful.

Best regards

Reviewed July 5, 2018 via mobile

Personally I think the location was so good and the ups are by far winner of the downs.....first of all I should say that its my sight of view and we were staying at the second floor of this hotel.....honestly we were a little touched by the facilities of the room when we arrived and i think the owner could disburse a little more but after that we meet a great wise kind and helpful manager called NADA that really swept away the notion of the flaw..the housekeepers cleaned our room quickly as the time we put the sign on the door and were changing all think that should be like towels and so.... I was upset to read some comments on tardiness of cleanning and should know that housekeepers job is hard and they are hardworkers and i think that the rule of thumb was to give a light tip ...the breakfast was normal .....and we werent for lunch and dinner at hotel to judge.....they had two pools and a bar also...make it short I will choose it the second time.....

Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank _V3971MJ

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review.

My staff and I do our best to meet and exceed the needs of your guests, so I am so greatful when it is appreciated.
I am pleased taht you have enjoyed the breakfast as it has a good variety of dishes. Also glad taht my actions have let to a better holiday for you.
I will pass your kind words to the housekeeping department and I will take your remarks and pass it to the owners.

I hope that you had a memorable holiday here with and and hope you see you again in near future!

Best wishes

Reviewed July 4, 2018 via mobile

As the title says book else where.. There are much better hotels in Golden sands closer to the beach and where the staff will at least smile and enjoy having you there. This place does not do that and has not got the personal touch with there guests that they should. The canteen because thats what it is as no restaurant feel what's so ever and staff do not even smile or greet you.
The life gaurd is arrogant and understands little english.
The two men that own the place sit at the small bar drinking!!
Seriously though do not book here if your looking for a great holiday because you will not get it.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
4  Thank shicitycity
Nada E, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Shipka, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2018

Dear shicitycity,

I am sorry to hear that you did not find what you were looking into a holiday with us.
Every person and guest has its preferences and tastes.
We do our best to meet the expectations of our guests and walk the extra mile for them.

Please accept my apologies if the staff at the restaurant have seemed unfriendly to you. I can asure you that all of the people who work at the hotel are cheerful and happy to be serving you. Maybe you caught a moment of pressure for the personnel and you were left with such impressions.

The staff at our hotel is trained to be always available to any requests and if you have had any, you should have reached reception and myself.

In regards to the life-guard, he is a very calm man, maybe it appeared so to you as every staff member has level of English so that they can communicate to their competence.

In accordance to the owners of the hotel - I cannot tell if you are sure who they are and not pointing random guests, but at the end of the day everyone has their right to enjoy a sunny day.

Regards

Reviewed July 3, 2018

it was good...staff were nice and helpful but rooms dont have enough facilities
it was 4star hotel ,the breakfast was normal....some services were expensive but out of hotel was cheaper,,,it was convenient to places and beaches ....wifi was terrible

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
4  Thank goodfeelingir

Dear danyway11,

Thank you for the time to write this review.

I am happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and I hope your holiday was joyfull and you will consider coming back in the near future.
Our rooms do comply to the mandatory standards of a summer 4star hotel.
Every other year we as a hotel have an inspection to supervise if we still respond to the category given.
We are open for suggestion for improvements, so please do not hesitate to write us directly what would you like to see more in the rooms.

Regards