Grifid Hotels Club Hotel Bolero
Astera Hotel & Spa(Golden Sands)
$120
$96
$149
$117
  • Pool
Grifid Hotel Metropol(Golden Sands)
$213
$204
  • Breakfast included
HVD Viva Hotel(Golden Sands)
$119
Atlas Hotel(Golden Sands)
$111
$81
  • Pool
Apart Hotel Golden Line(Golden Sands)(Great Value!)
$40
$34
Priceline
Grifid Hotel Vistamar(Golden Sands)
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsasian restaurantanimation teamaqua parkall inclusive resortmain restaurantkids club stafffree safemini barindoor poolhotel makesgreat facilitiesbeach barbeautiful resorta la carte restaurantsgreat family hotelclean towelssoft drinks
Reviewed September 13, 2010

Bolero has the potential to offer an excellent leisure while enjoying Golden Sands. Great facilities, friendly personnel, good proximity to the beach could make it one of the top accommodation options of the resort. However, the ideal appearance can't hold if shaken by the slightest issue, sometimes common at the seaside. The hotel was full of people infected with severe digestive illness (fever, diarrhea, coughing, vomiting and so on) and it seemed that the children were the most affected. One of our neighbors had a 1 year and 2 month baby vomiting and with fever for several days in a row. Other friends had a 3 years girl infected and left several days earlier and our 10 months baby had at some point 40 degrees fever. What was striking is that the hotel personnel were well aware of the situation, but behaved as the issue was non existing. The cleaning lady was telling about cleaning the vomit after the ill kids, all over the place you could see ill people and I am sure that the management was aware of the issue (well spread on the whole seaside and also well covered by TV and media). They could have had 1,000 ways of dealing with the issue in an elegant, though pragmatic way: from placing appropriate food e.g. boiled carrots, plain rice, bananas for the ones in pain to asking the cleaning ladies to thoroughly clean the rooms which accommodate ill people. And examples could go on. There were a lot of ways to cut from the factors that favor the spread of the illness. However, ill people could barely find what to eat considering their condition and we had an empty bottle of mineral water under the cupboard inherited from our room predecessors which stayed there even we have tipped the cleaning lady for taking better care of the room. Or, they could change the sheets more often that one or two times per stay.

Leaving aside the hotel's management aspects, the food was tasty (if you were not ill) and in decent variety, the interior pool's water was warmer if you wouldn't fancy the outdoor ones, the personnel was friendly and trying to make you feel good. Though if you plan to go to Bolero, I strongly suggest considering the following:
- if you travel with a small kid and use a stroller, be prepared to climb a lot of stairs if you want to see more than the lobby and the usual restaurant. No facilities for strollers or physically challenged people, but a lot of stairs;
- if you travel by car, consider as well the parking fee when you compare the prices. The usual and normal approach is that your hotel, especially when they make you pay for something on top of an all-inclusive package, offers you the best deal of the resort, as a sign of appreciation for giving them a lot of money for the package in the first place. Grifid Bolero left aside the appreciation and charged with 30 leva (15 Eur) per day for the underground parking and 20 leva (10 Eur) for parking on the small mounting alley to the entrance of the hotel (which, in my opinion, was not an original parking place, but an extra pocket money generator for the hotel guys :-). In return, we left aside the appreciation for the hotel and parked with 12 leva per day at a parking place at 5 mins walking distance.
- the same approach as above was considered as well in relation to the beach umbrellas and chairs. Even they advertised a special price for the hotel guests, you could easily find the same or lower price on fancier parts of the beach.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
4  Thank Paul0Auster
Reviewed September 1, 2010

This hotel is a must have for anyone seaching for a pleasant stay at a hotel on average costs. The food is just delicious and I really mean it! It is not that high class and diverse as in a 5* hotel, but it's surely the best one can get from a 4* hotel. The rooms are big, clean and very cozy.
The entertainment is really not that amazing as I expected it to be after reading the reviews. There is only half an hour in the evening of some kind of show. The rest is no more than a nice try. Also, you might be displeased with the fact that the all inclusive is not that inclusive when it comes to some basic spa facilities as the sauna!...And if you have some knowledge on Asian food don't go to the Asian restaurant because you will be totally dissapointed with the quality and taste of every dish there!

Overall however I recommend this hotel as it definitely has the means to make a tourist happy!:)

14  Thank DanubianGirl
Reviewed August 30, 2010

This was my best holiday ever! I simply can say nothing more, but you have to go there and see it, feel it yourself. I just can not find the proper words to describe it. ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!! Real fun all the time, for me, my wife, my kids. Everybody was so excited! Perfect management, perfect stuff, top level! All the people working in the hotel are always smiling, offering their services, ready to help you and make you feel comfortable. Special thanks to the Manager, really professional job! Food is fantastic and various, everything is so clean and nice, and shiny... I just came back today and I feel really sad, I miss that place... Do not miss a chance to go and see it yourself, I have travelled a lot across Bulgaria and I still can not believe this is a part of a country.... Seems like HEAVEN...

1  Thank Gerontiev
Reviewed August 29, 2010

I have just returned home from the Club hotel Bolero. I stayed for one week with my two children aged 13 and 10.

All the staff were attentive and couldn't do enough to help and answered all of our questions. The animation team work so hard and never stopped smiling. It didn't matter what time of the day (or night), someone somewhere would be cleaning.

The food was to a high standard and as there are so many restaurants all offering different styles of food, you can't get bored. Also having the mini fridge in your roomis an advantage as it means you don't need to bring drinks up with you from the bar.

I enjoyed a massage in the spa and again all the staff were helpful and explained all the treatments available.

I am looking forward to visiting this hotel again next year.

1  Thank derbyjoyce37
Reviewed August 17, 2010

Visited this hotel with my partner and two friends. We had the best time ever. The food was excellent, only repetitive if you eat many different dishes on the same plate. The breakfast was excellent as were the snacks. The drinks and the bar staff were fabulous, so friendly, funny and helpful. As we were a group in our early 40s we chose to sit at the top pool which was quieter than the lower pool but still had it's own bar and snacks. Our rooms were situated above the FABULOUS 'DIZZY DISCO' This place was so funny, open till 2am and we adopted the approach of 'if you can't beat em, join em' The music could be more than heard in our rooms and if we did not 'join em' we were woken by Dire Straits at midnight. We had the option to move rooms but chose not to. After all, what do you go on holiday for if you're not going to have a bit of fun???FABULOUS. The location of the hotel was just perfect; 1 minute away from the beach and shops and bars and a nice stroll to 'Party Street.' A wonderful little train would take you along to this area if you didn't feel like walking; thats if your friends would join you of course LOL. HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. We will be going back in 2011. And frankly I can't wait!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple