Please note prices are from banks in Bulgaria on the 18th May i.e. 2.45 lev to the UK pound.
Return taxi to Varna 50 - 55 lev. sun bed and brolly 19 lev each. cigarettes 5 lev. Bus no 9 109 409 to Varna 3 lev. bus stop at end of resort or the top of the hill. Conductor collects the fares, get off at he Cathedral return stop opposite.
I used Wizz air from Luton (tip print boarding card before you check in or a charge is made) good flights and on arrival meet by Balkan Holidays rep and only myself in a private car on return mini bus with 5 passengers only. Rep at resort very good but gave wrong info on cigarette allowance to UK it is only 800 now not 3.200 as per last year.
Room at hotel very big and kept spotless fruit and bottle of wine in room and mini fridge topped up every day. One bar stays open until 2am. Pool kept very clean and also the indoors one was not to cold. Gym on the 7th floor and good equipment.
Hotel is full of Germans Russians and some French so I think the chefs cater for them. The food I am afraid lets this hotel down badly. Same every day and on the Friday special night no improvement. Good job they have a microwave or else you will eat warm meat and fish. No variety all week. I was talking to some french people and they said the food was poor. The french should know.
The evening entertainment is not very good a stupid puppet show one night and some Balkan Dancers making an effort. disco until 2am. The animation team do make an effort but darts more darts and basketball have they got no imagination.
If the entertainment and food was improved I could say go there but that is my opinion.
Quickest way to beach and bars down the steps at the rear. Sign said parking 20 lev a day so if you have a hire car I would enquire.
The hotel is kept clean and your plate is gone before you can blink in the dining room, Very pleasant staff that are a credit to this Hotel
Shop and money exchange 24/7 in lobby but rate of exchange poor go to the bank and take your passport with you also required at the Casinos.
I hope this report helps.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grifid Hotel Arabella is conveniently situated in the heart of Golden Sands resort, only a few steps away from the half mile-long sandy beach. All 292 rooms and apartments at the hotel are modern and tastefully furnished: bathroom with bathtub, hairdryer, carpet floors, sofa, direct dial telephone, central air-conditioning, satellite TV, complimentary mini bar service (mineral water, soft drinks and beer, refilled daily), safety deposit box (at a charge), pillow menu, balcony/terrace. You can benefit from the extensive Ultra All Inclusive Grifid Hotels offer with a wide choice of buffet and a-la-carte dining options. No matter if you choose our main restaurant with a range of international and traditional cuisine or you undertake a gourmet journey in the welcoming atmosphere of the three a-la-carte restaurants: Bulgarian, Italian and Asian, your palate won't be disappointed. You can also unwind at the Grifid Arabella spa center. Our wellness specialists will take care of you in the elegant zone dedicated for massage, Hammam, sauna, beauty parlour and hairdresser's studio. Two outdoor swimming pools, one of them with a whirlpool, as well as a heated indoor pool are at your disposal daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grifid Hotel Arabella reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grifid Hotel Golden Sands
- Grifid Resort All Inclusive Arabella
- Grifid Hotel Arabella Golden Sands, Bulgaria - Varna Province