Facilities appeared to be 5 star. My husband and I were there for a week with my 2 kids (6 & 3). Had to wait in the reception area on arrival for at least an hour without an offer of water, or hot drinks. They had to re-arrange a room to accomodate us all as they seemed to only have rooms for 2 adults one child??? eventually we were given a fabulous room with a huge bed, and a sofa bed for the girls to share. Breakfast was chaotic, some days we were offered table service for hot drinks and then other days we were told by staff to get our own hot drinks due to staff shortages. One day there were no clean towels to use by the pool as the washing machine broke? Another time we asked for a taxi and waited in the blistering heat for 20 minutes before giving up and making our own way to our destination. Again no apologies from reception staff. Severall trips were made to reception with our key cards for our rooms as they failed to work & had to be re-programmed. A good friends was getting married in Bulgaria so I asked where I could get a wedding card or any type of card, and was basically told it's not possible anywhere in Varna!! Ended up using a complimentary Kempinski Hotel card..hmm..the worst thing was the newly opened kids club. One room with no air conditioning or water facility. One member of staff. I asked my daughters if they enjoyed it they did, but when I asked what happened when they needed the toilet, my eldest said she didn't need it so she was left in the room by herself and locked in, whilst the teacher & all the other kids went off to the toilet. I mean locked a 6 year old girl in the room alone?!! I later confirmed this with another memeber of staff who agreed that this had happened but would not happen again and apologised. Surely this is illegal. Fortunately we were in Bulgaria for a wedding and 2 birthday celebrations, so had lots of friends at the hotel making the stay more pleasurable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine a place with a unique atmosphere and service where you can relax and enjoy the serenity, the sun and the sea... Imagine a place that will exceed your expectations... Located on a quiet hill and surrounded by a green park, this exquisite luxury hotel offers the tranquility you are longing for. The 5-star resort welcomes you with stylish atmosphere, quality service and refined cuisine. Lounge on the sunniest balconies, relax in the SPA centre or have fun on the beach with the water sports available. Indulge your senses in the 5-star YHI SPA Centre: exclusive high quality massages, therapies and procedures offer a chance to get away from the stress and enjoy the serenity of your vacations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Prodigios Interactivos SA, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Melia Grand Hermitage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Grand Hermitage Hotel Golden Sands
- Melia Golden Sands
- Melia Hotel Grand Hermitage
- Melia Grand Hermitage Golden Sands, Bulgaria - Varna Province