1,426 results
All reviews level restaurant level guests level room sunshine cafe paella separate restaurant sea view indoor pool large hotel animation team five star hotel main restaurant great facilities water slides all inclusive program per day rooms are big
Reviewed July 18, 2016

i will write my review point by point:
- they should call this hotel discriminating hotel since all the staff once talking to you looks to your bracelet if u are black or white bracelet holder then you are VIP (which they call LEVEL) then they serve u quickly. if u r blue bracelet holder then u r ALL Inclusive they are much helpful, but if u r yellow holder which we were then u r B/B so they send u to another person and things go on until somebody answers u and at last their answer is "u're not LEVEL booked guest"
-i've stayed in many hotels all around the world, this hotel was the worst 5 stars hotel i've ever seen. Breakfast terrible, room very cheap, no machine for doing coffee, no slippers,no bath accessories they even sometimes didn't put shampoo and i had to go and take it by myself from the house kipper.
-cleaning is terrible, i stayed there for 7 nights, all my stay the floor wasn't cleaned( vacuumed), the bed linens didn't change, sometimes towels also weren't changed. when asked the manager on the reception she said we change the linens every 3 days in which i think she lied.
- the worse part is the sunbeds, not enough sunbeds to all the guest, and poor management since many people go early and reserve the sunbeds for all the day without even using them and the managers know and when i asked them they had no answer. everyday we were obliged to go to sea or other places for tanning since no sunbeds available.
-we used the safe box and everyday it gives us error we were obliged to call for the security to fix it.
-the only positive thing for this hotel is its spa and the location which is near from the sea and middle of the golden sands beach walk.

• Stayed: July 2016, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Anna I
Anna G, Quality manager at Melia Grand Hermitage, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2016

Dear Anna I,

Thank you for choosing Melia Grand Hermitage and sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your stay with us and you felt discriminated in some ways. I would like to clarify that for all the staff and management of Melia Grand Hermitage, made no difference to our guests. Yes, the Level guests have some reserved areas and bigger benefits according to the program they bought, but the attitude does not refer to the color of the band. About the sunbeds, we have already took actions and at the moment we don’t face any shortage. I would like to ask you to provide some further details about your comments, such as your dates of stay and room number, as well as some further description of where and when you encountered the issues you described. I will be grateful if you could send this information to me by email to quality@hermitage.solmelia-bg.com, so we can look into these issues.
We hope that you will change your mind and we will be able to welcome you back again and make your stay a wonderful experience.

Reviewed July 18, 2016

It was my first trip to Bulgaria. While booking a room in 5star Melia hotel I was expecting something really good. Room was nice and clean. And that's all. Pool and the area around was small and in fact only on one side sun was present whole day. Number of sun beds was not enough and as the beach is public you must pay there 15 euros per day for 2 sun beds. The food was terrible so we decided not to go for lunch but eat shoarma at the bar - big mistake and stomach problems every day. Drinks were so terrible!!! Undrinkable!!! Dinner food was every day the same so we had to go to eat to the beach every evening. So you pay a lot but you must buy some food and drinks outside of the hotel. And in the end my dress was stolen from the room

• Stayed: August 2015, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Esmeralda_pl

Dear Esmeralda_pl,

Thank you for choosing Melia Grand Hermitage and writing us a review in TripAdvisor. I am sorry to hear that you were not completely satisfied with our hotel and that you had some issues during your stay. However, we would have preferred to get this feedback the same year as you stayed or, even better, during your stay, so that we could do our best to improve your stay while you were still here. Our staff is always glad to help, so we encourage all of our guests to contact our reception and/or myself about any issues, so that we can react immediately and make them happy during their stay with us.
We have made a range of improvements to our hotel since your previous visit, so we hope you will visit us again to see them for yourself.
We will be glad to welcome you back and make your stay a delightful experience.

Reviewed July 16, 2016

We just came home from a short vacation (5 nigths) in the Melia Grand Hermitage Hotel . The Hotel is huge with lot of activites and we enjoyed very much with our 5 grand childrens and the 5 adults too, The Hotel serve lot of and unlimited food and offered diferent inclusive oportunities in several places in the yard. The pool is large and clean and organised around with umbrellas and sun beds. But we were very disapointed with cleaning procedure of our rooms ......
First this procedure never completed prior to 3 p.m.....Second, once we called to the reception desk to claim on this and the answer was that the cleaning is commited to do up to 5 p.m......But this cleaning was daily verry poor and we was unsatisfied on this without any details in more.
Finally and as I called this is really a "Childrens paradyse"!

Stayed: July 2016
1  Thank Peretz_13

Dear Peretz_13,

Thank you for choosing Melia Grand Hermitage and for writing us a review in TripAdvisor. I am very glad to hear that you liked our hotel and facilities. However, I am sorry to hear that the cleaning was not to your satisfaction. I would like to ask you to please send me an email with additional details about your stay (arrival dates and room number, as well as some further description of the faults with cleaning), so that we can investigate the situation and take appropriate measures.
We will be glad to welcome you back in the future and make your stay a wonderful experience!

Reviewed July 16, 2016 via mobile

it's two days my family and i are back from the trip ,the hotel was not spacious comparing the other ones i had resided in ,but the water slides were really good ,the room was simple but clean ,the amenities were not charged every day !and 3ven when they were ,there were just one sample of every thing like just one tiny bottle of shampoo,one conditioner,but there are 3 people in my family and i have long bushy hair ,that tiny bottle of conditioner was just enough for one person!
The worst thing about the hotel was the break fast,we hadn't paid for all inclusive service as we don't like the same kind of foods every day ,so we preferred to have lunch and diner out side ,but in the morning they said that we couldn't enter the main restaurant for breakfast!!!!!and we had to go to a dingy small room called ALDENTE restaurant,being small was not that much disturbing but the variety of food was not even comparable with the main restaurant ,besides the unbelievable thing was the dishes which were not porcelain!!! They were hard plastic ones which were all and aaaaall dirty!!!!!a 5star hotel ,dirty plastic dishes?!!!! i asked the servant to find a single clean one for me ,he couldn't because they were all stained ,he took all to clean but brought them back without change !!they were all wet this time he had just rinsed them and hadn't even dried them,TERRIBLE,just TERRIBLE.....
I objected to the restaurant manager who wasn't at all in Al Dente restaurant she was of course in the main one , she at first said that the main restaurant isn't not so much different from this one but I said that i have paid for a 5star break fast not that terrible one which was an INSULT and i said ,my friend is in main restaurant and she had said us about the differences and WHY AT ALL should they dare behave that way to a 5star hotel guest????If i wanted that way of serving i wouldn't pay for a 5star hotel. Any way in this hotel they have made a hierarchy of people ,like the level,all inclusive ,and maybe beggars (As to their behavior),THE HEIGHT OF INSULT.........!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stayed: July 2016, traveled with family
1  Thank uniqueee
Anna G, Quality manager at Melia Grand Hermitage, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2016

Dear uniqueee,

Thank you for your feedback. Yes, there are different restaurants for the different programs. To separate the Bed& Breakfast guests from the All Inclusive is based on the idea to have more free space and air for everyone. The variety of the buffet and the show cooking is the same. The quantities are different that gives you the sense of less variety.
But I am taking very serious your remark about the plates and we will take immediate actions. Once again thank you for choosing us and for your comment, because it will help us to improve.

Best regards,

Reviewed July 14, 2016

The hotel is quite nice, we opted for The Level upgrade, which is worth the extra money. From the early check-in, to the free garrage parking and the reserved sunbeds at the pool and many other things, The Level was the good side of this hotel. We stayed in a Deluxe Suite, which was enormous, with all the the things you need, including a little kitchen, very useful for us, having 2 little kids. On the other side, the food was close to what you can call horrible, after tasting some of the dishes, our kids refused to eat, so we had to go to restaurants on the beach and eat there. We paid for All
Inclusive, but we ate in other places. We even had to buy bottled water, as the one provided by the bars wasn't suitable for drinking in our opinion. We will not return to this hotel, even if the building itself and the rooms look good. Unfortunately this is not enough.

• Stayed: July 2016, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Meliá Hotels International

Dear RuxandraMaria,

Thank you for choosing Melia Grand Hermitage and sharing your comments on TripAdvisor.
I am very glad to hear that you liked the hotel and our facilities, as well as the LEVEL programme. However, I am sorry to hear that the food and drinks were not to your satisfaction. We are constantly making improvements to our hotel and services, so we hope that you will give us a chance to change your mind and make your stay a wonderful experience on all fronts.