“Great hotel we will be back”
Review of Helios Spa

Helios Spa
Ranked #97 of 110 Hotels in Golden Sands
London, United Kingdom
“Great hotel we will be back”
Reviewed August 26, 2011

We found the staff really helpfull and could not do enough for you the enterment team were really good the Helios (act) song is a must see
The Safari jeep and boat trip is a must for all ages

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank 4Ollie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 13, 2011

Myself, husband and son spent two weeks at the Helios Spa resort and although the food could have been better our holiday was fab, the ANIMATION TEAM worked so hard to ensure that we had a fantastic time every day, they are all so friendly, speak wonderful English and make sure that everyone feels included in all the activities. They never seem to stop and always have a friendly smile even when they are not working. The daily activities were varied and great fun from darts, water polo, football, keep fit and general fun games by the pool, everyone was encouraged to join in the fun and both children and adults were well catered for. Great Holiday thanks guys !!!!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank j4ckysmith
Mechelen, Belgium
Reviewed August 13, 2011

Hotel didn't really deserve 5 stars because of some renovations but prise/quality it did fit our expectations.
There was a lot of animation to occupie us during day (and night...) The team was great, very open, joyfull and trying to give us the best holiday ever! They were always open for new things. Thanks Mimi, Nana, Petko, Dani, Irina and Miro for this fantastic holiday!!

Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Basketster5
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed July 10, 2011

Hi everybody! I've stayed at this hotel for 7 nights / all inclusive at the begining of July 2011 and I won't go there again not even for free. We were 3 families with children and from the very begining the guy in charge with the parking ( it was supposed to be free ) told us everything was full and sugested us to park our cars near the hotel, to a private parking, for 10 leva/day/car. We finally found by ourselves some places for the cars in their parking area, but after checking every space possible.
After they carried us the luggage to the rooms we went to the restaurant ( only one, by the way !!!Poseidon !) after lunch time ( 2.45pm) looking for some snacks. They had only some poor sandwiches ( salami and butter ), cookies, juices, tea and coffee and they were bringing every day the same things between lunch and dinner. We asked for white wine and the barman told us we have to pay for it ( also it was bulgarian ).After we spoke with his chief he brought us white wine with ice.
I was hopping that they will change some day the breakfast but I was wrong : every morning the same food - eggs, eggs, eggs cooked in different ways, bacon, cheep ham, pressed cheese, cereals, cold milk and yougourt.
I do not want to remember lunch and dinner, when they were bringing food from the meal before or worst - from the day before, insuficiently,no diversity at all ! There were a few times when I didn't have from where to choose some healty food for my child ( 3 years old ).
The water in both outside pools was very cold, hopefully everything was fine with the indoor pool, with heated water.
The animation team was.....awfull. Music only from time to time, we were listenting to fine music from the hotel next to us.
The cleaning in the room after 2pm or 3pm, and they did not change the towels every day as it was supossed to be. The bathroom was not cleaned properly.
And let's not forget about the private beach : you have to pay 10 leva/room to have acces there. In this amount you have transfer by minibus, 2 sunbeds and 1 umbrella. The private beach is located very far from the hotel, and the opening hours are 9am - 6pm. Very quite and no fun at all.
4 star hotel ???!! maybe in their dreams !
if you want a fine holiday with your children my advise is to chose another hotel, with better services and smiling personnel.
Never again !

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
8 Thank Dana1978
Maldon, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 10, 2011

Dear Hotel Manager and tourists,

I’ll keep this short and to the point: our first ever experience in the hotel Helios and the Golden Sands resort was truly pleasant and beyond any of our expectations. The hotel stuff was most helpful, professional, courteous and the bar/reception ladies young and beautiful. The night-manager, well, he is definitely well in control, simultaneously looking after two adjacent hotels and making sure his customers are always happy. Do not try any silly moves, he is procedure compliance adept.

I confidently recommend this hotel first of all for its diverse facilities suitable for not only young families but also amorous couples or single travellers, but also for its hospitality and the outstanding all-inclusive cuisine, way beyond the claimed 4 star boundaries. This hotel, without a shade of a doubt, deserves a 5 star classification, so people, I strongly recommend you to go over there and see this for yourself – a truly brilliant value-for-money place.

I especially commend the kitchen staff for cooking such a wide variety of exotic Balkan food for all those hungry gourmands like myself my son Stefan and my friends Sorin & Stefan. The Animation team, which I mistakenly believed, just for a second, that they’ll end up dancing all night long on top of the tables in the disco (similar to those animation half-naked girls dancing all night long in the night-clubs) – pardon my ignorance- were top notch.

Almost forgot to tell you about the Bulgarian folk-pop music: you westerners might not understand it, but this is, my friends, first-class quality entertainment, sorry, no ‘X-factor’ or ‘Britain Has Got Talent’ stuff.

Personally, I am going to definitely return here and why shouldn’t I? After all this is such a friendly hotel, it offers everything you could possibly need. Never tried the Spa, but I hear is incredible.

I sincerely thank you my Bulgarian friends, I shall now post this on to ‘trip advisor’ and similar hotel-review web sites.

Stefan Roman

PS. Dear Management team, please pass on this feedback to all your staff. Much appreciated.

Room Tip: ring the frondesk in advance and politely ask
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank Fane37
bucharest, Romania
Reviewed May 4, 2011

the hotel is ok ( it is clean, the rooms are ok ), but the people who work there made it the worst hotel i've seen in my life. They are very rude ( begining with the manager and finishing with the housemaid ) and not trained for their job. Also, the restaurants of the hotel are very small comparing to the hotel capacity, and at lunch and dinner you have to stay in line to get some food wich, by the way, is very bad ( i have to eat somewhere else because of the quality of the food they were serving at the hotel restaurants ). Anyway, to end this review, think twice before booking this hotel.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank dorin19

Travelers are raving about these Golden Sands hotels

Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 5, 2011

I have to say I'm a bit surprised by the very negative comments of others, I visited the Helios with my 3 kids last August and we all really liked it. Rooms were very good and spotlessly clean, pools were great, staff all very friendly - especially the entertainment guys who my kids all loved. The food was a little plain and didn't vary much in our stay (hence the loss of a star in the rating) but there was plenty of salad, pasta, chicken, pizza and ice cream - which was fine by my kids at least. All in all I found it good value and would recommend to anyone on a budget.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
#43 of 110 in Golden Sands
Vezhen Hotel
Vezhen Hotel
#73 of 110 in Golden Sands

Been to Helios Spa? Share your experiences!