“The Good the Bad and the Ugly”

INTERNATIONAL Hotel Casino & Tower Suites
Ranked #3 of 110 Hotels in Golden Sands
Tel Aviv, Israel
“The Good the Bad and the Ugly”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

This hotel has excellent facilities but its service are really poor and you do not really feel convenience and there is no really entrainment except the Casino which is not my "favorite" hobby that's if go by yourself you shortly will be boring there. The hotel lack a space which people can friendly with and to get contact with. I mean that the atmosphere in this hotel is dark and there is always guards that watching who get inside the hotel.
First,when I went out from the bus with a group to Check-In I went to the reception and there I received an unpleasant welcome. Most of the people from the group disappeared except few that were waiting nearby the reception. I was helpless without knowing what to do and I was waiting long minutes, hungry and tired (because Bulgarian Air flight was delayed) until someone from the group that told me that they booked separately from the group and the other from the group went to the second floor. In the second floor was sitting one from the reception who didn't really care that I'm very hungry and the dinner time almost finished. He asked to fill a paper with my details and after he released me to eat dinner I found that I left there some of my documents because I was already dizzy.
During the meal time I found not once that the waiters there do not care if you need something such as coffee or something else to drink and I needed to stand up from my chair and ask them to serve me and to suggest me a drink, napkins or salt and pepper...
And when they were doing so they didn't do that with politeness and smile.
Be aware that if you want to invite a guest to the hotel you will be charged 30 leva. It is the other way of the hotel to pump from you money except the Casino.
Concerning the check out, I was 5 minutes late for the transportation to the airport which I already pay for. I was late because I was vomit in in the WC in my room after I drunk the night before. Although it might be the responsibility of the head of my group to look for me it is also I think the duty of the reception to call to my room to find out if I'm there. The bus left and I needed to pay additional 45 leva for a taxi and this was after bargaining with the driver. I think the hotel care for the Varna's taxi drivers livelihood more it cares for its guest.
In summary, the hotel has good facilities but you will need to find some of them by yourself. It is better you will ask the reception first what the hotel can afford you except the casino.
The hotel is very reachable to the main outdoors activities ,the beach, to supermarkets which are really cheap and I recommend on them warmly.
If you have no better choice you can book this hotel otherwise you can skip it to another one.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank idole2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
wales
Reviewed September 14, 2013

an outstaning hotel, and one which I cant praise highly enough. all staff members are extremely well trained, helpful and polite,the rooms are of a very high standard with every luxury provided.All in all the best hotel in golden sands

Room Tip: we stayed in one of the superior park rooms and we really were impressed
4 Thank lalWales
Rishon Lezion, Israel
Reviewed September 11, 2013

We returned yesterday from Varna. We ordered half-board at the International Hotel. We got a wonderful large room. Rich and varied meals. Very good service. Bed changed every day. You can eat at the casino pay 2 Euros and into the main dining room. The pool stunning beauty with the Black Sea view. I warmly recommend this hotel to take with both hands. Disclosure - We had soundproofed room but I heard from others who had a room that was not sealed and there also heard the music outside. So just ask what you need really and what bothers you
I have spent 7 nights there and will return.

Room Tip: ask a room in the new building
6 Thank lori p
Nahariya, Israel
Reviewed September 9, 2013

The hotel is meticulously planned for maximum comfort. We stayed in the Tower Suites overlooking a park so we weren't disturbed by the noise of the celebrations on the beach front. The room was large and so was the bathroom. We also had a balcony. Excellent meals with large variety of choices for every taste. The staff of the hotel and in the casino was friendly, helpful and kind. Requests were answered immediately. Being elderly, we didn't spend hours on the beach or at the lovely pool. We went on day trips to various places which we found very interesting. The city of Varna and the whole area have a fascinating history. Opposite the hotel is the promenade - just cross the road and you're in the middle of all the excitement.

Room Tip: Tower Suites were lovely. Our criticism was that there was no way of preventing the floor getting we...
Haifa Israel
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Hotel is located on the golden beaches promenade.
Walking distance to anywhere.
Excellent service extremely clean hotel
And the best food with many types of food
Spacious rooms
Warmly recommended everyone or family to enjoy the vacationing of a life

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank M A
Malaga, Spain
Reviewed August 16, 2013

This is a great gamling hotel. Most of the people spend their time playing cards or others although the hotel is located just by the water (black sea cost) Good girls everywhere. golden beach is just infront of the hotel. No need to stay in the rooms. Well rooms are very big and good enough. View is superb but none opening windows are not good. No freash air.
Breakfast is ok. dine is also good. I Recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank aintzane b
Palic, Serbia
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Big, new, clean and nice rooms. Clean and new bathroom. Very nice and fancy pool.
Breakfast is good, but if you stay more days it becomes boring. Dinner is much better, with lot of choice, good food, ice cream, cookies, fruit...
If you choose room with sea view be prepaird for big noise in the evening from local bars in front of hotel. If you want sea view, try to get room in higher floors, otherwise better choose another side of hotel, music is really loud.
Beach is 1 min from hotel, nice, clean. Negative is that you must pay 15 euro for 2 sunbeds and umbrella. Also other prices for drinks and friut on the beach are very expensive for country like Bulgaria.
Spa in the hotel is also very nice. Parking for the hotel guests if free and secure. (you can look on this like bonus, because in lot of hotels in europe you need to pay parking extra).
WiFI is working good in every area of hotel, except on higher floors.
Overall, it is very good hotel, with good service, nice beach in the middle of everything what you have in Golden Sands.
This kind of hotel in Grecce, Italy or Spain is much expensive...

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends