“Good luck trying to sleep here! lol”
Review of Bonita Hotel

Bonita Hotel
Ranked #47 of 110 Hotels in Golden Sands
Reviewed July 7, 2013

The location is fine and I can't comment on breakfast because it was only served until 10am and due to the noise going on by other guests 24-7 this made it difficult to get out of bed until midday. I decided to eat out at 'Ambasador' which is on the left as you walk up the street this hotel is on, the food here was the best and Wi-Fi is readily available...unlike the hotel where there was no signal and even if there was you had to pay... no thank you!
The rooms where not cleaned every day and as I like to have a shower once sometimes twice per day I requested if I could have a towel exchanged (not extra towels!) daily...it seemed this was too much trouble for them.
Don't leave anything valuable in your rooms either as I found the (cleaner when she did eventually clean my room) had gone through personal possessions in an area which quite obviously didn't need cleaning.
What also annoyed me was the telephone call I recieved on the final day of my stay. There was no polite tone only a ''You have to leave your room.'' lol
I'd genuinely advise anyone against staying here and found the 'International' looked the nicest accomodaton available on the resort. Whatever hotel you decide to choose I hope you have a nicer time than I had.

Room Tip: Bring ear plugs! ;)
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Applezach
There are newer reviews for Bonita Hotel

Reviewed July 7, 2013

We arrived at Hotel Bonita on Saturday 29/06/13 on a bed & breakfast package, check-in was very fast, and they do keep your passports until the next day. We had room 415, which overlooked the beach side of the resort. The room is very basic; two single beds pushed together, which I prefer, the sheets are a little too small for the beds, but it was clean. The mattresses looked relatively new, were clean, and stain free. We had a small TV, a bar fridge, which had water, wine, beer, spirits, coke-cola, nuts, and chocolates. Just keep a tally of what you use as we were overcharged by 4 Lev. We had air-conditioning, which did work. The bathroom was ok, shower is powerful, but the stench from the drainpipes was very nauseating. We did not find breakfast very enjoyable. Breakfast consisted of: - hardboiled eggs, scrambled eggs, fried Bulgarian type of sausages, small deep fried sweet dough balls, salad leaves, tomatoes, olives, sweet biscuits, a variety of Bulgarian processed cheeses, paté, a wide selection of bread and bread rolls which seemed to be stale but perhaps that is how the bread is in Bulgaria, fresh oranges and watermelon and a selection of cereals. The coffee and tea is from a vending machine - this was not nice at all. Perhaps many other visitors enjoyed the food. We never used the pool but it looked lovely.
Having a street/beach facing room we found the noise overbearing, loud music plays until early hours of the mornings, load of drunken youths returning from the beach parties being loud. The view from our room was lovely. There is not much to do in Golden Sands other than go to the beautiful beach. The charge for a sun bed is 8 lev, mattress for the sun bed 3 lev and an umbrella 8 lev; unfortunately, you end up paying 30 lev to hire this as they come as a package. There are separate sun beds, which are on the edge of the beach so when the tide comes in you are in the pathway of the water. There is an abundance of street vendors/shops. Plentiful of restaurants who all sell similar food on their menus. The best restaurant by far is Ivan’s Place, the restaurant was spotless, had a few problems with our orders but that’s due to the language barrier.
You must visit Jerry who owns Hurry Ramsden’s Fish & Chips, this is across the road from the hotel. Most English & Germans visit him till late at night.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank StephnieB
Reviewed June 30, 2013

just got back and had a great time . clean and attentive staff very quick check in .the staff are very friendly ,the location is right across the road from the beach ,i would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pam660
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Went here from 2-16 June-can't believe I went back, I obviously didn't read my own review from last year! However, it was a lot better this year, due to the fact that it was slightly out of season for the majority of young folk who can't handle their alcohol consumption.Can't complain about the price of the holiday, £582 for 2 weeks for 2 people, flights and transfers included!! The hotel is clean , rooms are cleaned every day, towels and sheets changed daily.The staff are very pleasant and helpful. The pool is too small for the size of the hotel and I think you would have to camp out overnight to be first in the queue for one of the 19 loungers!! I recommend the Megapark Dolphin, about a 5minute walk from the hotel.If you ask for an all inclusive day there you get a sunlounger, all drinks at the bar and a meal in the restaurant for the fantastic sum of £10 a day-only downside is you pay for the toilet (which you use frequently because of the free bar)!I would return to this hotel if the price was as low as this .

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the high floors facing the beach as the noise from the street side is very loud at...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank magsAlexandria
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We went here on the 24th of may for a week. Holiday started bad when flight was delayed but obviously cant blame anyone for that. So we got to the hotel about 40mins from ariport, and there was a lad helping us to get the bags in which they dont ask for tips like some hotels. Because we was half board and would technically miss breakfast because of the delay they gave us a dinner voucher so that was great. We got to the room and it was a bit dated. but we said it will do as we were out during the day anyways. (apparently one guest said they refurbishing and got up to the 6th floor, we was on the 8th). Make sure you book the right room though, as a family of 3 adults above us had to pay £100 to upgrade from a double with extra bed, as the extra bed was a cot! All the staff in the hotel was very friendly and willing to help, cleaners changed the beds and towels everyday too.. And the cleaners are there all day cleaning the lobby and outside, never seen such a clean hotel before. The only problem was it was graduation week so alot of partys going on all night so ask for a room at the front or back facing the pool not the main road.. Now to the food.. Yes the do cater for the germans but they speak german so i couldnt see the problem, me myself im a fussy eater but i managed to eat all week, they did a different tea every night but make sure you go down at the start of service as they dont like to reheat food.. but they had chips, chicken, pasta, veg, stews.. personally i dont know why people are complaining they dont cater for english.. if you want english food stay at home! There was a lovely lad across the road, he had a resturant called Harry Rumsdans which did british food or there was a mcdonalds on the beach.. Location you cannot complain it was right on the sea front.. If you walk towards the beach and turn right there is a private beach but anyone can use it, it has got a hot water spring from the mountains and is lovely, but to get to it you have to walk about 500m and you will see a security hut just walk straight through, dont try and climb the wall like me and end up dislocating my shoulder.

I would recommend staying here for a budget hotel, as like i said your out all day..

Room Tip: Choose a family room, as the doubles are quite small.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Shereen P
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I was in this hotel (NOT POSSIBLE TO CALL IN THIS WAY) from 14 to 28 of august.
i had some (MANY!!!) problems:
- old mattress with IRON out of them....i returned with my back ILL!!!
- room WITHOUT air conditioned (broken)
- DINNER(?!?!) is from 6 to 8 pm....if you arrive at 7, you don't find nothing and few things cold!!!
the real problem is the STAFF!!!from first day me and my friend spoke about these problems, but no solution!!! I know many good bulgarian people, but not who works in this hotel (at first IRINA TODOROVA and TEODORA KOYCHEVA)
I hope this judice is good for people who goes in golden sands (BEAUTIFUL PLACE) and want spend a good holiday.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank gio c
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Yes I know my last review was not great but this hotel is in a great location and reasonably cheep.
This time I had a room as requested on booking eighth floor (gets over the noise from the street) and on the front with a good view over the beach and bar shop area. The room was ok size and cleaned every day, always tip the maid on the first day 20lev and had a good supply of clean sheets, towels and shampoo. B/B booked I know the food is pretty dire but the breakfast is ok and sets you up for the day. We had no trouble in the hotel with noise or youngsters. There were a lot of German, Polish young people around but they were boisterous but not over the top. Taxi Varna airport Ivan. alexir@abv.bg

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends