Hotel Varshava
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Imperial(Golden Sands)
View Hotel
Akazia I & II(Golden Sands)
Atlas Hotel(Golden Sands)
Aphrodite Hotel(Golden Sands)
Tsarevets Hotel(Golden Sands)
Hotel Royal(Golden Sands)
Perla Hotel(Golden Sands)
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 21, 2013

It certainly should not be passed as a hotel as its more like a youth hostel. The only good thing was the rooms were clean. The balcony was approximately 12 inches by 6 inches with a view of a hill. Staff were not very helpful. I would not recommend anybody with children or walking problems to stay here as its on a very steep hill. You needed a taxi to get back to the hotel. The food was inedable and what salad was left from the night before you had that for breakfast!!! I would never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank dolphinWolverhampton
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Well wat can i say! If youve read the other reveiws Ill agree with them,
Me and the wife whos wheelchair bound, saw this late cheap deal with Bahlkan Holidays in early July 2013 and booked it simply because we've never been to Bulgaria. When we arrived we found the hotel is on a steep embankment and we knew we were gonna have problems getting back with me pushing my wife in the wheelchair. The reception staff gave our appartment key, shown the lift for the disabled and we found our own way to the room. The room was very basic, shower/toilet room, two single beds a table to hold an old 16'' colour TV but it did have 50 channels. Entrance door to the balcony with a inland view of woods but no Aircon. And a large inbuilt cupboard for hanging your clothes etc. But it was clean and somewhere to sleep.
When we back downstairs, noticed alot of teenagers lounging around the reception. It looked more like an youth Hostel than an Hotel!. We went to the bar and had a beer but tasted as if it was watered down. We asked for a nescafe but they never heard of it. The evening meal wasnt much to be desired for, plenty of salad a choice of chicken wings, meatballs, boiled potatoes, rice and sliced ham. But everything was cold or luke warm and not protected from flies.When we were leaving we noticed there were more kids hanging around being boisterous showing their arrogance towards the other guests by pushing in while others tried to serve themselves, They also smoked while people were eating plus some were very liberal or wearing very skimpy bikinis. Must be my age!! These kids were in two three large groups and were either Romanian, Polish or Bulgarian.
Come the next morning we went down for breakfast and again plenty of salad which was dry and proberly from the night before, boiled eggs thin slices of ham or cheese which again was not protected from flies. Someone complained there was'nt any sausage beens or bacon but we are in Bulgaria! There was an electric toaster, must of been 20 years plus with no protective gaurd. When you put your bread on a circular metal rail it was supposed to rotate but you had to turn it yourself with a fork. Tea was made with watered down milk.
As the week continued more guests were complaing abouth the kids either of the noise they were making when returning from a night out or being intimidated I took my wife to the disabled toilet and found the lid broken, toilet paper stuffed down the toilet or left on the floor. Told the girl on reception but she didnt offer much help but a cleaner came. Another evening we were waiting for the disabled lift but had found the glass mirror had been heavily spat on.
The Varsharva dos'nt deserve a 2 star rating, its very basic, a place to sleep like the YMCA's There's no entertainment the bar closes at 10.00, the staff ar'nt very freindly or unsociable and everything seems to be to much for them. The food is'nt brilliant with no protection against flies and never heard of nescafe. Toilet cubicles have no locks plus one entrance for either sex. Not suitable for the elderly or disabled. If I had to pay more than 450.00 for one week for two I would seriously complain!
Golden sands has plenty of bars with entertainment, market. Jerrys bar "Hurry Ramsden" he sell alot of basic english dishs well worth the visit.

Room Tip: Book a room with inland view You will get the peace & quite but arent guarenteed aircon
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TheCarer2013
Reviewed July 7, 2013

went june 22nd - july 6th 2013, party of four, one disabled. DO NOT GO TO THIS HOTEL. worst hotel in golden sands. Nothing decent to eat at breakfast, did not have evening meal which we were glad about. Veranda 2ft wide maybe 3ft, rust on shower and taps, stood under shower and turned on but was still dry because water went everywhere else but on me. asked for plug for sink and was told we were not in england now!! toilet roll dirty grey colour. Would not advise anyone to stay at this hotel. we moved hotels after 4 days couldn't take anymore, which gave us best holiday. we would go back to golden sands but stay away from this hotel. Go to Jerrys Bar ( Hurry Ramsdens) near beach lovely food and friendly staff. wont let me add photos to prove this is bad hotel, but i have them.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Darren T
Reviewed October 17, 2012

My mum and i Visited Varshava in September 2010, it was a budget holiday at last minute, and everything was splendid Except the hotel. the brochure said 2* (I think Not)

There was NO entertainment. The buffet resturant offered the same dishes every day and there wasn't much to choose from, food was usually only just warm. The tables had unchanged table cloths and was small and dingy. The poolside seemed unsafe, cracked paving all around the pool and nearly always in the shade. The playpark on offer consisted of a few benches and some hopscotch boards on the floor. The bar was a sight for sore eyes with only white wine, tea coffee and beer on offer to all inclusive guests. The staff were unfriendly and there were other holiday makers complaining daily from the UK.

The room on the other hand were basic, but very clean everyday you would come back to your room and smell the disinfectant, rooms all came with bathrooms and balconys. We had a back room with views across the hills behind, quite shady but quiet. The TV had only 1 british sports channel and a bugarian weather channel which you could just about understand.

I would deffinately go back to Golden sands but i think you need to pay big money to get any decent hotel...

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank sammy435
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Late booking due to new job, able to share time with three of our grand children booked with Balkan Travel. I have spoken to them today and they say it is typical 2 star hotel but my aim is to get the Vasharva removed from the brochure. It is not fit for purpose and I would hope some of you will do the same. I am speaking to Abta.
Every friday Balkan travel take unsuspecting holiday makers arriving at night to the hotel from hell. We are 65yr and the girls are 4yr 12yr14yr we had to put our ages family resort. What tosh we arrived youth drunk all over the place Blackpool on steroids. Given keys to our 2 room not connecting but across the corridor 10th floor. Our room top to toe in a galley style bedroom across the corridor the girls had a folding chair for the 4yr old to sleep on. No air con, no fan temp in the 30s. and a balcony that Geogia could have fallen through Next morning the brits were revolting the rep had heard it all before lots of form filling and of course generally upgrade that cost is not an option particularly if you are on a tight budget. It is a con because you will find the money and put yourself in debt. If you are reading this and are there use the room to sleep in and then a really smart hotel to sunbathe and swim in their pool and eat out.. We were moved to a room on the 4th floor now we are 5 beds in a row but we have a fridge and airccon that doesn't work. This is the 3 star bit but we can't eat in the restaurant because it is reserved for the Polish children of course. Our neighbour is Bulgarian musician who happened to travel on the same flight. They stayed in another resort, when they came to see us he was appalled he had performed on Golden sands and said it was safe. The girls were approached everyday by unsavoury characters.
The volume of noise was always so high and continuous around the clock. We don't mind noise but this was unrelenting.
I e mailed Balkan and said I would pay we had to move sharing a space with Polish and Rumanian youth was not acceptable £600 00 we paid to upgrade. Six days of misery and then to the Shipka 3 star. Breakfast we could eat and towels and bed linen that didn't look as if it had cleaned the floor or the car. i will never go back to Bulgaria I felt bullied by all the eastern european who holidayed there. Balkan as of ttoday say we knew how it was hey ho don't go

Room Tip: do not go you will be disaappointedit is unsafe
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family