“Brilliant hotel”
Review of Laguna Park Hotel

Laguna Park Hotel
Ranked #12 of 221 Hotels in Sunny Beach
Reviewed October 3, 2013

We stay at this hotel from 2/9/13 - 17/9/13 and I have to say that this hotel was fantastic. Everyone was very friendly and always had a smile on there face. The bar staff were great always happy and chatty. My son who is 6 years got on great with Alex (barman) who always stopped and talked to him, the day we were leaving he also bought him a small toy car to say goodbye.

Rooms were cleaned everyday and fresh bed linen and towels were also provided. If your towels weren't on the floor they didn't change them. We had a twin room which had 2 single beds pushed together & a sofa bed for our son. The balcony was spacious with two chair, a table and a clothes dryer. The mini bar in our room was always stocked and if anything was used it was replaced and a bill left.

Food was good, they definitely catered for everyone and if you couldn't find anything you were definitely far to fussy. Choice of fish, chicken, beef everyday. Two different soups provided at both lunch and dinner. Snack bar served pizza, hot dogs, toasties & ice cream from 10am-6pm which was handy for a quick snack between meals.

The animation team were fantastic T-show (Tihomir), Kris, Monica, Flo & Eva. They were always out round the pool interacting with both children and adults. Different games to play everyday. The night time shows were good a lot of thought & planning went into everything they did. My son loved the club dance and still performs it at home.

We made some wonderful new friends (Scottish & Welsh) who we can't wait to see again - you no who you all are!! :)

Would definitely recommend this hotel and seriously don't listen to all the bad reviews this hotel is A+++ and is worth a visit. Can't wait to get back next year for another fantastic fortnight.

1  Thank AndyLouise2013
There are newer reviews for Laguna Park Hotel

Reviewed October 2, 2013

We are just back from Laguna Park and had amazing time defo booking up for next year. Animation team are amazing, they work very hard to make sure everyone has a great holiday, join in the fun and games best way to get to met new friends, my girls age 11 and 9 are missing them already. Foods is nice always something for everyone, snack bar is open 10am till 9pm toasties, hot dogs pizza and ice cream. Bar staff work very hard and always have a smile for you, dont be rude to them they have a hard job. Cleaners done a great job too. Free wifi was a bit of hit or a miss but you could pay to get it in your room, but whos comes on holiday to sit on the internet for the whole fortnight, but its cheap if you want too. We had great weather and met some lovely people. Please remember the staff work very long hours for rubbish wages be nice give tips that what they relay on. My family and I cant wait to go back next september. Missing you all Eva, Kris , Flo, Monica and Tisow (Tihomir) thanks for making our holiday full of great memories, also to our new Welsh and Irish friends x

3  Thank jaksjohn2013
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I have read a number of the previous comments and was at the hotel with quite a few of them. Hotels are strange, something different for every one and even when people share the experience they see things differently. The Laguna Park Hotel is one of these places. On arrival, in the early hours of the morning, we were happy with the way in which the receptionist dealt with us and went to our room and bed. In the morning on closer inspection, our room even though it was clean, was showing the signs of a long season, and there were a few areas that I am sure will be dealt with over the closed season. The food in the hotel is what most would expect from an all inclusive hotel and was a mixed buffet style service. There was no specific "Full English" type dishes, but more of a menu to meet with the expectations of most Europeans. It was fresh, plentiful and varied. This was to be the way it was for lunch and dinner also. I would not say that the food was excellent, but neither would I say that it was bad. I however enjoyed it, and my congratulations goes to the Head Chef, who could teach a certain cockney chef a lot about what to do with leftovers, without detracting from the overall standard of food. The drawback for me and those who travelled with me, was the fact that it is a family orientated hotel, and this led to a noisy, and not very peaceful holiday. Management have made an attempt to deal with this by providing quiet facilities at the second pool, away from the noise and the crowds. The hotel has three bars, one opened for restricted hours at the quiet pool, one by the main pool and one inside. This leaves a lot to be desired as there was no relaxing area in the evening. The seating at the main bar left a lot to be desired and resembled a cheap canteen and their was frequently queues to the bar, which was served by one person. In addition the softer seating just outside the bar, was old worm and very uncomfortable. To add insult to injury, the Animation Team held events for the children in this area. I am not critical of the team, and the children were having a great time, but there was no where for a quiet drink. In the bar and at the pool, the staff believed that the music from their almost coping speakers should be at maximum volume and stay blazing until 11pm each day. Again, for a lot of people, this meant that the opportunity to relax was taken from us. I was sunbathing one day listening to music through earphones, when the female bar person turned the music on and I could not hear mine. If she wanted to work in a disco, she should have. The location of the hotel is okay and the beach is not far away. Some on here have made mention of the reception staff, so here is my opinion. My friends who holidayed with me, had room 226 which when you sat on the balcony gave you an unrestricted view of a wall. So when they asked the holiday rep, if they could move, they were told to be at reception at 2pm. There was no rep their, so the same request was made to the receptionist. She asked my friend to return an hour later and she would check availability. He returned and was asked by the same person to come back in an hour so that she could check with her supervisor. He returned an hour later for her to be no where to be seen and the new receptionist was unwilling to assist. Unfortunately, every time that I went to ask for assistance or advice at reception, I was met with disdain, and a total lack of interest bordering on rudeness. On one occasion when I asked the receptionist not to be rude to me, she then ignored me. So my feelings are mixed, the hotel is a lovely place for location and if you like a boisterous family holiday, but not if you are there to relax. The food is neither excellent or bad and some will always find fault. But lastly, even though the staff in the restaurant, in the bars and the cleaners were friendly and helpful, the reception staff seem to have passed NVQ grade 1 in rudeness.

Room Tip: Do not stay in rooms where the numbers end in 24, 26, 28 or 30 in Block B, unless of course you wish...
Reviewed October 2, 2013

This was my first trip to Bulgaria and I had been recommended to stay at Laguna Park by my son. After reading some reviews I was a little worried about going but I think the bad reviewers went to a different hotel. Everyone from the staff at reception, porter, cleaning ladies and dining room were exceptionally kind and thoughtful. Whilst mentioning staff a special vote of thanks must go to Aysha and Rally working at the poolside bar who both worked tirelessly to ensure you really enjoyed your holiday. I read reports that the food was awful, NOT TRUE.The food was excellent and plentiful and if a little cool there were two microwaves for your use to warm it up. I would certainly return to Laguna Park and would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Brian M
Reviewed September 30, 2013

where do I start... booked this holiday with my boyfriend (£630 each can honestly say it wasn't worth it!) being told it was sea view... ermmmm where was the sea?! oh yeah 5 minutes walk away! some of the staff were nice but other than that they looked like they had been slap across the face with a fish!.. especially the girl at the pool bar!!! my boyfriend went up and got 2 beers and came back saying she gave him a funny look.. so next time we both went up and again gave us BOTH funny looks for no reason what so ever! a few days later I was at the wifi area and she walked past and sucked her teeth at me! my job includes customer service she obviously doesn't know what/how to act with paying customers.
and the chefs obviously don't know how to cook!
the food omg! I was living off bread feta cheese tomato's and onions maybe pizza hotdogs and pasta now and then! the quality of the food was absolutely disgusting! I don't even know what meat they were using but it was not beef! the pork was extremely fatty and the fish was very fishy (which means its not fresh!)
We definitely had a better time OUT of the hotel! I wish I never went a waste of £630 and unfortunately I didn't manage putting any weight on because I hardly ate anything!

But at least when we went to our room we were happy with the cleanliness :) the cleaner was probably the only person that worked their that I gave a tip because she deserved it. the room was nice a comfortable least I didn't have any problems in that era!

2  Thank Zoe L
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Stayed here for one week from 21/09/13. We had a good holiday overall and I did think it was good value for money. However I would rather pay a little extra for a better quality hotel and I would not choose to visit Sunny Beach as a resort again. I realise that everyone looks for different things in a holiday so this hotel and resort may suit some people really well but just not my cup of tea. To summarise:

Resort: Very commercialised. If you like lots and lots of shops and stalls selling fake sweatshirts, trainers etc, sex shops, erotic dance clubs and a variety of english/irish (never came across a scottish) pubs selling raffles, doing full breakfasts and karaoke, then this may be your cup of tea. If you prefer a nice relaxing break I would opt for the nearby Nesebar which has a quaint, cobbled, village feel and a picturesque harbour with restaurants offering lovely sea views. Sunny Beach did have a nice beach which was reasonably quiet, however I imagine this would not be the case in the high season and can imagine it would be really busy.

Hotel: Good points - Our room was comfortable and spacious enough. A bit like the quality of a Travel Inn which is more 3 star than 4 star in UK terms. However it was exceptionally clean and remained like that for the rest of our stay. The pools were also very clean and there were also always plenty sun beds (I feel this may not be the case in high season though). The animation team seemed really hard working and friendly, although it was all adults in our party so did not have that much dealings with them. The food was adequate, couldn't be described as 'gourmet' although you would have to be really fussy to starve. It was a bit repetitive but after speaking with some others who were staying in 5 star accommodation in Sunny Beach, I would say the food at Laguna Park sounded really good!
Bad Points - You could hear everything in the rooms from the outside corridor and we had a few nights very disturbed sleep. I actually went out to the offenders on the third night and they did apologise and move on. I can't imagine how bad this would be in peak season as the hotel was far from full occupancy. Although the rooms were very clean, some public areas didn't seem to be the same. Most glasses from the bar seemed to be still quite dirty and the snack bar looked a bit dodgy in the cleanliness stakes. With the exception of our room cleaner, the animation staff and the guy who looked for clients for the spa, most of the staff didn't seem to be too friendly. The hotel was in quite a busy area so did tend to be a bit noisy outside.
Overall, I think you get what you pay for and this holiday was really cheap so we can't really complain.

1  Thank angelasmith3
Reviewed September 29, 2013

i stayed at Laguna Park for 11 day's.. very clean hotel, nice room's, friendly happy animation team, the bad points were: rude bar staff, rude reception staff, under cooked food (meat) not alot to choose from when it came to desert, having to pay for internet in your room, the very loud music around the pool all day every day & the fact thomson did not tell me and my friend that all the night club's had closed when we got there, which is the main reason we had booked this holiday. all of the all inclusive drinks were either too strong and tasted like paint stripper or were so watered down they were un drinkable, so maybe improve the drinks. also the orange juice in the machines was actually orange SQUASH. but other than that, nice pool, clean friendly hotel & beautiful place. especially the beach & excursions. had an amazing holiday other than those things.

Room Tip: if you can, get a pool view room, their much bigger & nicer than the 'twin' room's.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends