“The animation team are excellent and the hotel is lovely!”
Review of Laguna Park Hotel

Laguna Park Hotel
Ranked #11 of 221 Hotels in Sunny Beach
Leeds, United Kingdom
“The animation team are excellent and the hotel is lovely!”
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Having read mixed reviews over the hotel and Bulgaria, we were sceptical when arriving at the resort. Our group consisted of six 19 year olds. The hotel was extremely clean and comfortable, with a pleasant atmosphere. The food choice was really wide, having different meals each night, and when there was nothing people liked in our group they always headed to the snack bar for something to eat (toasties, sandwiches, hot-dogs and pizza).
The pool area was really enjoyable, the animation team were excellent, and always provided entertainment and activities for you to do, even though at first we weren't as keen on the idea of joining in by the end of the holiday we were participating in everything! The animation team couldn't have done any more to be more enjoyable and interested in you.
The general area around the hotel is really pleasant and friendly, and it isn't far from the main strip for restaurants, bars and the beach.
Overall we had a really good holiday and would definitely return to the resort, Definitely worth the money.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the main pool may be noisier due to the entertainment provided, however we stayed on th...
2 Thank bubblybex101

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (326)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Have just got back from one week in Laguna Park with 4 other friends, It was my first time in Bulgaria and so I wasn't sure what to expect.
However the hotel was great, full of friendly staff especially the Animation team who put a lot of hard work into their jobs and are really fun and easy to get along with. Also try to catch at least one of their shows as some of them are really funny.
The pools were nice too, its good that they have two as they have the main one in which most of the activities from the Animation Team take place and then there is another one that is a little more quieter, so it can suit any mood.
The hotel is only a 5-10 minute walk away from the beach which is useful too.
So I would recommend this hotel to others as I enjoyed my first time here in Bulgaria and I would probably come back soon.

2 Thank Jamie W
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Having read all the reviews before we went I was worried , how wrong was I , hotel was wonderful , right in heart of sunny beach , this hotel is great for families and couples , the staff were attentive to our needs especially the animation team who work from morning to night keeping the adults and kids entertained , we went with our son and his friend who are both 12 and they had a great time , coco , daisy ,dumbo and team are the best and made our stay more enjoyable , food was ok at hotel and even picky eaters could manage to eat something , rooms were clean and tidied everyday , only bad things I could find are the seating for the entertainment is uncomfortable as it's tiered seating and reminds me of football stands and the fights for sun loungers , people put towels on loungers and leave them all day , surely the hotel could remove them if unattended , we will def be back to this hotel in the future as we had a great holiday .

• Stayed July 2012
9 Thank cherylscott329
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 17, 2012

I came here with 2 other lads. It was our first visit to Bulgaria and our first all-inclusive trip and cost us around £500 each for a week which I thought reasonable for all inclusive, I could be wrong though as I have nothing to compare to.

As the coach pulled round the corner we were looking for the usual rubbish hotel tell-tale signs, like letters missing from the hotel name sign or burnt out cars on the road leading up to the hotel (we had that at our hotel in Kos last year) Fortunately all was good! The complex was bigger than I initially thought too, with 2 big main buildings and 2 pools. The receptionists were friendly on arrival, as were the security guards.

The hotel was just around the corner from some shops and restaurants and was only 5 minutes’ walk away from the main bars/clubs and the beach.

Our room wasn't anything special comprising of 2 single beds and a sofa bed (which was not comfortable). We thought this was the standard but later found out from a group of 3 girls that if you complain you get a room that actually has 3 beds! The room has a fridge, TV, shower and wardrobe. It was plenty big enough for 3 guys. It also had air con which is a must have seeing as the temperatures were hitting 30-35 degrees throughout the day.

The maids cleaned the room every day and changed the towels if we left them on the floor. The beds were made every day but the sheets weren't changed every day and we had a suspicion that they just swapped the bed sheets between beds on one day because one of us had a drunken fall and obtained a cut which left a few small bloody marks on the sheets, marks which later appeared on the opposite bed!

The food was the bit that worried me the most as I'm quite picky sometimes and I expected to be struggling to find something I liked, I was pleasantly surprised! There was a large selection of dishes of varying meats including veal, plus the usual potato, chips or pasta. There was also a selection of sandwich meats, vegetables and salads along with a choice of 2 different soups each day and a selection of brown/white breads. To drink you could have lager, red or white wine, juice or water, this is on referring to the restaurant, other drinks were available at the bar. The above applied at lunch and dinner times. I can't comment on breakfast as we were getting in from the club at 6am so weren't out of bed until 11:30am at the earliest! Breakfast ended at 10am.

If you missed any of the meals there was a snack bar round the back where you could get hot dogs, pizza slices or a variety of toasties. The hot dogs were quite good for a hangover! The snack bar closed when the pool did at 6pm.

At night we headed to the bar of which there was one inside, one outside by the main pool and a daytime bar at the pool across the road. We spent most of our nights drinking at the main pool bar until it closed at 11pm then we headed into the town. Most of drinks were the same that you could get in the restaurant plus cocktails and mixers. The only disappointing thing was the fact that we couldn't get a pint, the lager was served in small, child-like, coloured plastic cups!

Now the bad bits. On the 2nd day I had my sunglasses (expensive prescription ones) stolen from my sun lounger. I reported it to reception but there was nothing they could do. I also spoke to a woman later that day that had her digital camera stolen too, from her sun lounger. Lesson learnt the hard way there. Getting a sun lounger was a pain too. There were signs asking people not to reserve sun loungers but obviously no one paid attention to these signs. At times there were probably 80+ sun loungers with towels on them but only about 30 people around the pool area. Make sure you get up early to get one, otherwise you end up with the dirty ones under the trees with the ants like we did! The other annoyance was kind of my fault a little bit. I lost the safety deposit box key at the beach, when I explained it to reception they literally told me “tough luck”. I pressed them a bit harder and eventually they told me to speak to the manager who was out all day and eventually turned up 5 hours later. It’s my fault for losing the key but I would have thought they would have had a contingency plan. In the end they found a spare which cost me 60 Lev but it took them literally 8-9 hours to sort it out. Finally the biggest pain was the fact that we were kicked out of our room at 12pm and our transfer coach wasn’t arriving until 1:30am, a full 13 and a half hours we had to wait without having a room to go to. We offered to pay for late checkout but we were too late.

All in all the hotel, food and services were pretty good but I would be more wary of sticky fingers and make sure to ask about late check-out ASAP. I would probably come here again.

Room Tip: If you travel as a threesome don't settle for the horrid sofa bed, complain to reception and the...
5 Thank Lee_Bold
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Have just got back from 2 weeks in Laguna Park with my boyfriend and have to say despite initial reservations we had an awesome time.
When we arrived we wondered what we had booked, seemingly arriving into a newer version of Benidorm, Sunny Beach seemed very 18-30's, are mood was not helped by our room (703) which was small, smelt of damp and had a veiw of a partially completed hotel.

It took 3 days of requests to reception (who are beyond rubbish), but we were evetually moved to another room (406), still in the main hotel (A Block), but overlooking the quiet pool. This room was lovely and so was the cleaner who made sure our room was spotless every day and who always said morning and had a smile for us. I didn't hear anyone else complain about their rooms so I think we just got unlucky with the first one. The rooms are basic, but have everything that you need and the bathrooms are spacious with walk in shower cubicles.

The food was exactly what you would expect from an all-inclusive, fairly reptitious, but there was always something that you liked/wanted and it was of a good quality, our only issue was that it was hardly ever hot, but this is quite common in all-inclusives as they are catering for so many people. If you want 5 star food then go to a 5 star hotel! The great thing about Sunny Beach though is that if you fancy a change, eating out is really cheap!! If you are going out to eat though make sure you turn left out of the hotel instead of right as it is much cheaper away from the central strip.

We spent the first couple of days at the busier pool, but the rest of the holiday at the quieter pool as we much preferred it and it was easier to use the pool without all the various activites that take place in the busier pool. It is also much easier to get a sunbed at the quiet pool, even when it was busy you would have a good choice until about 11am. There are bars at both pools which is great, but it is a bit of a trek from the quiet pool to the snack bar or ice-cream stations. I would suggest to them that they put an ice-cream station in the foyer of block D which overlooks the quiet pool.

Generally the hotel was very clean and we never had an issue with any of the pool areas cleanliness.

We went on the Jeep Safari and the VIP Cruise and went to Khan's Tent and the Aqua Park at Nessebar, all of which I would recommend (especially the Aqua Park), but you do pay more booking it through your rep than the various places nearby that sell the same trips. We also had a turkish bath in the hotel spa on the first day - this was AMAZING and I would recommend to everyone. It was VERY relaxing and got our skin all prepped and ready for a tan :0) It cost around £40, but was about 3 hours long.

Generally speaking we loved Sunny Beach by the end of the holiday and did not want to come home, the ability to go out and it be so cheap were great ( we spent the Wimbledon final in a bar eating a drinking, came out well fed and more than a little tipsy and it had cost us 70 lev which is about £30 - we wouldn't have got the food for £15 each back here, let alone the 10 pints and various coctails!!). Everywhere does constant happy hours on the coctails (buy one get one free) and I would recommend the Sky Bar for a varied menu and potent coctails and the Luxury bar on the beach for somewhere a bit nicer!

Thomson advertise this as a 3.5 star hotel and I think that is about right, better than a 3 star, but not quite a 4. If I was recommending someone to Sunny Beach I would tell them to stay here if they got a good deal, but at the Riu Helios Palace round the corner if they can get it for a similar price.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a pool view as some of the other views are of other properties.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Sers77
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 14, 2012

My fiance and our two sons 7 years old and six months are just back from Laguna Park Hotel after 14 night stay and we can honestly say it was an amazing experience. My oldest son loved the kids club from 10 til 1 then 4 till 6 favourite ever kids entertainer was Flo, she is FANTASTIC with the kids my son went treasure hunts, had pool parties, painted a dinousaur model, the amount of energy Flo had to keep these kids going was terrific. The animation team were really good, shows every night or pool party.Couldn't have asked for better !!!

The food was great, so much of it, never had the same food twice until about the ninth day it which was so good, chefs were friendly even tho not much english spoken apart from the big one with the hat , chicken,veal,pork,fish,chips,pizza,veg,salads,soups, cannot complain about the food.

Our room was lovely, maids are soo good never stop cleaning, place is spotless. Clean towels everyday, nothing went missing from our room ever and we left suitcases open. Air conditioning was a must !!!! Pool was great, didn't ever manage to get a bed at the lively pool but the quiet one still had music, and barman was a good guy to Hristian, never stopped pouring drinks, especially my green magics :)

we went to mcdonalds one night whilst out shopping and found out it was veeeeeery expensive so instead had a chicken kebab, wasn't good at all got it from a greek place on the corner by the beach, big slice of pizza 2 lev if you go out of hotel and turn right it at the end of the street on the corner.

Overall don't know if I mentioned this but FLO was amazing, we all wished we could bring her home with us, that girl does a fantastic job!!!! Would DEFINATELY go back!!!!!

Room Tip: BLOCK D great view of the pool , very very clean.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank vickie m
Reviewed July 12, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed here for a week beginning the 2nd July for our first holiday together and put it this way we didn't want to come home! So the hotel must've done something right!
Initially I was a bit disappointed with the hotel - we arrived at 10.00pm so missed the buffet and we weren't given any food at all - yet another couple we met did; there was no towels in the room so I had to ask for some - this was quickly solved by the polite and great cleaning staff who did an excellent job. They were always cleaning and the room was spotless and we always had fresh towels when we needed them. Also they were cleaning all the public areas lots too and the hotel smelt very fresh.
When we arrived I was very impressed with the lobby and seating areas - very modern, clean, tidy and airy.
Another downside was no kettle in the room - I guess this is due to it being an all inclusive hotel.
Throughout the week I started to get to love the hotel. There are two pools, one being hectic and you can't even get a sun bed at 9am! So either wake up at 7 to get your towels down or go to the other pool. This one is miles quieter, at 9am there was just us two and another couple with a son - dead! Both pools have bars which is great. Even at 2pm we managed to get a choice of sun beds in the other pool! To get to this pool, leave the hotel by the main door at the front, turn immediately right and you will see it on your left, right near the new part of the hotel.
Another minor downside was the view from out balcony. Being on the second floor all we could see was a wall and the tops of buildings.
Nevertheless the air con kept the room very comfortable and we slept like logs on very comfortable beds. The facilities were excellent - other than no kettle!
The all inclusive package is great, drinks unlimited (local alcohols only) and reasonably good cocktails. A snack bar all day which served lovely pizza and great toasties. This is a bit difficult to find though, you need to walk through the restaurant and into the outside seating and follow the building round to the left and you will find it.
Onto the food. Many people complain in droves about this, but you have to consider one thing. The hotel has 600 odd rooms meaning at the least 1200 people to serve. Hence there isn't going to be fine dining. So considering this the food was excellent. Albeit some things looked horrible, there was always something to fill me up (and my girlfriend found it ok too). The bulgarian night on Tuesday was the best night with some great dishes to try. However, the supposed Oriental/Asian night on Friday was about as oriental as the Tower Of London!!
The pools were very clean and the sun beds reasonably comfy. The location is great, not too far from the beach, but far enough from the centre as not to hear all the clubs at night - the rooms were very quiet.
Overall I enjoyed my stay here very much. However I wouldn't come back as there are other hotels in Sunny Beach which are 4* and look much better. I would recommend it to couples or families as there isn't many rowdy teenagers and it is cheap.
Tips: Use the quieter pool and ask for a room on the top few floors overlooking the pool as you will see the sea from your balcony.

Room Tip: Choose a room overlooking to pool and nearer the top of the hotel - will overlook the sea.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Iberostar Sunny Beach Resort
Iberostar Sunny Beach Resort
#2 of 221 in Sunny Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,267 reviews

Been to Laguna Park Hotel? Share your experiences!