“Massive menu!”
Review of Restaurant Marina

Restaurant Marina
Ranked #10 of 196 Restaurants in Sunny Beach
Reviewed May 7, 2019

Great food at good prices. Pasta dishes are really good, pizzas great. Evening entertainment is good too.

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank _jbejjwilliams

Reviewed January 27, 2019 via mobile

Visited with a friend while we were on holiday. This place was recommended by a Facebook group I am in as we wanted some nice food. We both loved the set up and happy we arrived during happy hour which meant two cocktails for the price of one. Food was stunning too. Waitress was a bit slow in bringing the bill and also she kept the change without my friend telling her to. We soonearnt after that by saying thank you as you handed payment to them that it meant they interpret the thank you as "keep the change". Lesson learnt. This place seemed full of British customers and seemed really popular... Especially the Sunday roast. Will definitely visit again when we holiday here next.

1  Thank samneheslom7112
Reviewed November 29, 2018

If you are attracted by the kerbside appeal of restaurants, then this place would probably be avoided. it doesnt look much from either the outside or inside.

We ate here several times at lunch, and found the food was excellent, tasty, value for money and the beer cheap. Just what we wanted.

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank debkat
Reviewed October 3, 2018

Have been going to Sunny Beach for years and have walked by this wee place many time, now we have tried it wish we had gone in years ago!
It doesn't look like much from the outside, just a doorway on the strip near the Globus, this year we thought aye lets go for it. So glad we did.
Welcomed through the door like long lost relatives, we chose a table on the wee terrace out the back as it was a nice day. waitresses very attentive and we had 2 beers up in jig time. The food was fantastic and not the ridiculous mountains of stuff you get in some places but, what you needed freshly made, well presented and tasty, what more do you need for a meal?
We did go back a couple more times and was just as good.
The lady at the door, Rosa? was so lovely as we left.
Will go back again next year.

2  Thank john l
Reviewed September 25, 2018 via mobile

We had planned to eat at a different restaurant but walked down the strip to build up a hearty appetite, we stopped at the Marina having never been here but as it had a lot of good reviews so at least a drink is a good start. But as with all meals out there's a lot more to a restaurant experience than just the food. Being in the week where its end of season when the sun is covered by canopies, greenery and drafts with every door back front and side wide open it began to chill quickly so we moved inside from the canopies area.. it was still cold and drafty but we sat in a corner putting on our jackets, we decided to give the food a go.

The menu was amateurish and not very well laid out or clear.. the two for one cocktails were not listed anywhere ingredients the alcohokic drinks so I stuck to what I could see and ordered a Creme De menthe.. the wait in between ordering was not good.. the restaurant was not in the least busy and the waitress though briefly pleasant once we did manage to get her attention seemed more interested in chatting with her colleagues than being attentive. Once our drinks arrived we asked for a few more minutes to look at the menu.. and waited and waited and waited some 15 or so minutes before we grabbed her attention as she kept dissappearing.

What I wanted on the menu was not available but I was so hungry by this point I'd have eaten a cat had she suggested it! I took her suggestion of a mixed Chicken and Pork meat grill, it comes with chips which I'm not a fan of but there didn't seem to be a choice what it's served with.

After a lengthy wait, I have to say the sizzling skillet looked mouth watering and was faultless to taste.. food was delicious. I ate a few chips served on a side plate but as always they go cold quickly which is one of the reasons I hate chips. During the meal one side door was closed but it was still quite drafty, the other few guests were also rubbing there arms or putting cardys on so it wasn't just me!

The ambience was not great, just looked more like a cafe than a restaurant, the local Bulgarian music playing was not in relation to what was being shown on the TV screen.. then after almost an hour the speaker music changed to an Ingleburt Humperdinck play list.. very nice I'm not adverse to a bit of Ingleburt but... random.

The toilet facilities could have been better, plastic opagued fronted doors neither of which had a lock that worked.. no toilet roll in one toilet and with empty rolls on the floor.. trust me to pick the one with non!

The air dryer was very poor quality and only one so you felt rushed when another guest was waiting.

Overall, the only good thing was the food.. the rest left me cold and definitely not been enough to entice me to walk in here again.