Trakia Plaza Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Trakia Hotel(Sunny Beach)
View Hotel
Trakia Garden Hotel(Sunny Beach)
Hotel Baikal(Sunny Beach)
  • Restaurant
Bohemi Hotel(Sunny Beach)
  • Pool
Tia Maria Hotel(Sunny Beach)
Amaris Hotel(Sunny Beach)
Golden Dreams(Sunny Beach)
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Smolyan(Sunny Beach)
Iskar Hotel(Sunny Beach)
  • Restaurant
Balaton Hotel(Sunny Beach)
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Landed last night after first trip to Sunny Beach.Have a property there that I never visited due to
exhorbitant flight prices! Heard nothing but bad reviews about Sunny beach, people, food, horror stories etc....so decided to find out for self.
Just a point to note. Trakia is divided into the hotel, the apartments (selfcatering) and the trakia plaza aparthotel. We stayed in the later...
On arrival the room was spotless couldnt fault it...
Staff were welcoming and smiling...
Most clientele were Russian or German, met no Irish or English while there.
Eating out dirt cheap...full and I mean FULL english breakfast...6 lev...or 3 euro.
24 hour supermarket handy on corner.
Few minutes walk to left into tack central or thump thump go go land if thats what you fancy!
Bus ride to right into a unesco heritage site....! something for everyone....
Couldnt reccommend highly enough...am looking up flights to go back...
Anyone ever manage a flight in Feb/Oct? I know I know....mad but would be interested to see place then...
Go with open mind be as alert as you would here re: valuables etc. Enjoy!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Ann M
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I just spent a week at Trakia Plaza on Sunny Beach and it was the worst treatment I ever received anywhere in the world. This hotel should be avoided if you are looking for a relaxing, pleasant holiday. If you have not travelled, you might find it OK at first, but if you have seen a normal hotel, you will know the difference. I have never in my life been treated like this before. The management of this hotel is not for the guests, they are the most unprofessional hotel staff ever. The manager called me straight a liar just because I was unhappy about a few things during my stay. When I asked for a complaints book, I was given a sheet of paper from the printer (!) and told that they don't have a complaints book - isn't that illegal in the EU these days? At the restaurant, the same morning, one of the waiters took our friend's bag from the chair while they went to get food, took it in the back of the kitchen and opened it without them present... all this because they put a few slices of bread in it for the children later on. Isn't it illegal to take someone's property like that???? Even if you steal something in a shop (which is far from what happened here, since we paid for our food), they call the police and even the police asks you to open your bag, in your presence... And to do this for a couple of slices of bread, this is unbelievable.

On the day of our departure, we asked for the manager at 10 am, as there were a few things that piled up during the week. In hindsight I should have done this at least the day before. The receptionist was very rude, refusing to call the manager, saying 'she needs to work now' or 'she left already', only for the manager to show up at 12:00 at checkout and asking two security guards to remove us from the hotel. Apparently a family with two small children (2 and 4) are a real threat to this hotel.

Also be aware that the All inclusive policy is not necessarily all inclusive, it feels more like your meals are navigated by the hotel and the restaurant, never looking to be flexible, but rather convenient for the hotel and the staff, and always cost efficient. I have been to other hotels on Golden Sand beach with All inclusive stay, and that really meant that I could always have a bite somewhere if I missed a meal, could get a drink practically any time, have a coffee in the bar in the morning (at least from the machine) if I wanted one. In Trakia Plaza, they don't offer anything in the lobby bar until 10, they even turn off the machine or take out the coffee from it, saying you should go to the restaurant (outside the hotel) and drink that awful coffee from there. At the restaurant, you only get a soft drink at breakfast if you pay for it, and the water in the watertank for sure is tapwater (there is bottled water again at a cost if you are too sensitive, like I was). Again after 6 pm, when dinner starts, you cannot get a cup of coffee at the hotel, only at the restaurant. At the front desk, you have an English description of the All inclusive policy, describing what is included and what is available at extra payment. Next to it, there is another list, only in Bulgarian, of another 20-30 items you need to pay for, including parking, and it is not cheap either.

Finally, to top it all, we got a nice beer glass with a local brand logo on it in Nessebar, only to have the cleaning lady take it from our room the next day, thinking it was from the hotel bar (I don't need to mention that they didn't have anything similar in the bar, only simple glasses and plastic cups), and when we noticed it the next morning, it was already gone from the bar. At this point, this was no longer about the beer glass, but rather about the attitude we received when we asked for it. They sent the cleaning lady to our room to pay for it. Poor thing, it was not her fault, the guy in the bar should not have taken it in the first place, he knew it was not from there...

Anyways, I am never going to recommend this hotel, in fact, I will make sure that the second class citizen treatment I received here is gonna be heard on all Forums, hotel associations, etc. No one should be treated the way we were treated, if they pay the amount of money we paid for our stay at Trakia Plaza.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank m t
Reviewed August 14, 2012

i'll first talk about the hotel, then the restaurant/more a cafeteria and the resort itself. this was my first visit to bulgaria seaside, nice but expected more

rated as a four star hotel you would expect maybe more, but for a bulgarian 4 start hotel i can say you get what you paid for. the rooms are big, clean, comfortable bed, a big balcony and also a clean bath with towels etc. you will find a small tv and a refrigerator but no wifi, and also the AC tend to be powerless sometimes. the room is cleaned every day.

about the facilities, the hotel has a nice swimming pool, just 1m depth (too small for me!) with a non functional poolbar (althoug there is a bar near the pool), and 2 slides that were actualy very fun, i also saw there was a children pool. be aware, although it never felt like overcrowded you will not find a seat if you dont go early in the morning an mark them with a towel. this will be very very disturbing!! also there are pool tables and ping pong but low quality, and wifi in the lobby. i saw there were just 10-15 parking lots.

the restaurant, for sure not a 4 star one. the breakfast was the weekest meal of the day, actualy very poor. the lunch and dinner are better. you will find 10-12 tipes of food, a lot of fruits, sweets, even fish. the food is good looking and enough but not that tasty, some even had a bad taste, some were actualy good.

the resort/station is very big, crowded, but with a lot of restaurants, bars, clubs, a big beautiful beach and blue sea. the prices are ok to big, comparable to the ones you will find in greece. this tend to be a place where you go more to have fun then to relax, more for big party groups of people then families. very active nightlife with a lot of places to dance and drink (around 15 leva is the entrance) if you can exchange leva in your country do it!! the rates aren't that good at all, although there are a lot of places whre you cna exchange money

as a conclusion, i had fun there and maybe i'll come back but not in the near future. if you want more quality(food, drinks, hotel facilities), better choose greece, the prices as i sad are comparable maybe just 10-15% higher

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
7  Thank deired
Reviewed August 1, 2012

stayed in one bedroom apartment with my wife and daughter in Jyly. really good room with two toilets and bathroom, individual air condition in each room, huge balcony. 4 minutes walking to the sea. a lot of restaurants and bars with tasty and very cheep food.
the only thing is the housekeeping not working properly.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Paul_Koreshkov
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Very unfriendly staff, food was terrible and the performer/singer at diner made me suicidal. I normally don't post comment on hotels but this was over the top. never again

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends