“dont go”
Review of Hotel Aquamarine

Hotel Aquamarine
Ranked #144 of 221 Hotels in Sunny Beach
Reviewed June 19, 2013

first time to Bulgaria on arrival 3 ladies in our fifties were supposed to of had a triple room instead we had two twin and one camp bed bed bugs bit me so following day we told rep and were moved to another room where we sprayed beds with insect repellent every nite food was awfull we were all incl cereal boiled egg and fried egg toast was available rest of food looked and was allways cold staff were very miserable one morning I complained that a pillow case on the bed which had just been put on was filthy dirty after that we were not given 3 towels only 2 between 3 bins were not emptied at the end of the week we asked to keep room on as we had a late flite charged 60 lev which was fine but we couldn't shower for hours as there was no water in hotel maybe this wasn't their fault but who knows then we were told we had cracked a lamp and marked a disgusting towel which was not ours and said they wanted 125 lev for this we went back one day there were kids running wild in our room who must of cracked the lamp there are about 15 kids around the age of 11 who come every day there fill pool and run wild only one lift pool area was fine with music but that is it we are not moaners and were out most of the time when we left there were 7 English 4 of which are now home they also embarrassed me last day went to so called restaurant when a woman came and took BOWL OF SOUP off me said our all incl had finished so out of 7 days all incl we were only allowed 5 days terrible terrible terrible no idea my advice from 3 very easy going ladies DO NOT GO

Room Tip: ask for pool view only couple lev more
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank charmainbutler
There are newer reviews for Hotel Aquamarine

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Just come back from a 2 week holiday here... Had a lovely time in SB, the hotel in general was very clean and nice, rooms were spacious and had a nice bathroom. Only let down for me was the food! There was things that were edible like chips and spaghetti, but I would say the hotel mainly caters for the Russians etc, I did not go there expecting luxurious food but did expect more than spaghetti and chips.
This is a nice quiet hotel which is located a Bit further out to the centre was about a 10 minute walk and half an hour walk down on to the main strip(clubs). Have read on some of the reviews there were no paths to walk on but we never had this problem if you are going into sunny beach u simply walk out on the left and carry on to the end of the road to pedestrian crossing.
The one manager was nice the woman was more miserable, the staff could of spoken a bit more English as they never knew what we were saying and would give u a dirty luck if they couldn't understand you!
You will only get wi-fi in the hotels lobby, bar and outside on the seating area , not in room! Rooms were always cleaned with fresh bedding and towels. There Are no English channels on the tv although on a tv channel polonia there were sometimes subtitles!

I would not go back to this hotel as much as I did think it was a nice hotel, I would just prefer something a bit more central.

Room Tip: Get a pool view room, as was told scenery over the back was not very nice!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Kirsty-1992-x
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We spend 10 nights in this hotel in summer 2010. It was relatively good holiday, although we have a few little misunderstandings with the staff - they didnt understand English much. There were no wifi conection in the room and sometimes it was really slow even in the lobby. The room was cleaned everyday, food (we have only breakfast) was good, but nothing special. Pool was a bit small, you cannot swimm in it much, but we didnt mind. Beach was like 300m from the hotel, it was not overcrowded, clear water, just fine.

I would recommend this hotel, do not expect any luxury, it is an average 3-star hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Eva649
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Very clean hotel, nice staff, family owned. 2 things I did not like. The hotel was occupied with people from Israel (very rude, laud, no manners whatsoever), and BEFORE WE BOOKED THE ROOMS we call them and specifically asked for working wi fi. Got a room on the last floor. No internet! The wi fi did not get to the last room on the top floor. Great huh? I spent most of my stay at the lobby bar because I was did not have an internet access in my room. What a pleasure! They say(friends) the location was great but I still find it very "interesting", you walk on a street with passing you by cars, a street with no sidewalk to get to the restaurant-nightclub area in Sunny Beach. I I did not like Sunny Beach at all. Overrated and a bit crazy place. To describe it with one word-madness!

Room Tip: Away from the pool, or you will have to listen to some night Hebrew drunks singing under your balcon...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Maggie13_11
Reviewed August 22, 2012

It was a 10 days stay in this 4* hotel. It was a doublebed-room with a spare-bed. Nothing special, they give a normal 4* level, cleaning, change towels, etc. etc. etc. Sorrily no minibar in the room (only the place in the cupboard) and no english (or hungariaan) tc-channel on the sat-tv.
The restaurant ( this is indicated as 3* only) was god at brekfast-time and a little monotonic at lunch and dinner. Not too much of steak or fish, but sometimes special bulgaian meals, it was delicious.
About the personal. We meet the hotelprsonal twwice, at the check in, and the check out, it is god, there was nothing to do with. The F&B Manager a fantastique professional lady, a very friendly and kind top perssonal, She has a difficult work to lead an unprofessional team ( except in the kitchen) Would it possible to give them a T-shirt with the hotel-logo, just to see they are not guests.
At the end.. The sea is cca 500m to the hotel, and not easy to approach even with car ( there is no possible to get a parking-place) Pool is in god measure, not to much people in it, I think because the water is cooooooooooooooool, after some hot days too. But there were no penguins, seals or polar bears, just guests.
To sum up, it was a god time to have a rest and the rate eq. to the price.
Have nice days
George

Room Tip: Try to get a room to the sea-side, upper then 2-th floor
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Papiking
Reviewed July 27, 2012

The worst hotel in my life. The meal , the food could not be eat even the pigs. An incredible bad experience ! Just thinking about this hotel and my worst holiday ever and i get a great abomination. Please dude don t come here !! Bypass this hotel !! Is not a 3 * hotel , and the restaurant is a realy piggery with frozen fish soup, reused daily food and so forth.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
8  Thank seby63ro
Reviewed February 12, 2012

Sunny Beach is a nice place for vacation, but unfortunately the hotel where we stayed was not what we expected- we booked a 4 star hotel, but Aquamarine can not be more than 2 stars!!
The food was terrible, so was the coffee and the drinks and the bar... the pool looks like a puddle and the water is full with chemicals... one of my friends even had unpleasant rush because of that!!
The Bulgarian Black Sea coast is definitely amazing, but if you plan your vacation in Sunny beach, better go to a nicer hotel!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends