“Great hotel, with a few drawbacks.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Tiara Beach

and 1 more site!
Tiara Beach
Ranked #14 of 221 Hotels in Sunny Beach
Helsinki, Finland
“Great hotel, with a few drawbacks.”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Me and my girlfriend just returned home from a wonderful week at Tiara Beach.

First the positive:

We were looking for a good relaxing week and were very pleased when all the young party people got off at other hotels. We only found families and young couples at Tiara Beach.

The food was great, lots to choose from and we always found something new we wanted seconds of. A few times we ate outside of the hotel, but we would say everything holds the same quality as the food on the hotel, so you don't miss that much if you eat a lot at the hotel.

You get to choose from a list of 15 "cocktails" from the hotell, i would rather call them grogs ;)
Most of them are so sweet that you'll make faces for an hour according to me, my girlfriend liked them though.
I stuck to the Gin & Tonic, which is made from a decent gin, and mixed 50-50, just the way a good G&T should be!

Rooms are clean and very nice, we had a junior suite, very large room with a nice and quiet AC.
The rooms have a safe you can rent, but they are quite small, my 13" laptop wouldn't fit in it (crappy macbook pro). So i just left it in the room on the table, nothing got stolen at all by the cleaners or other people so you can trust the staff.

The pool was nice, though it could use a bit more cleaning, the bottom is really sandy and you sometimes find band-aids and other not so fresh things on the bottom.

Location is awesome, it takes just a minute or two to go to the beach, and maybe 15 min to the main strip. You can always take the minitrain that goes back and forth all day, or just take breaks at one of the many restaurants and pubs that are on the way there.

Now on to the drawbacks:

The animation team. The kids loved them, but when the kids disco ended and they tried to make a show for the adult audience it was terrible. TERRIBLE!
They have one or two decent dancers, but since the stage is so small the one impressive dance is repeated alot.
Otherwise the just mime, that's right you heard me, mime!

They put on a night show of Grease for example, they play the music, stand there in bad costume, rock back and forth and mime to the lyrics. The fact that they don't know the lyrics doesn't help. My girlfriend was raging every night at this show holocaust. I always thought it would be a fun laugh to see how they would ruin good songs every night but couldn't take more then 10 minutes of it. The show is on the level of 10 year olds. It's bad and they should feel bad.

Another drawback, THE GUESTS.
oh my god what has happened to people these days?
First of all, the pool area, reserving beds is not allowed and sometimes the staff goes around and removes a few towels. But the cunning guest has this figured out. Often one poor family member goes down to the pool at around seven-eight and takes six sunbeds. Then she sits there for hours waiting for the rest of the family. Or they sit there for an hour, then goes to lunch, and for a trip on town before returning and getting their gear at around 18 before dinner...

The same at dinners, even if you are early, there are one child or parent sitting at every 6 person table in the outside area reserving tables so long that many people got there, eat and leave before the reserved family arrives.

Also, the hotel guide book as well as a huge sign outside the restaurant says that during dinner no shorts or swimwear is allowed. Nice!

Do you think anyone cares, people with long pants could be counted on one finger, while the rest of the guests DIDN'T EVEN BOTHER TO BRING THEIR SWIMTOYS TO THEIR ROOM SO THEY BRING IT TO THE BLEEPING DINNER AREA!!
And then grown men to their best to try to cut in lines and ruin the dinner for everyone else.

Seems this has been such a big problem with guests that the staff doesn't even care anymore, which is sad because this is probably my main drawback with the hotel.

Love the hotel! If only they were harder in their rules it would be 5/5, but thanks to lax rules and guests from hell it's only a 4/5

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Bearwolfz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Don't worry if you've booked here. We've just arrived home and had a lovely time in this hotel. The bedroom was 'roomy' (although the third bed was very small). The bathroom had a great powerful shower and was scrupulously clean. In fact the whole hotel had an army of cleaners that worked around the clock (we came in at 5am one morning and there they all were with their windowlene). Food was ok/good. It did cater for everyone and we always had plates full of very random mixes as they always offer plain pasta, rice, chips as well as flavoured mixes. a vast array of salads and vegetables as well as pizza and burgers, fish fingers.... just loads and loads of food.
The cocktails on the all inclusive... well what can I say, they are really strong and need a extra class of mixes to be drinkable. I can recommend No10 the Tiara beach and the last one, I think no14 Women's Dream. The beer was okay and the only one on offer.
The only draw back is the location, although you can walk across to the beach ( 2mins away across a road) it's a good 30 mins walk to the main strip, this meant no heels for the girls on their nights out. and a trek home after an evening out.
I would however recommend as we had a lovely time and the pool and the slides are brilliant. ENJOY we did!!

Room Tip: Lower floors eat first. I think all the rooms are similar, 3rd bed would not really big enough for a...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank KMCB4
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Positive aspects:
_ Cleanliness of the rooms (they clean and change towels daily)
_ Rooms are large
_ the restaurant has enough tables
_ the hotel is relatively close to the beach
_ it has slides, appreciated especially by children and even adults
Negative aspects:
_ Quality / variety of food
_ The dishes in the restaurant are not very clean
_ very small amount of chlorine (or absence) in the pools
_ The hotel does not have areas for walk
_ the staff did not know very well English
_ the parking is a little expensive considering that it is insufficient and poorly guarded
_ the free Wi-Fi near reception is a joke, weak signal and only for a limited number of users (I think about 4-5!). So you cannot connect. Instead there is a Wi-Fi network with good signal everywhere but at a big price.
_ the staff at the bar is lazy
Overall I was not too pleased, the hotel is more like 3 + stars. At the asking price, if you don’t need fun for the child, there are better alternatives in Bulgaria (Dune, Sol Nessebar Mare, Saint Thomas, etc.).

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank ulyse
Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stayed here at the beginning of June, weather was not brilliant hot one day rain the next, good location, most of the staff were friendly, always found something to eat pretty good choice, room was kept lovely and clean lovely cleaner who did some lovely towel art for us every day, my only criticism of this hotel was the animation team, got the impression if you we're English they didn't bother with you, not once were we asked to take part in any of the activities, several times we asked about an activity and told they would find out for us but never came back. Beware of the bars by the beach they will tell you drinks are buy 3 for x amount when you order a second round the prices triple.did a trip to Karns tent, definitely recommend this trip we had a brilliant night.
We enjoyed our holiday but wouldn't go back to Bulgaria.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank wesie1
Scarborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Just returned from tiara beach hotel sunny beach bulgaria , and myself and my partner English , both in our early 50s thought it was our best holiday ever,, we had room 531 5th floor , it had a great sea view and lovely sunny balcony, the location of the hotel could not be better , 300 yards or so onto the beach , then just a short walk and into the vibrant pubs shops and night life of sunny beach ,and if you enjoy walking , and we do,a mile on so to the ancient town of nessibar, there is also a train that runs along the sea front if you don't fancy walking , the rooms were cleaned to a high standard each day , the pool area was cleaned likewise , and loved the way sun bed saving was policed , if towels on the beds were left unattended , they were collected up , giving a fair chance to all guests to use them , we'll done pool attendant! , there was an area with water slides , again great fun for kids of all ages , food in restraunt was varied and of a good standard , and a big thanks to vasil the omelette maker and his blonde friend who always made breakfasts a smiley happy start to the day , the animation , team did a great job , through the day and at night with some great dancing , shame we missed the Wild West night , thanks tiara beach for a fantastic week !!!

• Stayed July 2013
9 Thank stegger007
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We have just got back from this hotel. We stayed the same 2 weeks last year and thought it was excellent. This year it has lost it's quality that it had last year, obviously the new owners are looking at cost but the food was average compared to last year. While you can always find something to eat, I don't feel that making do a at meal times is good enough in a 4 star rated hotel. Staff were great and the bar staff and reception staff always helped with a smile. As I stated we were there the same two weeks last year, but it was really busy and a lot more children and 85/ 90 percent of all, The people we met were from Eastern Europe. The one thing that i did come away with is we Brits should pat ourselves on the back because based on the experience I have just had we are the most well mannered people. On the whole a good time had by all but that's the end if the tiara hotel relationship for me, what can I say it was emotional.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank desneo01
Motherwell, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I was looking for a cheap week in the sun and after much TripAdvisor research and having never been to Bulgaria before I decided on the Ibostar Tiara Beach, I can honestly say I was pleasantly surprised. I would say that my review is also taking into consideration the fact I had paid considerably less for this holiday than I would have going to a 4* in for example Turkey/Spain.

Rooms

The rooms were adequate size with a balcony (unfortunately ours overlooked the supermarket next door but hey ho) the bathroom was well appointed with hairdryer and a large double shower (the water pressure was certainly strong) the usual toiletries were provided. The room was cleaned daily

Pool

The pool area was nice with a large free form pool. They actively do not allow people to reserve sunbeds early in the morning. if you place a towel on the beds and leave them unattended they will be removed by the hotel staff. There are usually beds available most of the day anyway so no need for the usual scramble over sunbeds we all know and love !

Beach

The beach is a short walk away and is really nice. The sea is shallow for a considerable distance out which is ideal for kids or those of us who like to stay in our depth. You are not allowed to sit on the beach without renting a lounger, however if you are going down for a swim they didn't seem to mind you leaving shoes etc by the shore. There are several lifeguards on duty who will not allow you to take in inflatables or venture out very far unless the sea is dead calm (I only got to use mine one day) I would see the point if it was very choppy but to be honest most days it was fine and I don't see an issue of an adult taking in an airbed to what was essentially knee/thigh deep water but clearly to was.

There is only one buffet style restaurant in the hotel (none of the usual optional theme restaurants you have in 4/5* hotels) Having been to many AI hotels in different countries i would say it was the poorest choice I have ever seen. Lots of salad etc available but only about maybe 10 hot choices (and by that I mean a tray of carrots or potatoes each as one option etc etc). Anything I did eat was actually very nice (on occasion could have been warmer) but will also caveat the statement with the fact I am vegetarian so not able to comment on the quality of meats.

Bars

There is a pool bar and a lobby bar. The local beer is nice. I am not really a spirit drinker so cannot comment on the quality/strength of local vodka etc. I did try the cocktails on offer but to be honest they all tasted like medicine to me !

General

The staff in the hotel were polite and helpful at all times and the cleaners worked around the clock so it was certainly clean. There are loads of shops/bars/karaoke bars/restaurants in the vicinty so if you do want to go out there is plenty on offer, a pint of beer was 1lev which is about 50p

There was not a lot of brits in the hotel whilst I was there but that was fine with me. Absolutely no issues with other guest behaviour or noise at night.

I think overall I enjoyed my holiday and I would probably go back on the basis that it is considerably cheaper than a lot of other holiday destinations in the area. As I have said at the start my review is on the basis of value for money as I have stayed in much better hotels/destinations in the past but I was happy with what I got vs what I paid.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family