Me and my girlfriend have just arrived back from Bulgaria today and were really impressed with this hotel.
The layout of the hotel was really nice and it is certainly one of the better looking hotels in Sunny Beach. The rooms were nice inside and also rather big and regularly cleaned - towels were also replaced. You can pay to keep your room on if you have a late flight if the hotel is not fully booked, we did this with no problems.
The pool area was fantastic and the entertainment staff were quite good - twice a day the entertainment and waiting staff do some sort of crazy dance by the pool which is quite entertaining. Plenty of activities to take part in too though we didn't do this.
In regards to the food - it was actually quite good though we chose to eat out every night as Sunny Beach is cheap. However we had breakfast and lunch in the hotel and there was quite a lage selection of food available.
The bar was actually very good - the beer was good but I would have preferred Zagorka to Kamenitza on draught. The cocktails were fantastic and the vodka was easy to drink. Apart from alcohol they also serve coffees and soft drinks ect. Overall the bar was great.
All the staff were fantastic too! Highly recommend this hotel! Location is also very close to the main bars on the strip and also near the beach.
***TIPS FOR SUNNY BEACH***
1. DO NOT BOOK THE THOMAS COOK BAR CRAWL! IT IS A RIP OFF AND THE DRINKS WILL COST MORE THAN THEY DO AT HOME! Phil the Rep will claim in the welcome meeting that it is for all ages, entry to Iceberg will cost you 25 lev alone and that drinks are cheap. All of this is lies. The average age on the excursion was about 20 (my age) so we weren't bothered about the average age being young but two drinks cost roughly £7 and the reps were rude when a group of us complained (we are all taking this further). Additionally entry to Iceberg can be bought for 7 lev in the resort which gets you an unlimited free bar for an hour and also entry to the party boat! Look for the PR's next to the mini theme park across from Mexo beach bar!
2. If you are looking for the best food in Sunny Beach at the best prices then head for The Condor Bar, the food was simply amazing and the prices were dirt cheap. They serve a great variety of dishes too. The Condor Bar is popular with forum users and was highly recommended for quality and value. Drinks were rather cheap - a double measure of Bulgarian vodka was 1 lev (roughly 43p) and a pint of Zagorka (the best Bulgarian lager!) worked out at about 80p. Four courses and five drinks cost me and my girlfriend 35 lev which google tells me is around £15.20! The staff are also very professional and the layout of the place is very well designed and looks brilliant. This bar is literally a five minute walk from the Hotel if you leave from Reception A and walk in the direction of Disco Mania and Flower Street (there is also the added bonus of no PR staff to bother you if you choose this route) - however you can also access it from walking up Flower Street and walking to the left beyond Disco Mania but this will take you longer. We recommend this place to anyone!
3. DO NOT TAKE A CHERRY FROM A GYPSY IN THE STREET! We were told that tall and built guys dressed in black will come out of no-where and make you pay up to 100 lev if you refuse to pay!
4. Disco Orange Paint Party = brilliant! :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The IBEROSTAR Sunny Beach is a hotel that’s full of facilities and services to guarantee the holiday of your dreams next to one of the best beaches on the Black Sea. It features a spa area with a sauna, hammam and Turkish baths, free Wi-Fi, beauty salon and hairdressers, fitness room, Miniclub (ages 4 to 7), Maxiclub (ages 8 to 12), and Teenieclub (ages 13 to 17), tennis courts, water sports, children’s playground, workshops for children, and entertainment for all guests. What’s more, there are seven pools to choose from, one of them with a fun blue octopus that shoots out jets of water. Rest is guaranteed at the Sunny Beach hotel. Its 630 rooms and suites are spacious and perfectly equipped to enjoy the comfort you’re looking for while on holiday, both for couples and families with children. And, finally, the gastronomy is another of its main attractions. The Sunny Beach hotel will allow you to sample Bulgarian, Mexican and international cuisine at its three restaurants and you can try all kinds of drinks at its four bars. One of them is the Wiener Cafe Amadeus which has the ambiance of the most exclusive coffee shops in Vienna. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your IBEROSTAR Sunny Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Sunny Beach Hotel Sunny Beach
- IBEROSTAR Sunny Beach Resort Burgas Province, Bulgaria