“The worst hotel I've ever visited” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Imperial Hotel

Imperial Hotel
Ranked #58 of 219 Hotels in Sunny Beach
Moscow
“The worst hotel I've ever visited”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

I don't know who is writing all those positive comments, but for me the Imperial hotel turned out to be total disappointment!
1. The room. The room is spacious, that is true, but who needs that space when it is not comfortable? Remember your feeling when you first enter a room in a good hotel? Yes, the feeling is that you are the first one to live there. When I entered the room in Imperial hotel I noticed the signs of previous inhabitants (their hair) everywhere, and which is most annoying on the toilet seat. The dust was on every surface and I had to clear it myself to put my personal things on the bedside cabinet. The carpet required vacuum cleaning and the window glasses were dirty. The situation didn't change during all 10 days of my staying there. To finish the comments about the room I want to add that the broad double bed was in fact two separate beds put together and had two separate blankets, so it wasn't very nice to sleep with my husband there. The pillows were very thin and uneven.
2. The canteen. The food was cheap and not tasty, which can be the matter of my preferences, but twice I found eggshell in scrambled eggs, once a hair in milk jug, once half a caterpillar in salad and once - dirt on the tomato. That was more than enough for me to refuse eating in the hotel's canteen and eat out till the end of my stay.
3. The beach. The beach was really in about 5 minutes of walk from the hotel, the sand was quite nice and the sea water was clear, but there were a lot of cigarette ends and plastic glasses there, because nobody neither ever tried to put recycle bins on the beach, nor tried to clean it.
4. The service. The hotel’s staff never tries to cater for their clients. They never do anything more than what is a must. The answer to every nonstandard request is no, and only when you ask a dozen of leading questions and offer a sound solution they may say yes. For example, they didn’t offer me as a pregnant woman to check in earlier than it is normally done, and I would have had to wait for 4 hours on the couch in the lobby after a night’s flight, if I hadn’t asked them to check if our room was ready. Luckily the room was ready and we checked in at once. Then the late checkout nearly turned out to be a problem. Though we informed the reception girl in a few days’ time that we wanted to check out late on the departure day, they didn’t confirm that till the very end hoping that somebody else would book the room for the whole day. This is not the good service that you can await in a four star hotel, I must say.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Tatiana T
ImperialGroup, Director of Sales at Imperial Hotel, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Dear guest,

First we would like to thank you for choosing hotel Imperial for your stay and for your time and effort to write this review. We are always glad to learn from direct guest experience, this way we can try to achieve the maximum for their future stay!

I can assure you that the hygiene of the rooms is our highest priority. Before the check-in of our guest the housekeeping supervisor checks all rooms. I have ordered an investigation of your case. There is no record that you have complained on receptions about this problem. I am sure that if you have done that you would be immediately moved to another room. Maids are visiting the rooms every days to change the towels and refresh the room itself. Indeed in some rooms we have twinbeds, if you had requested a room with a bedroom on reception or when you booked your holiday we would have given you a room with a bedroom.

The hotel caters for more that 600 guests, you can imagine the eggs needed for breakfast. Yes there is a possibility of some eggshells to be in the scrambled eggs. We would like to appologize for this inconvenience. I spoke with the chef to pay extra attention to the eggs.

The beach is cleaned daily with special machines by the municipality. We have the problem with the cigarette buds since the tourists belive that they can throw the everywhere.

With 100% occupancy of the hotel there is no possibility to check you in earlier I am afraid. We have kept to our conditions that guest can check-in after 14:00. This is written on your voucher and your travel agent should have explained it to you. Yes we give priority to pregnant women and families with small children, but if the hotel has that possibility. And for the late check-out, as I said the hotel was 100% busy at that time. This is the reason why the staff did not confirm you late check-out earlier. There is one more thing - late check-out is a subject of availability.

We would like to apologize again for causing this inconvenience and making the last part of your stay unpleasant. We hope to welcome you back next year and positively surprise you and live up to your expectations.

Imperial Group Hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
newcastle
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

Good location. Easy access to centre, beaches and Nessebar. Impressive looking hotel, excellent clean room but drains smelled horribly throughout our stay. Good choice of food and always fully stocked buffet but a bit bland. pool bar played very loud electro funk music continuously from 11am - 6pm so not a restful experience lying around the pool and half the sunbeds were broken. However drinks were plentiful and barstaff very friendly. Overall a decent enough hotel suitable for couples and families but not a spectacular four star hotel - more like a 3 star.
Not a heated indoor pool or jacuzzi, so was avoided by everyone as too cold and spa a bit shabby.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ImperialGroup, Director of Sales at Imperial Hotel, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your time and effort to write this review. It is always helpful to hear directly from guests how we did during your stay.

We have taken into serious consideration your complaint about the loud music at the pool bar. After we have investigated the bartender was warned. The F&B manager regularly checks the volume levels. I am sure that is you have taken this problem to reception the hotel management would immediately take actions.

Next year we are planning to replace all the sunbeds with new, because this year they have suffered some damage. We are sorry if we have created any inconvenience.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

Me and my family stayed at the imperial hotel for a week in late August. The kids loved this hotel and we were very calm with them being there. The territory of the hotel was closed from everywhere and the couldn't go anywhere. Also the entertainment team kept them busy the whole day. Rooms were nice and clean, pool area quiet and tidy. I cannot say the the hotel does not have a small details to work on - for example more infomation upon check-in. Food was always nice and warm, good variety. Recommended for families.

• Stayed August 2012
Uk
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

First impressions of the hotel are good, it is in a very quiet part of sunny beach,
About 45 minute walk to the centre or take the little train for 3 lev.
Food not as good as some reviews on here, the food is always cold unless you wanna go down at 6 pm but your not guaranteed it's gonna be warm, same kinda of food everyday .
The entertainment .... What entertainment .. Kids show mr universe , male versus female . No live acts to watch.
The only good point is that the beach is a stone throw away from the hotel.

As a lot of people we have talked to we all seem to be duped into coming to this hotel with the positive reviews, negative ones are deleted buy the hotel so we'll see how long this stays on.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Minimeee45
ImperialGroup, Director of Sales at Imperial Hotel, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for choosing hotel Imperial and for you effort to share with us your opinion. It is always important to us to hear what guests thing in order to improve and continue to develop our product.

The F&B department of the hotel ensures that throughout every meal (breakfast, lunch or dinner) at the restaurant the quality of the food is strictly monitored. Regular temperature checks and tastings are done by the chefs there. I am sure that if you had any complaints and have taken the immediately to the supervisors they would do everything possible to help you.

The Animation (entertainment) team is present 6 times per week, on the 7th day we organize Variete show or Bulgarian folklore evering. Also the team's programe is different almost every day. Yes it starts with entertainment for the children (kids disco) and it continues with some games for the adults.

Another point is that the hotel does not have any influence on the reviews that are posted on the tripadvisor site. We cannot delete a bad review or post a positive one. This is why the reliability of this wite is high.

Rio De Janeiro
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

I have to say that this is one of the best all-inclusive hotels I have stayed in so far. The hotel is located in the beginning of sunny beach. Basically what you need to know about Sunny beach is that the center is very busy and noisy – perfect for young people who like to party. On the sides of Sunny Beach however it is very calm – that is the best place if you are a family with children. Imperial is located on the part that is closer to Nessebar. That made it perfect for walks to the Old Town of Nessebar. It only took like 10-15 minutes to get there. There are also those small touristic trains that would take both to center of Sunny Beach and Nessebar.
The service of the hotel was at 5-star class. Extremely polite and sweet reception staff, always helping me with directions and questions. We enjoyed the F&B outlets very much – the pizza bar, the pool-bar, all-inclusive lobby bar – everything was great. Thanks to the bartenders – great cocktails always! The food was high-class as well. Lots of variety and interesting choices to be made.
The amenities of the hotel are very nice as well. The room had one of those new LCD TV, mini-bar, hairdresser and so on. We had the chance to enjoy several massages and procedures at the SPA. There is an All-Inclusive bar at the beach as well – serving cold beer and soft drinks for the children.
In conclusion I would say that is you are planning a holiday to Sunny Beach this is the hotel that you have to choose!!! Highly recommended!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Diego D
São Paulo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

What got my attention at the beginning was the check-in time is after 14:00hrs. (normal standard). We arrived at 6:00 in the morning and had to wait until check-in time. The hotel manager though saw that we are really tired from the trip and immediatelly after a room was availeble we were accommodated. We had to wait only for an hour or so. That kind of service I love. Congratulations to the staff - very friendly and kind. The cleaning was 5 star - every day a maid would come and clean the room. A great point for the hotel is the All-Inclusive service. There is something to eat throughout the whole day. You can have a drink at one of the 4 bars.
Imperial hotel has a private beach (4-5 minutes away) with umbrellas and sunbeds at 50% off. Basically you pay 12levs (6 EUR) for 2 sunbeds and 1 umbrella. And that is not all - there is an all-inclusive bar at that beach serving cold soft drinks and beer! Absolutely great! Highly recommended!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Vista Hermosa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

In my opinion this is one of the best looking hotel in Sunny Beach Bulgaria! Exterior especially at night is amazing. I am just back from very long journey through Europe and I have to say that the stay at the Imperial hotel was perfect. Loved the staff - very friendly and helpful. I didn't have a reservation and arrived at reception and the staff was so welcoming that no matter the price i would have stayed there. Another point is the All-inclusive service - Breakfast, Lunch and dinner were very tasty. Every night they served something different. If I come back in Bulgaria I would go to this hotel again. Totally recommended!

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are better