I don't know who is writing all those positive comments, but for me the Imperial hotel turned out to be total disappointment!
1. The room. The room is spacious, that is true, but who needs that space when it is not comfortable? Remember your feeling when you first enter a room in a good hotel? Yes, the feeling is that you are the first one to live there. When I entered the room in Imperial hotel I noticed the signs of previous inhabitants (their hair) everywhere, and which is most annoying on the toilet seat. The dust was on every surface and I had to clear it myself to put my personal things on the bedside cabinet. The carpet required vacuum cleaning and the window glasses were dirty. The situation didn't change during all 10 days of my staying there. To finish the comments about the room I want to add that the broad double bed was in fact two separate beds put together and had two separate blankets, so it wasn't very nice to sleep with my husband there. The pillows were very thin and uneven.
2. The canteen. The food was cheap and not tasty, which can be the matter of my preferences, but twice I found eggshell in scrambled eggs, once a hair in milk jug, once half a caterpillar in salad and once - dirt on the tomato. That was more than enough for me to refuse eating in the hotel's canteen and eat out till the end of my stay.
3. The beach. The beach was really in about 5 minutes of walk from the hotel, the sand was quite nice and the sea water was clear, but there were a lot of cigarette ends and plastic glasses there, because nobody neither ever tried to put recycle bins on the beach, nor tried to clean it.
4. The service. The hotel’s staff never tries to cater for their clients. They never do anything more than what is a must. The answer to every nonstandard request is no, and only when you ask a dozen of leading questions and offer a sound solution they may say yes. For example, they didn’t offer me as a pregnant woman to check in earlier than it is normally done, and I would have had to wait for 4 hours on the couch in the lobby after a night’s flight, if I hadn’t asked them to check if our room was ready. Luckily the room was ready and we checked in at once. Then the late checkout nearly turned out to be a problem. Though we informed the reception girl in a few days’ time that we wanted to check out late on the departure day, they didn’t confirm that till the very end hoping that somebody else would book the room for the whole day. This is not the good service that you can await in a four star hotel, I must say.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The beautiful and modern hotel complex is located in the southern part of Sunny Beach. It is, right next to the preserved by UNESCO dunes, just 150 metres from the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia and Orbitz so you can book your Imperial Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Imperial Hotel Sunny Beach, Burgas Province, Bulgaria