On arrival at the Victoria Palace it certainly has the wow factor with everyone on the coach amazed by the entrance to the hotel. You are greeted by very smartly dressed bell boys who will take your luggage up to your room, be sure to tip it is expected. Reception on checking in was not the quickest, long queues with only one receptionist.
On entrance to the room again very impressive, lots of space to move around in and good seating area. I got a sea view and a view of the pool of the hotel next door.
Read lots of reviews about the VP before we travelled and to be honest were dreading the restaurant, we were not dissapointed.
The whole management /organisation of the restaraunt is a shambles. We had a game each night of hunt the spoon, i kid you not. It seemed that there were just nowhere near enough spoons, everyone was walking around with bowls of soup trying to find spoons, chaos. No saucers either.
The food itself was no more than ok, 3*. Breakfast was a choice of one or two cereals, the same all week. Full english was on offer buffet style, never hot enough for me but if you were lucky enough to hit at the right time a fresh tray was brought out then it was ok.
Dinner was again ok, soups, salads etc, 3 or 4 choices for main course. The sweets were very poor, the same all week, cake, cake and more cake.
We booked one night in the A La Carte restaurant it is free so try it if you prefer waiter service, food still not very hot but found that to be case in most places in Sunny Beach.
Pool area was a joke nowhere near enough beds for the size of the hotel, try the Majestic next door loads of free beds and comfy to.
Not too impressed with the resort either lots of shed type shops selling fake gear, seen one shop seen them all. Lots of beggars on the front little children wanting change all the time. Animals used for entertainment, snakes, reptiles, horses and a bear were used to try and obtain money from the tourists.
To recap very impressive first impressions but i am afraid the hotel is let down badly by the restaurant and the lack of sunbeds. A lot of the staff seemed quite unhappy and were not very approachable. We certainly would not go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Victoria Palace Hotel & Spa has been under renovation after listening to customers reviews. Two of our panorama lifts have been completely changed for season 2014 and number of rooms have been renovated. We are under a new management and efforts have been made to improve the product and the services. We are very excited to welcome our guests for season 2014. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and Agoda so you can book your Victoria Palace Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Victoria Palace Hotel Sunny Beach
- Victoria Palace Hotel And Spa
- Victoria Palace Bulgaria
- Victoria Palace Sunny Beach
- Victoria Palace Hotel Bulgaria
- Hotel Victoria Palace Bulgaria
- Victoria Palace Hotel & Spa Sunny Beach, Burgas Province, Bulgaria