“Very Good,Could be Better”

DIT Evrika Beach Club Hotel
Ranked #9 of 220 Hotels in Sunny Beach
Shropshire
“Very Good,Could be Better”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

We stayed here for 10 days, the hotel it's self is spotlessly clean, pool area fantastic, we had no problems with sun beds, water slides great.
Rooms very nice we stayed in block D which is the new block.
We ate in the main restaraunt, and the Italian ala carte, and the Asian but the Bulgarian was not open even though we stayed from the 23rd May until3rd June, they did open it on the night we flew back.
The main restaraunt food is ok, but does get very repetitive.
The Italian was not that good, although the pizza was amazing, our lasagne was very dry
The Asian was fabulous, lots of choice and cooked fresh
Sunny beach it's self is a very nice place and the hotel is located very centrally.
I would return again but in a few years time.

Room Tip: I would recommend block d as this is the newest block, and very quite
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank pollymac14

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
durham
Reviewed June 7, 2014

just got back from a 2 week stay 19th may till 2nd june. stayed here 2 years ago and had a wonderful time with no complaints about anything what-so-ever. This time however lots has changed.
HOTEL & ROOMS still no complaints actually had a better & larger room than last time, they have been refurbished to a very high standard. Cleaned everyday and fresh towels too.
Everywhere was spotlessly clean, with no exceptions the cleaners were always busy I even saw them cleaning at midnight.
The animation team were friendly enough and I suppose they tried but all in all were rubbish except for the abba show.
The Bars and the Resturants were a different story altogether. The staff were friendly enough although they did prioritise for the Austrian OAP`S. which were so rude and thought they owned the place. Apparentley the Austrian government pays for all its senior citizens to have a free holiday each year. (must be nice). Don't know what they were drinking either because i saw quite a few of them drunk, something I didn't manage to do as the beer ect was watery.
The food in the buffet restaurant was only hot if you actually got it at the time it was cooked, and was repetitive most of the time. I thought that quite a lot of it was soya meat. The salad bar and the cakes were good if that's what you liked (which the germans and Austrians did, even for breakfast). All in all the food was fine just a lack of choice and repetitive.
The water park was brilliant if you had kids with you, it kept them occupied for hours.
Friends of ours came out at the end of our first week, which was great, really enjoyed seeing them again.
I couldn`t really say if I would come back again, I did have have a reasonably good time. I would probably choose a different month to avoid the Austrians.

2 Thank aj19207
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Just came back from 1 week all inclusive at Sunny Beach hotel Evrika. (19th May-14)
Don't go to Evrika. If you do do go - do not book with Thomson.

Sunny beach is great - lively, cheap, nice people and good fun. So I will go back BUT not to Evrika and certainly not with Thomson.

The Evrika hotel is not like the other reviews I have seen it is poor to say the least. Position excellent but service poor.

The service is poor and there is a concentration on providing a good service to Austrian pensioners (of which there are many) to the detriment of the Thompsons guests. They have booked out almost all the restaurant and get preferential service at the bars etc.

The Thompson position on this is not clear as several people complained and I am yet to get a response.

The 3 restaurants as in the brochure were not operating and we were left with a poor buffet choice. The Asian opened later in week and guess what YES it was a buffet.

I completed a complaint form while I was there on the reps I Pad - beware if you sign this there is a clause where you accept this as a final resolution to your complaint - not explained by rep at time.

I booked a sightseeing trip with rep - do not do this as it is cheaper on the door of the hotel. This unfortunately had the wrong time on the ticket so we missed the trip.

I will never use Thomson again as I cannot see what value they added to the trip.

I think other people also complained so beware - make sure they have addressed these issues before you book.

Room Tip: Pool view is best
5 Thank Michael T
EvrikaBeachClubHotel, Online Customer Service Representative at DIT Evrika Beach Club Hotel, responded to this review, August 2, 2014
Dear Michael,

First of all, I would like to thank you for having stayed at Evrika Beach Club Hotel and also for taking the time to post a review about your experience on TripAdvisor.

I was surprised to read that you were not satisfied with service offered by our employees, please, receive our most sincere apologies. The guest structure during your stay at DIT Evrika Beach Club Hotel was indeed a little different from our typical. However, please know that at our hotel we genuinely care about each and every single guest. On a side note, thank you for mentioning our premium location.

In the beginning of season 2014 the three themed restaurants were closed. Nevertheless, our F&B department decided to organise Bulgarian, Asian and Italian corners at the rear of the main restaurant to make up for the inconvenience. I regret to know that we did not properly meet your expectations, however, a quick look at Thomson website shows no such discrepancies and the Asian restaurant is not being advertised as an a la carte one. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention and please allow me to clarify the following: although there are three themed restaurants on site serving Italian, Bulgarian and Asian cuisine, it is in fact the Italian one that provides an a la carte dining experience.

Finally, we all hope you will change your mind and give us a second chance. Feel free to contact us via e-mail should you need any further information or assistance.

Best regards,
Polina Klissarova

Online Customer Service Representative
DIT Evrika Beach Club Hotel
Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

Stayed there for a week 19th til 26th May and upon arrival I couldn't believe my eyes. The place is absolutely beautiful and very clean which is to a very high standard! Very friendly staff who are always there to help you out and are always smiling room was cleaned every day, although bed sheets wernt cleaned every day tho. animation staff are fantastic and always had activities on which I won the cocktail game ha ha. They go round the pool and ask everyone to join in which I think is nice. You get to meet friends this way too. I didn't eat in the Italian restaurant cos heard so many bad reviews but I did eat in the Asian restaurant which upon arrive a lovely gentleman called Valentin was there to greet us with a smile and took me, my friend and my son to our seats. He pulled the seat out for me to sit on and kindly pushed it back in for me. Once seated he asked us what we would like for drinks and he was gone and come back very quick and poured us our drinks. After our meal he asked how Our meal was (again smiling) and said good bye to us as we left. I feel he made a real effort with us and I feel he doesn't get paid enough for the job he does. Valentin really made a effort with everyone and made people feel welcome into his restaurant and you can tell he takes pride in his job and takes work very serious. Even got to go more then once there was entertainment on a evening which was to a high standard and I thoroughly enjoyed my self each night. My only gripe was at meal times most of the tables had numbers on for the Austrians which I didn't think a fair and they are so so rude!! They constantly interfered with me keep telling me to put my son to bed which is none of their business! Also the reception staff give us the wrong time for our coach to pick us up so we missed it and had to get a taxi which we had to pay for. All in all though a very nice holiday with something always going on and I will definitely be returning!! Absolutely loved this holiday with something for everyone to do

Stayed May 2014
7 Thank Nicola B
Tonbridge, United Kingdom

First food-
Was very basic you get what you pay for so can't overly complain but main things stood out was the bacon wasn't bacon or sausages where hot dog style same thing everyday snack / PoolBar food if you don't get food when open or go later you end up with dry bread sandwiches and cake not hot food like pizza chips burgers Ect sometimes food was left out too long tasted stale no fresh fruit juice in site was all concentrated and watered down Pepsi so I drank the 7 up was ok dinner was ment to go at a time slot of 8 pm last time of food was 3 pm pool bar and we fort it was a long wait for food everyone else had been goin about 7 pm and had no problem going in befor and in shorts (men) but we found one minute me and my partner was aloud in early in shorts next minute not aloud so very hard to understand if we was coming or goin.

People-
When got to the hotel was over crowded by geman oaps which took over most things mainly the bars and eating places a lot of people on holiday that spoke to was feeling the same as me that we wasn't inportant to the hotel and they ruled the roost. The animation where lovely and the staff apart from one man in charge of dinner with the rule breaking one minute next rules but everyone was lovely made us welcome Ect

Other things-
Wifi
wasn't free and couldn't get it in some areas of hotel mainly pool and where to eat

Safe
I went to pay for a few days and they charged me whole week and refused to refund my money so said I can have one hour on my room when have to check out which isn't much

The shower room
when you have checked out somewhere to go to freshen up I showed and then used the towels they left to use had mold on them and smelt so bad so just use your own

Water slides / pool
was clean most of week then one day was dirty with cups and bits in the Courner and when by the pool I was laying down and next minute my skin was itching and had millions of little black things on me because a couple near me had sprayed sun cream on and they was covered too have no idea what they was but everywhere all in bag what was laying on I had been by pool an hour so had no idea how or why it happened we put it down to sun cream attracted them Water slides Was amazing very good and the kids bit they seemed to love it.

Hotel over all -
Because nothing was open due to time of year people need to go after May as no trips where really open bars Ect and was a clean nice hotel everyone was nice staff apart from the man in charge at dinner and the animation staff was extremely nice and took time to talk to us and involve us by sitting at are table getting to know us one to one always saying hi and being helpful as said you get what you pay for so if you go with that in mind you won't be fussed

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Danigee22
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 27, 2014

ive just returned home yesterday 26th after a 2 week stay and was not made welcome and was made second priority over the huge amount of elderly Austrians around about 300 we couldn't get a seat in the dining room they were so rude they touched food with hands and put it back on the dishes when we complaint vivien the guest relation she told my partner he should of booked at a later date she said it was there last weekend and he said it was ours also she was most rude she suggested one night we eat in the Asian in front of my grandson whos 11 yrs old then denied saying it saying she recommended it she needs to learn some manners the entertainment was a joke all they did was drink and smoke the animation teem our food was warm my partner got a bug of some sort I was ill all the way home on the plane cabin crew had to help me I was sick nearly all the flight then got the runs bad at home id only eaten and drank at the hotel I cannot fault jess the Thomson rep bless her she good as she had so many complaints to deal with there was lots of ants in the hotel we were a party of 7 4 adults adults and 3 kids we had to practically stay put on a table as the Austrians would move your plates off so they could sit there they pointed and gestured you to move and push you out of the way so they could get the food first

Room Tip: I really cannot say I think its pot luck
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
5 Thank susieq00
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 27, 2014

My Wife and I have just returned from a weeks Holiday at the EVRIKA BEACH Hotel (16th - 24th May 2014) and we have to say that it was the best Hotel we have ever stayed in (World-wide). We have previously stayed at the Helena Park/Beach Hotel in Sunny Beach and thought that desired the Gold Medal, but I'm afraid the Helena barely scrapes the Bronze one now we have experienced the EVRIKA. This Hotel has something for everyone, young Families, older families, Couples of all age groups and Senior Citizens (who incidentally are extremely well looked after). The Rooms were massive and kept clean constantly, with Towels and Bedding changed every day. The Restaurants (4 in Total) catered for everyone and every taste possible and the food was excellant, with a great choice all round - not cooked as we do here in the UK, but then when you are abroad, you expect to eat the local dishes which are always cooked differently and may I say very tasty). Best English Cooked Breakfast ever seen outside of the UK. The Hotel facilities were excellant and again, took everyone's needs and requirements into consideration. Plenty of Bars where you can Drink - not just alcoholic but Teas, Coffee etc as well as sorft drinks and various flavoured soda drinks. Plenty of Entertainment for all ages, both during the day, around the Pool Sides and Beach and of an evening in the various Bars. The Staff were always very helpful and enjoyed a laugh or two - especially the Bar Tenders - and were always very polite and considerate. Loved the Waterparks within the Hotel Complex - great fun with the slides even at my age (52). Really cannot find anything to complain about with the EVRIKA and those who say otherwise must either have gone to the wrong Hotel or cannot live their sheltered unhappy lives unless they have something to complain about - either that or they are trying to get money back off their Holidays unnecessarily. Ignore all bad comments about this Hotel, they are simply not true. Loved the EVRIKA and everything about it - can't wait to return.
Middle Aged Couple from Essex, UK.

Room Tip: Ask for a Pool view in either Blocks A or C (C Block gets the majority of the sun all day) or if you...
3 Thank Steve D