“Terrible! stay away” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #76 of 219 Hotels in Sunny Beach
Jerusalem, Israel
“Terrible! stay away”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

I didn't think that service in hotel can be so bad.
Before I will write about the service, few words about the hotel itself.
The hotel loacted in old part of sunny beach, there are many bars and restaurants in area.

The wireless is free only in the lobby, most of the time It's don't work...
If you pay and buy password for the network, it's works good...

One time I forgot the key in the room. I asked for help from the reception and I wait 25 minutes for someone was help me!
My room is in the second floor, under my room there are a lot of bars that make very noise.
I asked to another room. The receptionist even refuse to hear me...
When I do check in I received a broken key card for the room.
In the reception told me it's Ok, When I do check out the shift manager Demanded payment for the card.
I told her that I received the card like this and she refuse to give me my passport.
I told her that I very disappointed from the service she told me that is my problem.

Room Tip: Low floors have loud noise from the street
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank aya121
Viktoriya K, Manager at smartline Meridian Hotel, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing our hotel and for your effort to share with us your comment. It is always important to us to hear what guests think in order to improve and continue to develop our product.

We would like to apologise for the bad experience that you had with you card room, but we can assure you that if the card is broken it is impossible to use it. However, thank you for sharing with us your case, we will investigate it and will do everything possible to prevent future possibilities of similar issues.

We would like again to apologize for causing this inconvenience of your stay unpleasant. We hope to welcome you back next year and positively surprise you and live up to your expectations.
Regards!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Abergele, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013

An absolutely gorgeous hotel with some of the most friendly draft I have ever met, I would strongly recommend this hotel to anyone considering visiting. My friend and I decided to go half board. The choice of food on a daily basis was immense, and also very tasty. The hotel was clean itself and the bar staff were always good fun to sit down n have a drink with. My friend n I had a fantastic time, just sorry for the late review. Thank you and we will b back!!!!!

Room Tip: If u experience ANY problems with the staff, just inform the staff immediately and they are always w...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Abergelelad
Viktoriya K, Manager at smartline Meridian Hotel, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing our hotel and for your effort to share with us your review. We are always happy to hear nice and positive comments for our work.

We hope to welcome you back this summer.

Timisoara, Romania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

The hotel is quite nice, the girls from the reception were great. I enjoyed the food, which was very variable. But.....the ice-cream at the pool bar was very cheap and bad, I couldn't eat it. Also, the juice was the worse, couldn't drink it, I only drank water during meals, and I bought juice to have in the room something to drink. The food was good, seemed fresh, they had cake at every lunch and dinner, fruits also. They had a salad bar, which I find it great. The restaurant manager, I guess, was a very hospitable person and made us feel at home. One of the cookers was wery nice, i asked him somethhing regarding the food and he answerd me very nice.

What I din't like is that the girls in the restaurants seemed that were always sleeping and they didn't had a good appearence, i am not saing they are not beautiful, they don't arrange themselves, or their hair, the t-shirts they were wearing were very large. The boys were ok and smiling.

Sorry to say this, but the hotel isn't a four stars hotel. I work in a 4* hotel, so I know what I am talking about. The room seemed old, the furniture, the carpet in the room, tha blanket. Also the sheets weren't changed every day, my boyfriend had a knee injury and during sleep, his bandage fell off, and he stained a bit the sheet. The cleaning lady came into our room, changed the towels, but she didn't change the sheets. I guess the management don't let them change the sheets every day, or when it is needed. we only had a card to enter the room, which functioned very hard, eventhough we paid fore a double, and we had to share the card.

The worst thing was that when we arrived we asked if it is safe for us to keep the phones and money in the room, and the girl from the reception said it isn't, so we rented a safe. This is an unacceptable thing, to have the feeling that you coluld be robbed in the room. eventhough we rented a safe, when i was out of the room, I was thinking of my shoes and purses if I would find them when I come back. After a day or 2, I managed to figure out who was cleaning our room, I saw the lady seemed nice and always smiling and then i felt safe about our things.

Anyway, all per all, the stay was ok, the food and the staff were ok, just but the hotel should be a little more modernised, a littlte luxure.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Pusha v
Dear Guest,

Please note that every guest has his individual taste. You didn't like the ice-cream and the drinks, but I can assure you that every food and drink is consistent with the internation standarts for all inclusive.

We are suprised to understand that you didn't like the appearence of staff restaurant, we will take into account your observation.

Abaut the safe. We would like to apologise that you felt feir. We would like to assure that our maids are trustful. We offer you safe because we don't take responsabily for the personal belongings of our clients. As far as we know this is the practice in every hotel.

We would like to apologize again for causing this inconvenience of your stay unpleasant. We hope to welcome you back and positively surprise you and live up to your expectations.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

Yes there is an erotic club on the way to the front of the hotel but it was closed in the last week of the season so this was not an issue. Arrived 3 hours late. Check in was efficient and after a night flight it was nice to go to a very welcoming breakfast at 8am. Food was standard but plentiful and lots of variation. so very happy with that. View was even better. 11th floor with a sea view. Hotel was very modern with good facilities. Spa on site and good rates. Internet at good rates. Good bar service. At the time we went it was end of season and the barman was working 9am to 23:00 on his own! On the last night our flight pick ups were at 1am. He stayed on to serve us drinks. Very impressed by this! Pool was excellent a bit disappointed that the pool bar wasn't open but it was the end of the season. The maintenance/pool man was still working though and was very pro-active any bit of litter he would pick it up. It seems the staff were very dedicated to their jobs. Maid service was every day and was to a good standard. Rooms the beds were hard but size and bathroom of a high standard. Balcony very nice good views from ours. windows tinted which is a very good idea. Power shower!! No coffee or tea facilities in the room which is a shame bit there was a fridge. Safety boxes can only be accessed by you and not the staff which was reassuring. We stayed half board and with every hotel stay on this basis the food does become samey but the food was to a good standard. Staff were a bit quick to clear your plates away, lack of cutlery at times and no free drink with your evening meal. If the above points were improved then I would rate this hotel excellent. I would go to sunny beach again, lets hope it doesn't end up in the euro! And out of the vast amount of hotels on sunny beach I will only return to the Meridian and will definetly be back to the corner bar.

Room Tip: choose the upgrade and part facing sea view to above the bright sun in the morning
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Charliefella
Viktoriya K, Manager at smartline Meridian Hotel, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

We hope to welcome you back next summer.

Dundee, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for a week. The first impressions on arrival are not good as you have to walk past an Erotic Club to get the entrance. Staff are friendly and welcoming. Rooms are a decent size although noisy up to around 2.00am as there is live music from two bars a short distance away. The beds are hard and we ended up with sore backs in the morning after few nights sleep.
The all inclusive is not what it should be. You can have alcoholic and soft drinks during the day from the poolside bar from 11.00am until 6.00pm. After 6.00pm all inclusive drinks can only be obtained from the restaurant which is on the 11th floor. There is no all inclusive lounge on the ground floor and you cannot take drinks out of the restaurant. So it is basically poolside drinks and then the restaurant until 11.00pm for all inclusive drinks. The food in the restaurant is plentiful but can be a bit repetitive with pork and chicken every night. There is always a shortage of cutlery, salt cellars, cups etc. at mealtimes. Poolside is fine with plenty of sun beds. The hotel location is fine as you are not far away from the centre of Sunny Beach but it is still a busy area. For travel to Nessabar the No.1 bus stop is a five minute walk away on the main road. The fare is 1 Lev for a 10 minute journey to the town. If you are looking for all inclusive this is not the hotel for you. I would pay a bit extra and go for a five star and probably closer to Nessabar.

Room Tip: The rooms on the higher floors may possibly less noisy. We were on the 5th and it was still quite n...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Alan151
Viktoriya K, Manager at smartline Meridian Hotel, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

Please note that Hotel Smartline Meridian is situated in busy area, this is the reason why there a lot of different kind of restaurants, bars and other places of enertainment.
The all inclusive that we offer is consistent with the international standarts and requirements. It is also agreed with all turoperators and agencies that we work with.

We would like to apologize for causing this inconvenience of your stay unpleasant. We hope to welcome you back next year and positively surprise you and live up to your expectations.
Sunderland, England, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

i returned from the meridian on the 23rd of september and after been there for 2 days a maid had been in my room and took over 400 levs out of my sisters bag and the hotel manager did nothing about it,the food was always terrible hardleys hot,staff in the hotel never spoke to us throughout our whole stay the only friendly person in the hotel was the animator he was the only one who tried to talk to us and bother with us i wont be going back to the meridian but i shall be going back to sunny beach

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Lauren C
Dear Guest,
We would like to thank you for sharing your opinion with us and we apologize to your disappointment.

Please note that for us the security in the hotel is very important, this is the reason why by this year we have police security beside the usual one in the hotel.
However, it is written on the reception and in every room that we do not take responsibility for your personal belongings in the room and that there is safes next to the reception, where you can put them.
Unfortunately, when something is stolen outside the hotel or it is lost, the tourists always blame the housekeepers, nevertheless that usually there is no proof against them. I can assure that our housekeepers work in the hotel for long time ago and they have proved their loyalty to our guests and do not steel.

We would like to ensure you that throughout every meal (breakfast, lunch or dinner) at the restaurant the quality of the food is strictly monitored. The restaurant menu is carefully composed by taking into account the international standards and requirements for four starts hotel. The breakfast includes every basic thing that people ate during morning like different type of eggs, meat, cornflakes, bread etc. The lunches and dinners include again different types of vegetables, fish, meat, salads etc. prepared by different kind of receipts, consistent by fourteen days menu agreed by the touroperators.

We would like to apologize again for causing this inconvenience of your stay unpleasant. We hope to welcome you back next year and positively surprise you and live up to your expectations.

Travelers are raving about these Sunny Beach hotels

westmidlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

We will be going back to meridian for sure the food is lovely always something to choose here to eat. Breakfast there was a good choice all kinds of eggs done fresh all the time large choice of breakfast, the only negative we have is they were always running out of cutlery and cups for coffee/tea, this was irritating at times plus only 1 toaster which was very slow indeed. As for lunch and tea again a wide choice always plenty meat on if any one leaves hungry its there own fault because lots to choose from, the chefs are good and the cake is so beautiful iv`e never had sponge so light and gorgeous.If I had to say negatives it would be the all inclusive bar is on the 11th floor and you have to use this after 6 pm, which is backwards when the entertainment is by the pool on bottom floor which is bonkers. The other thing which drove us mad was the lifts breaking down and takes ages. But we would return even after the negatives, as for the rooms we couldn't fault them lovely and clean towels changed every day beds made rooms cleaned daily, the cleaners were wonderful and every one should leave a tip for cleaners we thought. If I could say I wish there was at least some English entertainment at the hotel and other guests were saying the same thing so we all went out else where for this.

Room Tip: best to get top floor so your by the resraurant and don't have to wait for lift.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank karen f
Dear Guest,

We would like to note that there is an all inclusive bar on the ground floor restaurant which is also near to the pool. As for the lifts, we already know that there is a problem and we assure that we will do our best to fixt them.

We hope to welcome you back next year!