We travelled out to Meridian hotel on the 14th May 2012 for one week, bed and breakfast as 2 couples (all aged 19). after reading a lot of reviews complaining i was a little worried about what it was actually like, but to be honest i dont see the problem, i thought it was a lovely hotel & the day we got back we have decided to all go to the Meridian again, just self catering.
The hotel was clean and modern, with maids cleaning almost every day. the balcony view was lovely. we decided to get a safe (35v levs) which i would recommend just to be on the safe side. We found some staff to be quite nice, with them letting us use there printer and computer behind the reception desk free of charge so that we could print our boarding passes out for when we left, but the other members of staff just let us get on with it (to be honest i didnt go to the hotel to make friends with them)
The only down side would be the food, as we were only B&B we were quite relieved, we only went to breakfast once, the rest we ate out. The food didnt look appetizing, and didnt taste the best either. I would suggest this hotel, but as self catering.
The hotel is situated in a busy area, with a lot of atmosphere outside i would deffinatly recommed the Mexico bar, 'Patrick' the bar man is so funny and lovely, there are also a lot of places to eat, however i wouldnt recommend 'The House' as i suffered from food poisioning from there.
If you decide to travel to Nessebar, just as a tip i would keep all belongings safe as we heard that the bus was known for people stealing, and my friend who we travelled with got her purse stolen, so be EXTRA safe.
All in all it was a lovely holiday even with the stolen purse, the weather, and being ill, there was a lot of things to do and will hopefully be returning to the Meridian later this year.
P.s just as a tip, point the shower to the wall, as this helps avoid flooding the bathroom out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- smartline Meridian is a nice and modernly designed hotel located a stone's throw from the long fine sandy Sunny Beach. The hotel is perfect for those who want to stay close to the beach but not want miss out on the nightlife. If you want an extra convenient holiday, you can add All Inclusive to your booking. smartline Meridian feature a pool area with a pool bar, and the hotel's main restaurant offers breath-taking views of Sunny Beach. Lively nightlife and numerous restaurants and shops is awaiting around the corner from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Cancelon, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your smartline Meridian Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Meridian Hotel Sunny Beach
- Smartline Meridian Hotel Sunny Beach, Burgas Province, Bulgaria