The hotel is quite big, 6 floors – but only one elevator works! My friend and me got a room on the first floor, above the reception. When we were using the shower the pipes were leaking and flooding the reception, so they asked us not to use the shower! We waited 2 days for a change of rooms and had to constantly remind the receptionist about it, he didn’t care! After a few days we had a problem with hotel towels, the cleaning lady took them and didn’t leave any new. At the reception they said we lost them and they made us pay 40 euro for them or they wouldn’t give our passports back! Seems impossible? It’s just the start! The sheets and pillow cases are dirty, the doors leading to the room wouldn’t close without a huge bang (which was making the neighbors angry) and the bathroom handle was constantly falling off. When you go to the reception to complain they don’t really care, hardly anyone speaks English! When you want to see the manager they bring you someone looking like a cleaning lady who is absolutely incompetent and speaks only Russian. The only advantage of the hotel is it’s location – in the strict centre of the town. But if you plan a family holiday – it gets very loud in the evening. The food is dreadful, every day the same, the meat is undercooked – it gives you stomach trouble. We had all inclusive – and regretted it dreadfully. Outside the hotel food is good and rather cheap, and after 3 days we just couldn’t stand the hotel food. The same goes for the alcohol. It’s not original, it’s being poured to the original bottles of Savoy but you don’t really know what it is and it tastes horrible. The staff is rude and incompetent, only the bartenders were nice, probably because we are girls.
So if you really want to have a good holiday, do yourself a favor and choose another hotel! I’ve been to Bulgaria 4 times already and didn’t have any problems in other hotels, Sunny Beach is really wonderful so don’t get put off by my opinion – it’s only about the hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The four-star MPM Hotel KALINA GARDEN is situated in the heart of the biggest Black sea resort Sunny Beach, only 150 m. Away from the sandy beach and comprises of 320 spacious and stylishly decorated rooms. The Hotel offers open air parking lot against additional charge, free Wi-Fi internet access in public areas, video games, billiards, body and beauty treatments.Hotel MPM Kalina Garden operates All Inclusive Premium bases and features a Main restaurant, Snacks bar, lobby bar, outdoor swimming pool with integrated kids section, open-air fitness, mini-golf, kids play ground, entertainment and performance. Besides the meals the All Inclusive Premium package includes kids mini club, evening animation and show programs, daily sports animation schedule, thematic cuisine evenings, WiFi access in the whole property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your MPM Kalina Garden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kalina Garden Hotel Sunny Beach
- Kalina Garden Sunny Beach
- MPM Kalina Garden Sunny Beach, Burgas Province, Bulgaria