“definitley not 3 star accommodation more like half to one star”

Park-Hotel Continental
Ranked #157 of 222 Hotels in Sunny Beach
Reviewed September 21, 2010

The only decent thing about this hotel was Jimmy's bar. The staff there were none other than first class very welcoming and friendly, more helpful than the reception staff with any quieries had about the resort. Next good thing was towels changed everyday & bedding every other day.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank loverofbulgaria

Reviewed August 29, 2010

We arrived at 4am and couldn't wait to get to our room to go to bed.
We booked with on the beach and had trouble checking in as they couldn't find our booking. We thought it was nice that they had made us a packed lunch... Until we went to eat it. Obviously had been made the day before... The bread was stale and the meat was like cat food.
The room was a real dissapointment... No aircon, on a main road, see through curtains, mouldy shower, dirty bed sheets.
The hotel itself is in need of refurbishment with very drab decor. The building arrangement felt like you were in a prison.
We could not face one night in this hotel so paid for a new hotel one road a long... Hotel Meridian.

• Stayed: July 2010
1  Thank Kirstie1986
Reviewed August 16, 2010

This summer was my third holiday in this hotel and I`ve always wondered how people write all these comments, they weren’t in the same hotel I guess :)
Of course the hotel is not super lux, but in the 3*+ part which I book there is everything u need for a perfect holiday and the price was more than attractive. The hotel is at 20 min walk from the center that makes it a hidden and quiet paradise comparing to the other centrally located hotels, I can’t imagine how ppl in the other hotels could stand the 24 hours of noise and cars and loud music. Besides that the area around the pool is fab – pool bar and huge space with a pine forest with benches in it, plenty of sun beds and children playground. The stuff is more than friendly; they are very polite and careful and patient to all the clients there although most of them were too spoilt if u ask me.
Last 2 years I was on BB and it was ok for me, this summer for first year the hotel offered AI and it was a good start I might say – enough choice for everybody, drinks and crackers whole day long.
Don’t ignore all the reviews but I think my photos show better the reality and the reason I go there so often.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 5, 2010

Do not stay here! The photos do not show the real state of this place. The staff are the most rude, unfriendly people I have ever had the misfortune to come across. I have travelled many times to Greece, Spain, Turkey etc and have never, ever written a bad review until now!
Vomit in the restaurant at breakfast time on our first morning, the most disgusting pillows ever, filthy windows, shower etc. Please look at my photos.
Very Eastern European, one woman felt the need to spit in the swimming pool as she walked by!
No late room check out and no courtesy room meaning we had to sit around from 12 lunchtime until our pickup at 2.45 in the morning!
We stayed in the 3* bit which was vile - if you are in the 2* - heaven help you!
Sunny Beach is an awful resort, if you can't get out of this holiday, go to Nessebar which was actually very nice. Unfortunately we only discovered it on our final day.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank Itsonlybloodyme
Reviewed August 2, 2010

I just came back from a weekend trip in Bulgaria. I wanted to visit the southern part of the seaside, the Sunny Beach-Nessebar area, because until now I used to visit only the northern part, being delighted by Golden Sands and St Constantine and Helen area.

First of all, I would like to say it screaming JUST HOW THE HELL WOULD SOMEONE COULD EVEN COMPARE SUNNY BEACH WITH GOLDEN SANDS?????!!!!!!

Golden Sands has class, an aesthetic concept, intimacy, color, Sunny Beach, instead of this, comes with a looong street filled with traffic, noisy, a chain of hotels with no aesthetic concept, a communist era mammoth hotel called Burgas which dominates the whole beach area, and some dreadful and unkind people, histeric and always angry, set to trick you.

Every corner in Golden Sands is paved, taken care of, clean, neat , filled with green, flowers, palms,etc. Sunny Beach has a lot of dirty places, and not only on the back alleys, is a kind of Romanian resort but slightly better.

And now to the Continental hotel(what a ridiculous and pompous name for such a filthy place). The first thing that catches your eye is the big and very well placed swimming pool, surrounded by pine trees, so that it gives the impression that is in the middle of the forest. There you have also the possibility to have drinks seated on water immersed chairs, a good and refreshing idea. But the good thinks end here.

First of all , to begin, MY CAR WAS TOWED AWAY WHILE WE WERE DOING THE CHECK IN , if you can believe that, It was parked half yard away of the small parking area in front of the hotel, (always insufficient and filled probably with cars of the personnel). It was really an alley closed to traffic, nobody was there, but the vigilant eye of the guy who supervised the parking area, who phoned instantly at the towing company to sell them the information, so they could pick up our car in 10 minutes, while we were checking in at the very same hotel that the guy was working for and getting paid by!!!!

Whatever, I tried to get over this lousy event and enjoy the stay with a family of friends and a cousin. The rooms lack air conditioned and are really worn out, dirty, the bathroom small and claustrophobic, but the worse thing by far are the beds, with impossible mattresses, making it very difficult to get some sleep in the night time.

The breakfast included in the 90 leva price of the room(approximate. 50 euro), was buffet style, the cofee cheap and horrible, as meat was some fried cheap ham, etc. The personnel is arrogant and tricky.

The only good thing that came later it was the old town Nessebar that is 3 miles away, a gem really, and you can find muuuuuuuch better hotels there for slightly higher rates. .

So avoid these hotel unless you like only to stay ( and spend the night ) in the swimming pool area all day.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
3  Thank adrianpocea
Reviewed July 28, 2010

Extremely bad really dirty and worn out rooms lot of insects but nice persons in bar and pool bar .only for young people no relaxation in hotel and balcony is very bad

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2010

Like we did. I have never listened to hotel reviews or been compelled to write one myself, however please take my advice when i say do not stay at this hotel. We have just returned from a week in the continental and it is beyond apalling....a 1960's concrete nightmare with small rooms and paper thin walls. The worst place i have ever stayed avoid it like the plague!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple