“A very cozy and calm place- an oasis among the crowded resort center” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Park-Hotel Continental

and 1 more site!
Park-Hotel Continental
Ranked #114 of 219 Hotels in Sunny Beach
Sofia, Bulgaria
“A very cozy and calm place- an oasis among the crowded resort center”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2010

This summer was my third holiday in this hotel and I`ve always wondered how people write all these comments, they weren’t in the same hotel I guess :)
Of course the hotel is not super lux, but in the 3*+ part which I book there is everything u need for a perfect holiday and the price was more than attractive. The hotel is at 20 min walk from the center that makes it a hidden and quiet paradise comparing to the other centrally located hotels, I can’t imagine how ppl in the other hotels could stand the 24 hours of noise and cars and loud music. Besides that the area around the pool is fab – pool bar and huge space with a pine forest with benches in it, plenty of sun beds and children playground. The stuff is more than friendly; they are very polite and careful and patient to all the clients there although most of them were too spoilt if u ask me.
Last 2 years I was on BB and it was ok for me, this summer for first year the hotel offered AI and it was a good start I might say – enough choice for everybody, drinks and crackers whole day long.
Don’t ignore all the reviews but I think my photos show better the reality and the reason I go there so often.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Slovak first
salisbury
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2010

Do not stay here! The photos do not show the real state of this place. The staff are the most rude, unfriendly people I have ever had the misfortune to come across. I have travelled many times to Greece, Spain, Turkey etc and have never, ever written a bad review until now!
Vomit in the restaurant at breakfast time on our first morning, the most disgusting pillows ever, filthy windows, shower etc. Please look at my photos.
Very Eastern European, one woman felt the need to spit in the swimming pool as she walked by!
No late room check out and no courtesy room meaning we had to sit around from 12 lunchtime until our pickup at 2.45 in the morning!
We stayed in the 3* bit which was vile - if you are in the 2* - heaven help you!
Sunny Beach is an awful resort, if you can't get out of this holiday, go to Nessebar which was actually very nice. Unfortunately we only discovered it on our final day.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank Itsonlybloodyme

Travelers are raving about these Sunny Beach hotels

constanta
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2010

I just came back from a weekend trip in Bulgaria. I wanted to visit the southern part of the seaside, the Sunny Beach-Nessebar area, because until now I used to visit only the northern part, being delighted by Golden Sands and St Constantine and Helen area.

First of all, I would like to say it screaming JUST HOW THE HELL WOULD SOMEONE COULD EVEN COMPARE SUNNY BEACH WITH GOLDEN SANDS?????!!!!!!

Golden Sands has class, an aesthetic concept, intimacy, color, Sunny Beach, instead of this, comes with a looong street filled with traffic, noisy, a chain of hotels with no aesthetic concept, a communist era mammoth hotel called Burgas which dominates the whole beach area, and some dreadful and unkind people, histeric and always angry, set to trick you.

Every corner in Golden Sands is paved, taken care of, clean, neat , filled with green, flowers, palms,etc. Sunny Beach has a lot of dirty places, and not only on the back alleys, is a kind of Romanian resort but slightly better.

And now to the Continental hotel(what a ridiculous and pompous name for such a filthy place). The first thing that catches your eye is the big and very well placed swimming pool, surrounded by pine trees, so that it gives the impression that is in the middle of the forest. There you have also the possibility to have drinks seated on water immersed chairs, a good and refreshing idea. But the good thinks end here.

First of all , to begin, MY CAR WAS TOWED AWAY WHILE WE WERE DOING THE CHECK IN , if you can believe that, It was parked half yard away of the small parking area in front of the hotel, (always insufficient and filled probably with cars of the personnel). It was really an alley closed to traffic, nobody was there, but the vigilant eye of the guy who supervised the parking area, who phoned instantly at the towing company to sell them the information, so they could pick up our car in 10 minutes, while we were checking in at the very same hotel that the guy was working for and getting paid by!!!!

Whatever, I tried to get over this lousy event and enjoy the stay with a family of friends and a cousin. The rooms lack air conditioned and are really worn out, dirty, the bathroom small and claustrophobic, but the worse thing by far are the beds, with impossible mattresses, making it very difficult to get some sleep in the night time.

The breakfast included in the 90 leva price of the room(approximate. 50 euro), was buffet style, the cofee cheap and horrible, as meat was some fried cheap ham, etc. The personnel is arrogant and tricky.

The only good thing that came later it was the old town Nessebar that is 3 miles away, a gem really, and you can find muuuuuuuch better hotels there for slightly higher rates. .

So avoid these hotel unless you like only to stay ( and spend the night ) in the swimming pool area all day.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
3 Thank adrianpocea
Odense, Denmark
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2010

Extremely bad really dirty and worn out rooms lot of insects but nice persons in bar and pool bar .only for young people no relaxation in hotel and balcony is very bad

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2010

Like we did. I have never listened to hotel reviews or been compelled to write one myself, however please take my advice when i say do not stay at this hotel. We have just returned from a week in the continental and it is beyond apalling....a 1960's concrete nightmare with small rooms and paper thin walls. The worst place i have ever stayed avoid it like the plague!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Scotland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2010

Bit dissapointed when we arrived, beds had dead bugs in them and sofa bed was covered in spider webs. Went to reception to complain and they laughed about it but moved us room which was much better and cleaner. Shame rooms didnt have air conditioning but could hire a fan from reception. Staff could have been a bit more pleasant especially restaurant staff. We only ate twice there and had salad as everything else was disgusting! Ended up just going to local restaurants which were just FAB especially the morris steakhouse at the beach, really cheap and food is brilliant! My daughter enjoyed the pool here and the park, handy for the kids if the weather isnt too good. I def wouldnt go back to this hotel, its not serisouly bad but seen a lot better close by, good thing is the location as its next to the beach and shops, also bus and train cars are right outside to take you to the centre. It can also be a bit noisy at night, had to wear earplugs lol but I guess everyone is there to have fun!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank chazybaby1
Scotland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2010

We had a 10 day stay at this hotel as a last minute decision to go on a short break. We had never been in Bulgaria before and although we had for and against decided to go for it. We were a bit disappointed at the start as we were dropped off at the Hotel Continental Vista which looked lovely then we were taken to the other part of the hotel which we thought was not quite what we were expecting, still when we were shown our room we were pleased as it was overlooking the pool and spotless with two larger than single beds which were so comfortable, bed linen and towels the same, only pitfall no air conditioning in this part of the hotel we just copied other couples who obviously had stayed at this hotel before and opened front and bacony door to let the air flow through the room. Still we had a fridge which was sufficient enough to cool our drinks.

There is safety deposit boxes at reception which does not cost a lot, the reception staff were very helpful even though most of them could not speak english, but we have to remember we are in their country, on the whole the people were lovely.

The beach is only a short walk away and I would say this is the quiet part of Sunny Beach, we went on the bus which is only one lev wherever you want to go and the bus stop is just out the back door of the hotel at the main road.. Along at the busier part is not so nice and we could not get away quick enough. The hire of beds/umbrella on the beach could work out very expensive for families 22 lev for two people per day so most people buy mats /lilo and an unbrella to do them for the holiday, and you can take them home, you are not charged at the hotel as we were informed. The pool at the hotel and the surrounding area is very well maintained we watched them cleaning and gardening every morning early, there is a small snack bar were you can buy pizza etc for very little, and it is good. I did notice that they did all inclusive for families, but it is not the same, no frozen drinks on tap near the pool or dining room it seems to be more fruit juice or water. We were half board and that was my only complaint, the food is repetitive, there is plenty of it, but very much the same meals all the time, the sweets are lovely but no ice cream mostly pastries. There are so many great restaurants nearby I would have liked to try them out.

This hotel is by no means plush, you are only getting what you pay for, but it is not the worst hotel I have stayed in, and yes I would go back again now that I have more knowledge of the place. Sunny Beach is frequented by Bulgarian/Russian families mostly and they do cater for children. Most of the Russian people we met were terrific but had never even heard of Scotland, so it was quite difficult to communicate.

There is a restaurant just outside the back of the hotel called the Red and White with staff next to none in kindness and friendliness, it must be very popular as we noticed most of the people were greeted like old friends who came back again and again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple