“Worst hotel ever”

and 1 more site!
Arda Hotel
Ranked #141 of 222 Hotels in Sunny Beach
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Been to sunny beach 7 times in 6 years The Hotel ARDA is the worse hotel ever stayed from 25 august to 8 sept we know it was a 2 star when we booked but we expected better . when we arrived a tap had been leaking /which the water had run out of the bathroom into the room and wet all the carpet it took 3 days before they came to look at it .beds were changed 1 in the 2 weeks only to be replaced by sheets with holes in towels same changed 1 in the 2 weeks We went b and b thank goodness breakfast terrible had toast jam everyday only thing worth eating We will be going to sunny beach again .but not to the Hotel ARDA .

Room Tip: higher floors better views

Reviewed September 13, 2012

My three friends and myself stayed here , room only for 2 weeks from the 27th august to 10th september , i'm so pleased it was room only as i dont think i could have eaten the food . The room was filthy , i had to ask for clean towels , and the sheets were changed once in the 2 weeks . No fridge , no tv and no air con. the bed was like a board with a bit of sponge on it for a mattress . The only good thing about it was its handy position for the shops and the beach . We requested to be moved and had 3 different rooms, but gave up on this as they were all the same . I was told that if we paid another £100 we could be moved to the 3 star part of the building . we declined and just didnt stay in the room much . we had to clean the shower and bathroom ourselves as the cleaner only emptied the waste bins . So if you are going to stay here , please be warned ,it is awful.

Room Tip: none in the 2 star part
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 8, 2012

I was in Arda hotel since 6 to 20 august 2012 with a friend. It's a good place if you need a bed, a shower, good air conditioning. We had a fridge in our room, it was very useful cause we drank a lot of water. Sometimes we had problems with hot water in our bathroom since 12 to 13 o'clock and at the evening since 18 to 19 o'clock.
There was no varied breakfast that is why better to eat outside. All rooms are with balconies, it's convinient to dry towels and swimsuits. But we should bind our towels because one night the wind stole our towels.
This hotel is situated near the beach - only 3-5 minutes and we every day passed this time over.
So, it's great place for students, for young pairs, and other people who don't pay attention to different trifles such as changing of towels not thrice a week only twice a week and so on.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Yulia_Kr
Reviewed September 7, 2012

We stayed in the Hotel Arda from the 27th of August till the 3rd of September.
We had booked a 3 star room, when we arrived we were put in a 2 star room on the 5th floor. We complained and where told that the room was in fact a 3 star.
This was not the case, as the room was not the room I booked from the brochure.
It was a 2 star room with a fridge and television passing it off as a 3 star.
I complained again and showed them the difference of rooms on my I phone. The woman continued to argue with us. I phoned Balkan in London explained the situation they told me they would phone the rep Steve. At the welcome meeting I raised our matter with Steve we was helpful enough. It took us till the Thursday of our holiday to get the 3 star room that we had bought and paid for. I must say that the 3 star room was much bigger that the previous 2 star one. The carpet in the room was very stained but overall the room was liveable.
I would not recommend this hotel to anyone, and would advise dont take No for an answer if u find yourself in a similar situation.
I would go back to Bulgaria but not Sunny Beach but that is just down to personal choice. Good luck to anyone due to be going soon.

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank Cats33333333333
Reviewed September 5, 2012

just back from Bulgaria, stayed in the Arda, it was awful, please believe me, i read the reviews and thought it couldn't be as bad as the reviews, believe me it was, the carpet was filthy, as was the mirror, the shower door did not close, the toilet did not flush, do I need to go on. when I met with the Balkan rep, steve, he did not want to know. witnessed people arriving and leaving the same day. I am not a fuss pot and would put my head down anywhere,as long at it was clean, oh please it was just awful, the sheets were not changed, the towels every four days, could go on and on but hope you have got the message. anyone how says it is good, the mind boggles as to what they must live in if the like this place forgot to mention the toilet words could not describe them, as for the smell, really dont want to even think about it.

Room Tip: there is none
4  Thank Siobhan M
Reviewed September 4, 2012

poor menu selection for evening meal
towels changed every three days put down to change cleaner just hung them back up
beds never made
veranda never cleaned
it is the worst hotel i have ever stayed in never again

1  Thank William H
Reviewed August 29, 2012

got back from the arda hotel on the 25th aug, after reading what people were saying about it wasnt looking forward to going really. But it wasnt half as bad as what other people said. room was dated but ok for what we needed it for was stayed in the 2* bit so had no air con but didnt really need it. Rooms weres cleaned everyday, beds are alittle hard but apart from that it was fine. You get what you pay for. Sunny beach is a great place to visit we'll be back next year :)

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family