“Strange experience!”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Bistro Billy

Bistro Billy
Ranked #38 of 140 Restaurants in Sunny Beach
Cuisines: Bar, European, Barbecue, Pub
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Tyrone
“Strange experience!”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

We were walking around our first night in Sunny Beach, getting a feel for the place. It was quite late and Bistro Billy was still serving and so we went in to eat. I ordered a bottle of wine with my meal and my partner got a few beers. The food was fine, we were that hungry after our flight anything would have pleased us. As we paid and give a tip, the waitress suggested that we were too drunk to walk back to our hotel 5 minutes away and was aware it was our first night there. I found this strange as we literally had 3 drinks each and were far from drunk! She called over to a taxi man opposite to take us home "as it was too dangerous for us to walk"! Got into the taxi and I had read reviews about taxis ripping off people. I asked him how much it was - the hotel was a 5 minute walk, and he said "20 lev"!!! I imediately got out of the taxi as I refused to be ripped off, and the taxi man bombarded us with abuse. The waitress came running over to see what the problem was and I explained that it was too exspensive!! Two nights later we made the mistake of walking past the restaurant and the waitress caught our eye and came running at us "excuse me, I want to talk to you", my partner ignored here to which she screamed "I am a lady, talk to me". We were totally freaked by this and continued to walk on - it put a dampner on our holiday. I suspect they were all working together in an effort to rip of tourists so be careful!!

• Visited August 2012

• Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Lincolnshire
“Good Night At Billys”
Reviewed July 18, 2012

We spent the last night of our recent holiday at Bistro Billys and had a really good time.
We had two main courses and three bottles of very pleasant rose wine for what amounted to a total of £42.
Food was good and decent sized portions, our waiter was very attentive and friendly, topping up our wine glasses regularly.
There was a couple doing duets as background music which added to the overall atmosphere.
Had a really good night there for what we considered to be a reasonable price, would definitely go there again.

• Visited July 2012
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Cheap Prices for Cheap Food”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Tried it due to previous reviews but found it not very good.
The Lamb from the spit was Mutton from the spit and the T bone was not beef.
Cheap cuts at cheap prices, service was excellent but would not return.

• Visited July 2012
West Brom England
“very average .. for the price”
Reviewed June 13, 2012

food was poor quality.. the best thing was the entertainment..

Visited June 2012
Thank Mr.EEE
Cavan, Ireland
“bistro billys a no no”
Reviewed June 6, 2012

was in sunny beach 2 weeks ago. my friends and i decided to go into bistro billy's. looked lovely from the outside and inside. i orded the fish cakes for starters, they came out and one of my friends took a bite and the fish was still coverd in a plastic wrapper and so were all the other fish cakes. never seen the likes of it. we didnt eat the rest of the meal as we thought it would not be safe to eat here. very disappointed with bistro billys one of my worst of experiences.

• Visited May 2012