Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 7, 2019

my wife and i just spent a very pleasant week in the hotel dunav. our room was 309, and was extremely clean and very quiet. the shower was excellent. we spent a lot of time by the pool. the pool was clean, but maybe the lifeguard/staff could stop the people putting their towels out so early, as we went to breakfast 1 day at 0730, and nearly all the good spots were already taken, but noone there or in the breakfast room. also the children continuously jumping in the pool and splashing was a tad annoying, considering there were signs saying "No jumping into pool". the sun beds were extremely comfy, and the service was very friendly and quick at the pool bar. the food was good in the restaurant (sunny beach is not good for vegetarians though), and we though the menu was very varied. breakfast was very good and a lot to choose from. overall, a good week, and very lucky with the weather. arrived in rain, and left in rain, but lovely sunshine for the days we were there! :)

1  Thank jonlil1999
Reviewed August 1, 2019 via mobile

Our family stayed here for 11 nights the hotel was very clean and tidy. No too many complaints.. breakfast was good with freshly cooked bacon and eggs (off the hot plate) with good selection breads for toast plenty tea and coffee. Lunch and evening meal again good selection of salad (they do chop it rather thick though) and soups a mixture of Bulgarian and European foods. Complaint number 1 the bartender (no name badge) at lunch and evening meal bar was very ignorant and be aware if your carrying plates etc the waiters will not give way to you their ruthless.

The rooms was clean and tidy when you first arrive however the cleaners do the bare necessity in the room when cleaning it they didn’t change our pillow cases for 2 days and our daughter dropped her cap off the deodorant under the sink in the bathroom on day 1 and it was still there when we left. glasses were not replaced at all in our room for the full duration.

Complaint number 2 the beds are very low and not very comfortable but the worse has to be finding somebody’s underwear left in the wardrobe.

The pool was cold but until 1 pm every day most of it was in the shade but once your in it’s fine the poolside bar was fine and the bartender (can’t remember his name) was very helpful and well mannered my wife and daughter loved the ice creams and pizza served. 1 day a week no life guard on the pool

We accidentally bumped into the hotel owner in the lift who was very pleasant and very talkative a real nice man (even though he didn’t say it was his hotel.

Put the conclusion we enjoyed our stay apart from the complaints lists and we would go back here it’s just a shame the all inclusive closes at 10 pm

Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank leighrush
Reviewed July 26, 2019

We have just returned from 11 nights all inclusive here. I really don’t know where to start with praising the Hotel Dunav. The place is spotlessly clean and there is an absolute army of cleaners working tirelessly day and night. We even saw the pool being cleaned numerous times.

The food was varied every day and always something new to try. The meat was always cooked
To perfection and so tender it would melt in your mouth. The WiFi signal worked in reception, by the pool and in our room on the 7th floor with no issues.

There were 3 lifts so that was never an issue. Staff were always on hand to help. The all inclusive includes pizzas, spaghetti pots and I’ve creams from 10-5 every day and fabulous burgers from 12-2 each day in addition to a wonderful breakfast lunch and dinner.

This was a fantastic find as we only booked 2 weeks prior to going and we are already looking at 2020.

Well done Hotel Dunav!!!

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
5  Thank mark e
Reviewed July 22, 2019

We are a family of 6. Had to book two rooms, and that’s fine since we are so many. However upon arrival we twice requested connecting rooms. We got rooms beside eachother but not with a connecting door. The children is 9,7,5 and 4. That was sort of ok, but we didn’t even get the balcony beside eachother. That sucked. We asked for a change of rooms because of this, but that wasn’t possible. The cleaning of rooms was ok, they missed a day tough. One morning I was in the reception to request late check out, the receptionist asked if she could send someone up with a towel to the next room, I assumed to my family so I said ok. A man came to the room. He had no towel and I didn’t let him in. He got offensive and I got mad and told him to leave. He didn’t speak english. He then woke up the room next door to go and get towels on the roof that other guests above us had lost. Honestly use a ladder next time. Don’t wake up guests! I complained to the recepsionist immediatly who told me that she had told me that he was getting the towels. I said that we clearly have misunderstood eachother. She kept saying that she told me instead of appologice. I told her that they can’t send straff to the rooms that can’t speak a Word english, she told me rude that I was in Bulgaria. I told her that thanks to me and all the other guest on the hotel that she and her colleagues had a job. The staff doesn’t know what guest service is. They don’t smile or greet the guests. Mostly they look like they hate their jobs.

So to the food. We had all inclusive and the food was almost the same every day. No variation. I need gluten free food and you won’t find any labels on the buffe. If you ask the staff if the food is gluten free they respond either I don’t know, I guess or I’m not the cook. I get really sick if I eat food with gluten, so for me it is importan that I know what I eat. They had a sign over the buffe that stated that cereals could have gluten in them. That was it. When I asked to get meat without sauce they arranged that. Because of the lack of labeling we chose to eat outside of the hotel mostly.

The pool is way to cold. Our daughter got an allergic reaction all over her body after two days in the pool. It smelled and felt unhygenic.

There are no wifi in the rooms. Very unexpected in 2019. They claim there is, but none of our devices received a wifi connection.

I will not recommend this hotel.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed January 18, 2019

We stayed at hotel Dunav in May 2018 with my 14-years old son. Nothing to complain, we only had breakfast which was a really good start to a day walking around Southern Sunny beach and the centre, and visiting also Nessebar. Taxi drivers next to the shop located near the entrance of the hotel had ok prices if you wanted to use their services. Mini train did not run yet, in Mid-May. Swimming pool outside was ok size for that time of the year, not too many other hotel guests were ready to swim, no rush hours but my son and me :D We enjoyed a lot and made a booking for this May too, just in case we are able to come back :)

Date of stay: May 2018