“Perfect vacation”

and 1 more site!
Hotel Jupiter
Ranked #100 of 222 Hotels in Sunny Beach
Reviewed May 10, 2013

First of all, I liked the location of the hotel very much-a quiet place with a big and spacious garden.We had a room with a great view to the sea and it was cleaned every day.The breakfast was very delicious and always warm and fresh.The staff is great-very friendly and polite people.We are really charmed because they made our holiday macigial and we definitely will be back again.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank jelev86

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Just arrived back from Jupiter hotel in Sunny Beach 07/09/2012.Was feeling nervous after reading the reviews of this hotel as we have been to Sunny beach lots of times but got a good deal so thought why not give it a try. We arrived at midnight to a friendly receptionist and bell boy check in was quick and helpful. The room we had was spacious and very clean, we got clean towels and bedding every other day, the staff were always friendly to us as we were to them. Breakfast was wonderful.The pool area was very quiet and relaxing.All in all we had a fantastic time and would definately go back to this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank LisaPorter123
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Hi, I'm Petko. Unique hotel. I had a great staff made ​​me feel super comfortable. I'm going there again this summer. Recommend to every connoisseur of good food, quality alcohol just fine and the super staff service.

Room Tip: II've been in 2 rooms recommended by the pool. There are many ladies at the pool
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank 587Petko
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Checked in for a quick weekend stay with myself and my partner. Valet was very efficient and pleasant and helped with my bags to the front desk. Check in was a snap. Assigned a room with a resort view which was nice because given the orientation of the hotel we were looking North and had a very nice partial ocean view.

The room itself was clean and well maintained. Good solid furniture, mostly marble topped. A good number of plugs for devices, flat screen TV and fairly comfortable bed (a bit hard but for some that's great). AC worked very well and not loud. Bathroom nice, tub removed and shower with chocolate marble replaced it. Tommy Bahama toiletries. Good water pressure and temp.

The location can't be beat, direct beach front access, very nice. Outdoor tiki bar a great place to have a drink before dinner. Breakfast in the dining room buffet style and very good. Great service.

Overall, this is a nice hard product, however, the soft product here (staff) were excellent. Very nice, engaged, efficient and happy to be working here. Really makes a difference.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Miamiboys
Reviewed July 12, 2012 via mobile

Very poor hotel, and I've been to Sunny Beach many times before. Rooms were nothing like what we had seen on their website and we had to pay a hefty upgrade fee to get the standard of room we'd booked. Breakfast was terrible, even by Bulgarian standards. They also managed to 'misplace' our passports for ages, which was no wonder as they were just left lying around the reception for anyone to access. Loved Sunny Beach once again but wouldn't go back to the Jupiter if they paid me.

• Stayed: June 2012
8  Thank Jimmy N
Reviewed June 29, 2012

My wife and I booked to stay at the Jupiter Hotel in Sunny Beach at the start of June 2012. We had been to Sunny Beach before and decided upon the Jupiter after reading a couple of recent reviews praising the so-called 'new' Jupiter. I now wonder where exactly they actually stayed.

We arrived at the Jupiter and entered the grubby lobby/reception. It reminded me of a youth hostel. The casually dressed young disinterested guy at reception asked us for our passports and gave us our key and a card for our breakfasts. I spotted other guests passports just lying around the reception unsecured so insisted on getting ours back once he had taken the details he needed. He moaned about this but eventually agreed.

We had booked a room which was advertised as having air conditioning, satellite TV, mini fridge. We had booked through lowcostholidays. I double checked the hotel details on the hotel's own website and this also confirmed that ALL rooms at the Jupiter have (and i quote) air conditioning, minibar, satellite TV, spacious terrassa, view to pool, bathroom with shower cabin, wc, hairdryer. What an absolute lie.

The room we were given was spartan to say the least. It had no air conditioning; a priority for my pregnant wife. No tv... although there was a cable in the wall where the tv once had been. No fridge.... although there was a space where the fridge once had been. The bathroom consisted of a shower with the wc in it and it absolutely stank of sewerage/drains. There was bare wires coming out the walls, a light that flickered on and off, even when switched off, and a light socket that had a broken bulb in it. Basically, a health and safety nightmare... a deathtrap.

I immediately went back to reception and said that the room wasn't acceptable and explained about all the problems and what we had booked. I was met with absolute disinterest from a casually dressed young extremely rude female. She said that they had no control over what room we were given and that their 'booking agent' determined what rooms guests were allocated. She said that there was nothing she could do. No option to move room. No option to even pay more and 'upgrade' to what we had actually paid for. I showed her their own website on my phone and she said that it had nothing to do with them; that their 'booking agent' deals with all the details that are on it. Even my plea to get them to show some compassion on the grounds that my wife is pregnant was met with disinterest, shrugs of the shoulders, sighs, etc. It would seem as though it is your luck of the draw whether you get one of the rooms in the tall bit of the building (which possibly have move facilities), or the lower building with all the reject rooms.

I went back to the room and got on the phone to lowcostholidays who were great in trying to help as much as they could. As they use a 3rd party booking agent and the fact that it was now outwith Bulgarian office hours, they said that there was nothing that they could do to persuade the hotel to move us to a better room. Having heard our tale of woe they did though give us the option to move to another hotel the next day, so we opted for that after having to endure the horrible customer 'service' on offer at the Jupiter 'hotel'.

The young reception woman then knocked on our door with another older woman with her. I presumed she was the owner/manager of the 'hotel'. It was pointless them coming to speak as they just continued to re-explain that there was nothing they could do and again blamed the booking agency for the room we were in. I queried whether this hotel operated completely differently to every other hotel in the world, in that they have no control over the allocation of rooms. The woman said this was the case. She offered to stick a portable tv in the room. I declined this room improvement as I was then sick of the nonsence she was speaking and the priority for my wife was air conditioning. I pointed out to her that even a number was missing off of our room door along with all the other advertised amentites.

We slept that night in the room once we had got used to the flickery light and honking smell from the drains wafting into the room from the wc/shower.

Next morning the sun shone in through the thinnest curtains in the world and we headed down for breakfast. We wandered in and there was a casually dressed young girl in the breakfast area. After standing like lost puppies for ages we eventually worked out that this disinterested casually dressed girl actually worked there and approached her to give the cards to her so we could have breakfast. We shouldn't have even bothered. Breakfast options were - a small container with soft/old cornflakes in it, cherries, various sad looking containers with remnants of food, butter floating in a mass of water (no joke), dodgy looking eggs, tepid coffee that you could reheat in a microwave that was provided. The bread was lovely toasted. The cherries were also lovely. The breakfast place was very very grim and there were a lot of stoney faced other guests who seemed to get in and out of the place as quick as possible.

We went back to the room and prepared for leaving for our alternative hotel. We got another knock on the door from the moody female from reception who said that the booking agent would be coming to speak to us at some point later that day so to just stay in the room. Em, hello.... we're on holiday!!!!! I wasn't prepared to write off another day waiting around for someone to come along and fob us off with more excuses! I said to her that the stay in the Jupiter had runied our holiday so far and we were going to another hotel to actually start to get on with our break and start to enjoy our time in Sunny Beach. She just sighed and looked disinterested.

We handed in our keys and escaped.

We really enjoyed the rest of our time in Sunny Beach. It's a great resort and I would love to go back.... just not to the Jupiter. Research your hotel and go to one which has a lot of recent reviews, as opposed to the suspect positive couple of reviews we based our stay on.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank mrbridge
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Arrived with a group of friends to celebrate a birthday in Bulgaria Sunny Beach. We were all first time vistors and the hotel was recieved with mixed reviews.
First problem was that the party was split in to two areas of the hotel, the two storey buildings and the main high rise hotel. Big difference in standard, take care when booking it cost 135 lev to upgrade all to the same accomodation.
Pool area wasn't too bad, small charge for the mattress on the sun beds. Never saw anyone clean the pool whilst we were there.
Breakfast - not worth the bother

Room Tip: keep away from the two storey building
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends