“Never again”
Review of Forum Hotel

Forum Hotel
Ranked #118 of 222 Hotels in Sunny Beach
Reviewed September 24, 2012

My friends and i went all inclusive and came home over a stone lighter!the food was vile,no choice,snacks all through the day we were told,WRONG a slice of bread ,pate and a slice of tomato !staff were rude and unhappy,another guest woke up covered in bites from an infestation of bedmites in her room.No tea/coffe facilities in the rooms so much for four star,there was no information in english and the staff spoke very little broken english.
We were really gutted,we will never go there again ,also beware after 2nd week in Sept everyting in the resort closes down,including the bar on the beach owned by the forum?

Room Tip: building going on all the time.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed September 21, 2012

Myself and my partner stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks at the beginning of August.

Good points: the room was very modern, and was cleaned daily.
The drinks for AI were ok with a good selection.
The reception staff and bar staff were friendly.

Bad points: the food was horrendous, both myself and my partner were ill for a large amount of our holiday, they were serving pink chicken, raw fish, cooked tomatoes served in raw egg..all food was heated up then left cold then attemptedly heated with the buffet oil lamps ...(a lot of meat was so cold it tasted like it had come out the fridge) a lot food I had I bit in to then immediately spat out! I know for a fact we weren't the only ones to be very ill from eating here as a couple we met were also unwell and when I used the toilet in the reception I saw the all to familiar poo spray up the back of the toilet (almost to the seat)! Not relaxing rushing to the toilet every 5 minutes!

The pool is dirty, and needs some serious maintenance as has grass and weeds growing round the edges and leaks down one end.
There were nowhere near enough sun loungers (you had to put your towel down very early or you had no chance of getting one until the suns gone down) also a lot of the umbrellas were broken, and kept flying away (pretty dangerous).

Snacks were a joke, plate of old biscuits in the afternoon :-/

Our usual cleaning lady was lovely and always said hello. However one day another lady (old, quite large with short grey hair) cleaned our room, they forgot to give us any towels. I was just getting in the shower so my partner went and asked the maid for some towels she gave them to my partner who they started heading back to the room at this point the maid followed my girlfriend back to our room, my Gf said its ok we dont need you to come, the maid then tried to open our door, my Gf said she couldn't come in as I am undressed the maid grabbed and pushed my Gf still trying to get in. I heard the commotion and was forced to get dressed and come out and dissolve the issue. It's not out she had forgotten to issue us towels. This was just unbeliveabley rude behaviour! As you can imagine we were both less than impressed with this!

Lovely view of a sex shop from our balcony!

One barman openly dealing drugs outside the hotel and is constantly stoned! (he's very open about this)

Breakfast: if you enjoy English breakfasts your going to be disappointed. The nearest you will get is boiled egg and beans! They also serve what looks like hot dog sausages (doesn't taste like them unedible) dryed old bread with what looked like cheese toasted on top scrambled egg (well eggs floating in milk) and PASTA!!

We stopped eating at the hotel after a week we were so ill! We were still recovering a couple of weeks after returning home!

The people in Bulgaria are so rude (that's not the Bulgarians) its the russians and germans etc! they don't believe in Queuing or having manors! Was unbelievable at times.

The beach was far from beautiful was full of seaweed and the sand covered in cigarette butts. But was somehow the busiest beach iv ever seen.

In all this wasn't a great holiday! We won't be back. We hope people don't listen to the unbelievable 5 start reviews iv seen on for this hotel. There is something VERY dodgy going on as anyone who had been there would not rate it highly!

P.s. a good place to eat is the syberian restaurant. (left outta hotel then right down the far side of the hotel/shops there building) the veal steak was extremely Good!

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Honest_review_bb
Reviewed September 21, 2012

My partner and I travelled here on 9th sept for 2 weeks holiday with our friends. We are still here and happy to go home on sunday. Firstly i must say that I agree with Linda, most of the staff are extremely rude,unhelpful and unprofessional. This is our First time in Bulgaria and am unsure whether I will return due to several things associated with the hotel but we have had a great time due to the people we have met. I will disclose the full horrors on my return.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Joyce O
Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

ROOMS
We found the rooms a good size clean and comfortable towels are changed if you leave them in the shower.
FOOD
Breakfast was very poor for a four star hotel no bacon or fried eggs.
Lunch was the best meal of the day but was not hot enough. No microwave so you could heat it up which would of been handy. Crockery was cracked could not find any bowls without any chips the was chipped all the way round.
BAR
The drinks were ok you could get a glass but they kept running out of glasses it's a small hotel so this should not have been an issue. The seating area is not big enough for the hotel you should be allowed to use the snack pizza bar at the imperial as this has large grounds.We found the lady at the bar was always on her phone or not at the bar.

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank Cassamlee
Reviewed September 18, 2012

17/09/12 arrived home, this Hotel is not 4 star, bedrooms were fine, but towels only changed once, Pool was very dirty and not cleaned all week sand at the bottom. Crockery was all chipped in dining room. Female bar staff were very rude and when I asked for some drink at the bar her reply was Errr No and walked away. Sorry but we are easy to Please and when we left other guest were complaining to management. Snacks on the AI were a plate of biscuits, another day it was pate on toast, food was not good and we ate out most of the time. No entertainment, we understand it was near end of season but no excuse for such bad staff attitudes, the walk to Nessebar is at least 45 minutes but there are buses there and the noddy train which is well worth the 3 levs for the 10 minute ride. Childrens play area consists of 1 small plastic slide! My husband was told by bar staff that he spoke to fast, so next time at the bar he spoke slower, the barmaid then asked him not to speak to her as if she was a monkey, wonderful customer relations.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 8, 2012

We chose hotel Forum, because of all the good reviews. I can easily say that it lives up to those reviews. Jest nice and relaxing holiday. Friendly staff, who helped us with everything - directions, recommendations - everything. Food and beverages were also great. If you are still doubting where to book - this is the place.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Adam S
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Me and my girlfriend are just back from our trip to Sunny beach. We chose hotel Forum for the great value it offered for a 4-star hotel. It exceeded our expectations by far. Big and cozy rooms with all the amenities and friendly service. Since it is not a big hotel we got to know everybody working there - great team with wonderful management. Food was also delicious, nice variety and always plenty of it. I would highly recomment Forum for couples and families.

• Stayed: August 2012