“excellent value for money”

and 1 more site!
Sunny Day Hotel and Apartments
Ranked #49 of 220 Hotels in Sunny Beach
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“excellent value for money”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

we were very worried about this holiday due to the reviews we had read .However on arriving we were pleasantly surprised .Our room no 531 was large airy and immaculate ,the maids worked very hard to keep the hotel clean and rooms were cleaned every day .The hotel is within a very short walk to the lovely beach and far enough away from the nightlife to enjoy a quiet nights sleep .
The breakfast was ok and would have been better had the food been served hot and that which needed to be chilled ( yoghurt /cheese etc) been so .
However most people found plenty to eat I would say .
We found the staff friendly and helpful ,and it helps if you take the time to engage with them .
This was al in all an ideal cheap 7 day break and we had a great time .
No bed bugs that we could see or anything like it ,however it would have been better if the towels were changed at least every two days and beds as well ,3 days is a little long when on holiday .Trip to nessebar well worth it and only 1 lev each on the bus which stops outside the hotel .The beach was lovely although you have to pay 24 levs for a parasol and 2 beds which was felt to be a bit excessive ,also paying for loos in pubs etc where you are a customer also seems a little mean given that you are already buying food and drink there ( 0.50 levs) Per visit !
probably would return but would go earlier in the year as the weather was a bit hit and miss although when the sun was out it was very hot .

Room Tip: Rooms facing the sun are better as some appear to not get any balcony sun at all ours did no 531 .
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank ellenkidd

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Czech first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
worcestershire
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Me and my partner stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks and found it really nice. The breakfast was poor, so we ended up visiting jacks bar which wasn't too far away and had a breakfast there. The hotel room was clean and didn't have a problem at all. The staff are friendly and helpful. There was no entertainment in the evening like other hotels. Its perfect location as its a short walk from the sea front and you could sleep easy at night as not near the night life!!! Would definitely recommend this hotel to others!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Hannah C
Grimsby, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 8, 2012

This was my second visit to Sunny Day Hotel Bulgaria. Overall I rate the hotel highly, we arrived early hours Monday morn got up for breakfast air con not working suffered over 75 bites. Staff put portable air on unit in room for two nights after it was taken away the following morning woke up to find 200+ bites. Then we found them, bed bugs in the bed,behind the bed and sofa!! Within 10 minutes of showing one of the said creatures to reception they moved us to another room :-) The beds were rtaken away and room was fumigated. So I cannot fault the hotels reaction? I guess I was just unlucky?? unfortunately for me the Medical centre across the road diagnosed me as having Dermatitis Atopica and not bites?? Tottally ruined my holiday spent over six hours on a drip over two visits to Medical centre injections, sprays and creams....Bites finally clear 10 days after I got home. Still have got several photos of bites to remind me of my holiday......

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Ramsbott
watford
Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

We arrived home to Luton late last night, after 10 days at the hotel, we were a bit concerned beforehand with some reviews on here but once again I find it amazing what some people moan about, the hotel is clean, the rooms were serviced almost every day, the pool and slides both my kids enjoyed immensely and your about 5 minutes from an 8 mile long golden sandy beach, why do people complain so much, it's a cheap 3 star hotel, if you pay 5* money fair enough complain about the not so good breakfast but really ? You pay 3* money it's very very good value in my opinion, good enough that I'm quite looking forward to going back when I can.

• Stayed September 2012
4 Thank waggi
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 1, 2012

just back from this hotel today.will never go back to it. bar staff rude and ignorant dont expect any change if you dnt have the correct money. breakfast a joke seen better prepared dishes being scraped in the bin. dishes and mugs chipped at edges. coffee machne rarely refilled. dnt expect a lounger unless you set your alarm and even more dnt expect a hot shower after 5-30!!! the place is a joke the only friendly staff are the maids. on the up side found a friendly hotel /bar 50ydsup the road called friends would defo recomend it far supperior to sunny day.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank stephenq100

Travelers are raving about these Sunny Beach hotels

Shrewsbury UK
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Just returned from a weeks holiday at this 'hotel'.
Check in was fine, we were shown to our room by a friendly guy. Although once we were shown into the room, that's when things went down hill. The room looked clean, but smelt damp and musty. Air con wasn't working, however they did sort it out by the next day. The little handle on the shower, which determines if the water comes through the tap or through the shower, wouldn't stay up, which meant the water would only come through the tap. We ended up wedging a bar of soap under it to hold it in place. Once that was done, shower was very powerful and hot, providing you use it before 4.30. Mouldy tiles, also a bit off putting.
Towels changed a couple of times as we're beds, although never actually set eyes on the cleaner.
On our first morning, we went down for breakfast. What a joke!!! Biggest load of slop, I've ever seen. But, if 'slop' is your thing, the only plates they provide are small side plates and your hard pushed to find one of these without chips and cracks in, really poor quality! One toaster for the entire population of the hotel, even after putting your bread through 3 times, it still wouldn't resemble toast. Table clothes looked grubby, as did the condiments holder. We never tried any other meals as breakfast was so off putting. Oh, but the coffee was rather good!
The staff are miserable and arrogant, apart from the cleaners none are in any sort of uniform. Also standing behind the bar smoking, appears to be the norm, even lighting up in the breakfast room infront of a no smoking sign, really unprofessional, these people have a lot to learn about customer service.

AND FINALLY.....
To stand any chance of getting a sun bed, you have to be downstairs before 7. I spend my life getting up at 6 and working hard for my holidays, I didn't expect to have to set my alarm, just so I could get a sun bed. The majority of these people, hardly even use there beds as well.
Why does 3* accommodation vary so much???
The location of this hotel, was very good. About the only thing I wouldn't change.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Exodus1972
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I have just came home after staying in the sunny day club in sunny beach. We had a faboulus holiday and carnt wait to book up and go back. Our room was cleaned every day, the maid was friendly and VERY trustworthy. We left money, phones and valuables lying round and nothing was touched. The room it's self was very spacious and we had 2 balconys. I would definitely recommend this hotel to family's and couples.

• Stayed August 2012