“Value for money”

Palace Hotel
Ranked #7 of 220 Hotels in Sunny Beach
“Value for money”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

This is the first revue I have written so bare with me stayed on last two weeks in July and really enjoyed hotel and the area it was in food was not bad always found something to eat great views from all the. Bedrooms toilet really small but we knew that before we booked but how long do you spend in it staff really pleasant would stay here again no problem value for money drink in the hotel is dear compared to bars in the resort we eat out some times and have not had a bad meal have stayed in the mena palace twice but it is all inclusive now we would never do Ai in Bulgaria we have also stayed in the Orpheus it was nice two also the flora in nessebar also very good going back next year either the palace or fancy blue bay hotel if I can find some reviws

• Stayed July 2012
5 Thank Tigerti

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Pegswood, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 18, 2012

To all the people praising the room cleaners in this hotel. You must be very easily pleased. We were on the 11th floor and didn't see a cleaner before 3 in the afternoon (siesta time) and even then she did the minimum she could get away with. Don't get me wrong we had a wonderful time and the waiting and bar staff were great, and public areas in the hotel were spotless. The food was also quite nice and it was worth the money we payed but the cleaners let it down for us. We won't be going back to stay, we will however visit the staff again

3 Thank Carol S
Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

I have recently return from a fab holiday with my friend staying in this hotel, the rooms were ok but the bathroom was very small but fine. The staff were friendly especially Nash who was very chatty and mike who was very friendly always smiling. The locatation was perfect right nxt to the beach and bars Overall was a fab holiday met lovely freinds and we are staying in this hotel next year hopefully with our friends we met there

• Stayed August 2012
4 Thank Traceydixon
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 15, 2012

We have just returned today from 2 weeks in this hotel. Nots sure where to start!
We came to Bulgaria last year and stayed in the Bellvue, unfortunately is was £100 more expensive than last year so we chose next door (big mistake!) The staff are one big happy family and all get along very nice if you choose to get involved, they are the best part of the hotel. Unfortunately from the moment we stepped into the room we knew we had made a mistake. Very basic, I know we only sleep in them and I do say that myself but our room wasnt even clean, as you can see from my pictures. The same dust was on the floor for our 2 week stay! The bathroom (small wetroom) is awful and a big tip for the hotel is please do something with these bathrooms, very powerful shower but filthy mouldy bathroom, toilet is right next to shower so for u that like 2 showers per day the whole room is a no go until it all dries out! Not to forget the sliding glass living room door! Beds I thought were comfy although dew people had bachache for 2 weeks, balcony ok, lovely view, in our fridge we were greeted by something in a napkin that looked liked a german saussage and was still there 2 weeks later when we left! The food lacks very much choice but I would say 'try it' it is not as bad as it seems if you are prepared to try foreign food (we like that when we are on holiday). Mealtimes was also very busy especially breakfast, fighting for the tea and juice (whole area too small). Sunbeds around the pool very outdated and the matresses very thin, infact after 2 days we used the Hotel Majestic daily (that was a palace compared to ours!). On the whole we had a good 2 weeks just the two of us but if you are a fussy eater or you are big on clenliness I wouldnt go, I dont know if we just had a poor maid as there was dust everywhere and we even found a used cotton bud next to our bed on the last day, oh I was also given a notice about asking for too many towels, I was reminded that towels changed every 3 days and I think the linen was every 5! Looking back I wish we had paid the extra £100 for next door so sorry Palace Hotel we will not return! Oh and I forgot to say that if you like to get to sleep before 2am dont ask for a sea view, there is a new bar directly over the road called Amigos and although they close the doors you can hear the music until around 2am. I also forgot to mention the meal times are very restricting - breakfast is 8am-10am and evening meal 6pm-8pm!

Room Tip: Sorry there is none!
5 Thank mozza99
Wellingborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 13, 2012

For the last 3 years we have been to Palace Hotel and love it, every year there are many improvements to the hotel, just arrived back this week was on 9th floor maid brilliant lovely clean room everyday adding extra touches likes towels shape of boats and top sheet in fan on bed. We had sea view room and watching sunrise and sunset was brilliant over the sea and hearing the waves. Food always found something to eat as fussy eaters we are, service in hotel is brilliant. For those who have moaned about bathroom this is not uk and our plumming systems its Bulgaria's, and you do not live in the bathroom small amount of personal care that is all.
To all staff, so lovely and look forward to seeing you all again hopefully next year.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Elaine J
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 11, 2012

First time in bulgaria and it will not be the last but we will never stay in this hotel again. The room was very small, the toilet which was a wet room, becuse it had a shower head in it was also small.The bedding was only changed once while we were there for the week and that was the day before we were leaving and the towels were also only changed once. I know that you cannot expect to get the best in food when you are abroad, I never expect the ritz, but because I have stayed in a few hotels over the years abroad, the food was awful. Four choices and one of them is chips (luke warm). People who had stayed there before also commented about the hotel.The food that you pay extra for though was not bad although I only purchased an omelette there. The food outside in the bars and restaurants are absolutely gorgeous and very cheap and I recommend the emona restaurant which if you go out through the gardens of the hotel and turn right to walk down the strip, it is the second restaurant on the right just past the shops etc, but there are quite a few good ones anyway, that are cheap for food and drink.

Room Tip: 1202 is on the 12th floor and on the end of the building so the balcony is tiny and the room is smal...
1 Thank Jean155
Durham
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I stayed here with 2 friends in aug, the hotel is in an ideal position, all the public areas are spotless, but i,m, afraid that my room was not !! i was on the 8th floor with a side view, it was a decent size room but the maid service let it down, she did not do much cleaning at all in my room, the wetroom is well overdue a makeover, and the only cleaning it got during my stay was when i cleaned it after a shower, i had to ask for clean towels, and on one occasion i took 2 myslef from her trolly, there was sand on the floor the whole of my stay, which only says to me that she hadnt swept the floor. i have to say that other people i spoke to said that their rooms were fine, so maybe it was just the maid that was doing my room that were at fault.
Its a shame that this let the hotel down, because apart from that the hotel is fine, the food is ok, but repetative, but it is so cheap to eat out , that we didnt mind that so much, as for the staff, i coudnt go as far as to say they were fantastic, they were pleasent enough, but there was no interaction from them, they served you and that was it, apart from Nash, Tedi and mike, who always took time to ask how things were and make conversation, perhaps the rest should look at how they are with the guests.
The outside area is quite nice, a small pool area, and garden, but it is clean and tidy, the Kareoke bar was good, just a pity that it has to go inside at midnight, yet bars around are still banging out the music till late.
Overall i would go back here, but i would like to see some improvements to the room,s in particular the wetroom, i,m not the type who spend a lot of time in the room, but i do like the toilet/ shower area to be clean,

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends