“A hotel for those without prettentions !”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Elitsa

Hotel Elitsa
Ranked #25 of 31 Hotels in Albena
Brasov, Romania
“A hotel for those without prettentions !”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I give it 2-star hotel (not 3) and is located on the beach and is 30 years old is not very much restored till now. The rooms are quite small, quite clean, the beds are moving and are small, the bathroom is quite ok!

2 star restaurant, the food is better than 4 out in Turkey (eg Arora Hotel Kusadasi) but not excel in any way, various fruits, chicken and fish!

The beach is nice, just as many butts from those who smoke that throw them directly into the sand without caring for their children that are playing there, shame!

pluses:

- Located on the beach

- silence

- Relatively ok food

- Free sunbeds and umbrellas

- Not very deep pool and two children pools

minuses:

- Old hotel

- Do not change towels and sheets (at least at the beginning of September when I was)

- Beach quite dirty with cigarettes

- No animation

- drinking water is not good

- The bar and restaurant staff dressed differently

Unfortunately what happens in Albena I said a year ago, that beach is becoming increasingly dirty, worse service and less tourists!

Recommended only for those that have less money or do not want to go further in Turkey or else where !

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank comisarul

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Only the good thing was the location and animation.
I can only think that this hotel was given its 3 star rating about 30 years ago, as I have stayed in better 2 star accommodation recently.
Food - Terrible. Very basic salad and bland meals. There wasn't much choice between meals - ice cold pizza from the snack bar and chips.Took a long time about 20-30 min to get your food and drinks.When something finish and you ask for it to be replaced have to wait and if you are still around and lucky you can get it.
After a complain to the manager, we were told because we are "BULGARIAN" and because they have got containers full of food we can't get all we want,but at the same time we can see the manager taking bowls of fruits and sweet pastries to other holiday makers from other countries which i think is absolutely wrong.
First because they do not treat you with respect in your own country and second as i live in England i would never RECOMMEND this hotel to English friends because of what i saw and i do not want to be ashamed that i am BULGARIAN.
Some of the hotel staff were rude at times and unprofessional.
My room had basic clean every day but the linen and towels was changed only once for 10 days .
We were provided two 30 ml jars with shower gel and two really small soups for two people for the whole stay. Needless to say those were gone the second day and the maid never replaced them.
I will never go back to this hotel !!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank MARIYA P

Travelers are raving about these Albena hotels

New Milton, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I stayed at Elitsa in Agust 2012 with my family of 8, including me. The only good point I have about this hotel is that it was situated next to the beach so it was very quick and easy to get to the beach and back.However nearly everything else was bad. Starting with the food and drinks, there wasn't always enough food for all the guests at one time so people had to wait about 30-40 min so new food would be put on the tables, and as it was an all inclusive this shouldn't of happend, and even when the food was refilled it still went pretty quick as there was much less food then there should of been for all of the guests, not even mentioning that the quality of the food wasn't that good. Now to the drinks, the only way you could of had a nice drink was if you waited to be served from the beach bar, but if you when inside the hotel restaurant and filled up your own cup with pepsi or 7up all you got was clear soda water.

Secondly, room service, throughout my whole stay ,10 days, my double bed room was only cleaned once at the start of my stay. Through out the rest of my stay i had to sleep in dirty bed covers and I had to wash with dirty towels. Even so in the bathroom it said that they change towels every day. I dont even what to remember the state my room was at the end of my stay because it was so dirty as it wasn't cleaned.

In conclusion, I wouldn't return to this hotel as it had very poor Room service as it wasn't cleaned throughout my stay and the food quality and restaurant standard was awful.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank yuli_12
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed July 25, 2012

It was a pretty successful vacation, but only because we knew what to expect and didn't have up to the roof standards. First day we arrived we received a room with a view to the park, although we reserved one with a view to the sea, but the problem was fixed. The room itself is not the most beautiful room ever, but I guess you do not go to the sea to say in the room. The location however was brilliant, right next to the sea. The hotel has its own sunbeds on the beach, enough for everyone.
The food was average, nothing fancy, but all eatable. You had a variety of dishes, could not starve. It was pretty crowded, but I'd rather have a crowded hotel than an empty one.
I stayed there in July 2011.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SaKIrina
Reviewed July 7, 2012

we stayed for 1 week all inclusive
hotel on a clean beach
beach bar
food was average
not much evening hotel entertainment
hotel staff were rude at times
hotel mainly Russian moldovan and Bulgaria holiday makers who are not very friendly or polite

albena centre nice restaurants

would not return

• Stayed June 2012
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 5, 2012

I have been in Elitsa in August 2011 with my husband and with our friends who have 3 children.
In my oppinion the hotel is well situated, really close to the beach and walk distance from the shopping centre.The rooms where cleand every day, the cleaner was working hard.The sheets and towles changed regullary, but the toilet and bath wasn't cleand.Air conditioner was working fine.I am a fussy eater but I could find something to eat.They had good food variaties.At breakfast time a boy was making pancakes which I really enjoied!The good thing was they always replaced the food when something was going to finish.Lots of fruit, salads, cheese, diffrent tipes of breads.
Howewer I didn't liked the food from the snack bar, especially the pizza didn't look really 'tasty'.
The pool was good sized,but the poolaman really mean he was shouting with people.The barman from the pool bar was rude too, once he nearly pour hot coffe on me..when I was triing to make my best from the coffe machine, because teh coffe is not so good...
In conclusion, I might will return to the hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Mokucika B
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Not so bad.
Good for family with childrens. Clean beach.
The sea water is not always clean because of seaweed.
The pool is ok,

Room Tip: Small rooms.