We have spent in September 2013 a 10 days vacation at this hotel and these were the worst 10 days ever! The kids got a enterovirus in the 3rd day and we ended at the hospital for artificial hydration :( After talking to other couples with kids in the hotel, we found out that ours weren't the only ones affected, and adults were on the list as well. when I asked at the reception what happens with their food, they told me that it isn't the food responsible, because they are being checked every week, it's just a virus that is normal for this period of the year.
Anyway, let's say we were unlucky. but the dislikes are more:
- very bad food. very salty soups (Knorr rules!). barely something changed from one day to the other. very few salads. very bad fish (although we were at the seaside...) Actually it was the worse food I have ever eaten in an all inclusive hotel. even last years' 3* star hotel was far better.
- the water in the swimming pool was very cold. could't get the kids in such a cold water.
- the rooms are very small and very poorly accesoriezed.
- at the snack bar you could only eat fast food (fries, some kind of meat fingers / kebap and pizza)
- the silence hours are not respected. at noon they always clean some rooms on the hallway and the kids can't sleep because of the noise.
- no free wifi
The only good think was the little playgroud and the laying chairs and umbrellas on the beach.
I would rate this hotel as a 2* as it has very many improving points on the list.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Laguna Beach is located on the sea-coast, among beautiful shaped green areas, close to the center of Albena. Along with Laguna Mare and Laguna Garden Hotels, it builds a beautiful architectural complex. The seven story building of Laguna Beach and 168 units have a terrace architecture where most of the rooms have views of the sea. It offers All-Inclusive services. All guests accommodated for minimum 7 nights benefit from the Dine Around throughout the entire summer season. A sunshade and 2 lounge chairs on the beach are available per room. There are a large indoor and outdoor swimming pools and a children pool. The indoor pool and the Jacuzzi are heated during the colder months. Rich animation program in French is offered in the hotel six days per week. The lovers of diving sports can use the service in the diving school or rent equipment. Shops for souvenirs and drinks, snacks and beach goods are available for everyone. Free Wi-Fi at 1 Mbps is available in the hotel lobby and public areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Hotel Laguna Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.