“Better than I was expected”
Review of Hotel Laguna Beach

Hotel Laguna Beach
Ranked #2 of 31 Hotels in Albena
Bucharest
“Better than I was expected”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I was very surprised to see that this hotel is better than other more recommended hotels from Albena, but this is only my opinion :).The rooms are big enough, the view is excellent ,all roms have sea view, the location is perfect and also the stuff was very helpful and very careful.
What I want to pint out is that inspide of the fact that I stayed at this hotel at the last days before the winter closure, I had more food options than I was expected, and even if I arrived at the end of the dinner buffet, I still have found very varied buffet dishes.
I recommend this hotel for all tourists categories , friend, families with kids,couples and even solo.
I spend only 2 days in October , I took a bath in the sea I sat on the sun on the beach, in one word..EXCELLENT!!
I almost forget..the beach was large enough, and very clean and at that time not so crowded.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Czech first
Oakville
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I spent a week at this hotel in the summer. The view was spectacular. However, the hotel had that really bad smell of mold everywhere. The only way not to sense the smell was when the bathroom window was open. The moment you close that window, the smell was there and it was overwhelming. The restaurant was ok, good choice of food even for picky eaters. The service was not that great. The check-in time was 2 pm. We arrived shortly after 1 pm. We had booked two rooms. At 2 pm, we got the keys for one of the rooms, the other room was not available until almost an hour later. There was no excuse from the receptionist at all. I would not go to that hotel again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank AnaK2012

Travelers are raving about these Albena hotels

Bucharest
Reviewed June 7, 2012

The hotel was v clean all over, inside our rooms..restaurant..toilet areas in lobby, i was really impressed by the cleaning from hotel.Sheets and towels all new!Nothing to complain honestly
The food was good and the restaurant perfect clean and looking all food so fresh and good taste
Nice staff also.1 gr8 warm pool inside hotel, services good.Nothing to complaing abaout this hotel
Have a good value for money paid!!

Room Tip: Rooms for 2 adults and 1 child are comfy and clean
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
stockholm
Reviewed August 15, 2009

When we first arrived they put us in a room where there was a mouldstain from the roof to the floor. The smell made it impossible to be in the room. When I complained they said I could change room the day after. The new room was much better but the smell seemed to be everywhere.
The cleaning was awful, there was a slice of tomato lying under the sofa when we got the room and it was still there when we left! I belive that all they did where changing the towels and made the bed, they didn´t change the beddings once.
Every morning at nine o´clock the cleaner knocked on the door and somtimes woke us up. The noice in the corridor sounded as if it was inside the room, you could here every word spoken.
The poolarea was also dirty, there was sand and cigarettends everywhere and in the pool there where also a lot of sand.
Since the hotel is situated by the Black sea you would expect sunbeds, but the hotel didn´t have anybody.
The restaurang felt over all like junk, the plates wheren´t clean etc.
I would say that the only thing that was good about the hotel was the location, it was great.

5 Thank ankantheduck
Buzau, Romania
Reviewed August 12, 2009

great locations, great pool, very close to the beach, but the food was not so great !

2 Thank danagh
Sweden
Reviewed August 10, 2009

I booked the hotel after I'd reviewed all comments I could find in Internet. Everything seemed perfect. Unfortunately, the reality was completely opposite, but the price. Well, the hotel looks very nice from the pictures, but inside...
The entrance door of the room I was has a wide gap to the floor - one can hear every single word in the corridor, the birds who have a nest just above the neighbor room and during stormy weather you can enjoy a strong whistle with every wind blow.
The bathroom is rusty and smells a lot. It has a window but it does not help. The smell goes to the room with the help of the openings in the bathrooms door. One should pay attention that the water in the hotel is not suitable for drinking. Some of the towels seemed old and had flacks.
When I checked in the room the night lamps were not working - one was missing and the other one was just not working.
The ceiling in the room close to the balcony door is fowling down on the television set. One of the two glass seemed like never washed...
On the balcony something was dropping from the upper floor. After few complaining it was fixed.
During my stay, in the open swimming pool every day there was a nice water gymnastics. The staff could not tell me if I could join, because it has been organized for the Russian group tourists in the hotel, the even did not informed us bout the other facilities in the hotel like closed swimming pool, sauna, yoga in the mornings. There was nothing written in the hotel information either...They could not help me with the stamps for the postcards, neither with the working time of the post office. The parking area around is not under their supervision either. It was good however that we received a parking card and so we could drive in and out from the area without paying every day.
Every day something was happening just between 1400 and 1600. One day a man came to check the best before dates of the drinks in the mini bar. Another day a lady came for cleaning. Other day another one came with questions if somebody has already cleaned the day before. On the next day another day when we put the label Do not disturb on the door, the cleaning staff came again to ask if we wish to be un-disturbed or to be cleaned, because this is what is written just on the opposite side of the label which dropped on the floor in the corridor...It might seem strange that we wanted some quite afternoons, but the hotel is situated just opposite to Hotel Orlov's entertainment area. It had night program between 2100 and 2300 almost every night with mixed quality but high sound level.
However, the breakfast is really rich. The rose garden around the hotel is perfect. The hotel is very nicely situated just next to the beach. The open pool area is very nice. There is a nice table tennis table outside the hotel. The bar serves wonderful cocktails.

4 Thank PenkaSweden